Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

"
Can anyone confirm Uber Hillock still spawning since they fixed the bug? My characters are level 8 now, I'm worried they might have fixed it by just disabling him.

I hope Youll find it before lvl 9. Run for Hillock only.
"
de99ial wrote:
"
Can anyone confirm Uber Hillock still spawning since they fixed the bug? My characters are level 8 now, I'm worried they might have fixed it by just disabling him.

I hope Youll find it before lvl 9. Run for Hillock only.

Yes, once you get past level 6.5 you should skip all the zombies unless they are directly in your path and go for Hillock as fast as possible (find 10% speed boots). It's just a matter of rng luck to get uber Hillock to come out and play deadly games on the beach.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"

Yes, Uber-Hillock still spawns (at low levels).

I got both of those on Tuesday, after they fixed the bug. While I don't time my runs, I did 128 kills with one character and 142 with the other.

And honestly, I consider myself to have been fairly lucky to get out with that few total kills.

Spoiler
Although ... I suppose it's possible that the whole reason he was showing up in A6 might possibly have been as a result of them trying to tweak the spawn rate upwards just a tiny, tiny bit.

Just a guess on my part though.
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'
Last edited by Unquietheart on Dec 19, 2019, 5:24:32 PM
About UH in Act 6 - i dont think so. I think that due to a little overdue of those locations somebodu just missed part where Twiligh Strand is in two places in game, not just at the beginning.
"

Just dropped for a character that has been languishing in standard since Synthesis. Maybe 5 more runs until level 9. Hard to tell - I wasn't tracking xp during the UH encounter. Guess I don't get to join the level 9 club just yet, lol.

"
Furzan wrote:
Guess I don't get to join the level 9 club just yet, lol.

Pfft ... yeah ... about that.

Let's just say it's not really all it's cracked up to be.
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'
Last edited by Unquietheart on Dec 22, 2019, 11:58:18 AM
First time in the level 6 club, usually in the 9+ club. Just now getting the time to run this league, figured I'd do a little OG farming to start it off. Paid off, about three hours total, doing the 4 character run.

Of course, now I'll get shite Xmas presents tomorrow, used up all my luck. :)
"
Capozzi wrote:
First time in the level 6 club, usually in the 9+ club. Just now getting the time to run this league, figured I'd do a little OG farming to start it off. Paid off, about three hours total, doing the 4 character run.

Of course, now I'll get shite Xmas presents tomorrow, used up all my luck. :)

Merry Christmas fellow beach runner. I have a 3 exile rotation at level 7.5 and no sign of Uber Hillock. I know it's the infamous damn rng of PoE but I'm beginning to think that because of the original error that allowed a few players to get an Oni-Goroshi sword in Act 6 that GGG now has made the UH hunt longer. I know it's good to exercise regularly but with 100s of beach runs my 3 exiles are getting worn out.

BTW, thanks to whoever posted about that so GGG would be sure to fix it and deprive the non-racers of that opportunity... NOT!!! I'm sure they never stopped to think and just wanted to be the first to tell everyone "hey, look what dropped in the TSB in act 6." I got my OG so now GGG can fix it so nobody else can get one in act 6. It was a Christmas miracle until that fact was posted and GGG fixed it making for a "Bah humbug" Christmas. GGG didn't even put up anything Christmas for the daily special sale (yawn! I wanted a Snowman hideout decoration).

Merry Christmas
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
If I'm going to go for an Oni in a given league, I pretty much have to do that first. Otherwise I'll just get distracted by whatever else I've picked and I'll never finish.

Not to mention, I used to spend all my time on highly unsuccessful attempts at Bow using Rangers. Whereas the melee/Oni characters I've made have all been far more dangerous and far more successful.

I actually love playing an Ice Shot Ranger, but ... boss fights are always painful experiences.
It's always worth farming for the decent chance to get OG and Tabula. Got 2 OG and 1 Tabula this time around. First OG at level 8.3, then Tab at level 6, then OG again at level 8.5.

Don't have to be spending entire hours at once. Whenever your main character visits town, log off the main, then log in three farmers, run the beach once per farmer, then back to your main.

I prefer Duelists for killing Hillock with ease because they have the best DPS by far. Movement speed don't matter to me, since instances need time to despawn anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info