Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

Got sick of not being answered in trade so started farming another one yesterday. Started at midday and went until midnight with only about 30 minute break and have nothing yet. About to start again now so here's hoping not much longer.
"
FCK42 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that's NOT why Charan left, but ok.

It wasn't.

"
Also, the whole thing about the sword wasn't really "figured out" by someone, Charan outright told us in the "Goddess Ssords discussion thread". Not even sure if that still exists. And yeah, it was his idea to have it in drop only in Twilight strand or from div cards.

Correct.
Wash your hands, Exile!
After another 3 hours finally dropped
It will take some time brfore new socket mechanics so lets focus on nearest league.

Will You farm OG? I will probably two of them.
"
de99ial wrote:

Yeah, for me it is decided to be another Oni-Farming league in 3.9! Nothing brings me to pick a bow-character this time. Melee all the way!

Did already farm it 2 times - 1 around Abyss. Then again Synthesis because I hated the league mechanic and was bored.

I wish every TSB-runner a good hunt for the Goddess!

Last edited by TheGoodBadWeird on Nov 29, 2019, 6:24:49 AM
"
"
de99ial wrote:

Yeah, for me it is decided to be another Oni-Farming league in 3.9! Nothing brings me to pick a bow-character this time. Melee all the way!

Did already farm it 2 times - 1 around Abyss. Then again Synthesis because I hated the league mechanic and was bored.

I wish every TSB-runner a good hunt for the Goddess!

Very bittersweet feeling making TSB runs calling for UH to come out and play now that we know this will all be gone come PoE 2 (if I can play at all... damn Networklayer shit bad Internet).

I believe the socket change is what finally was the last straw for Charan. Chasing 6L gear will be gone and chasing 6L gems just won't be the same.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
de99ial wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:
Too bad we can't get this in the endgame (god damn power/speed creep).

The whole point of that sword was to redirect attention and gameplay to first location. And it worked.

Yes, placing the farming for a 6L item right at the start was pure genious by GGG (or did Charan suggest that?). Either way it was brilliant. Even more amazing was the first player to discover this. I'd never ever have thought "what would happen if I didn't go into Lioneye's Watch but just logged out, waited for the TSB zone to reset, and run it again, and again, and again? Would I get something different eventually?" When I first read that thread in Dec. 2017 I was like "your shitting me! Really? How the hell did someone figure that out?" Now with the socket mechanics being turned upside down for PoE 2 there won't be any need to farm for 1 anymore other than the desire to continue to honer Charan and his great creation. Only other reason to do it in PoE 1 when PoE 2 comes out is to get the extra voice dialogues (I should think GGG will keep that in for PoE 1).

Now we all mostly know why Charan quit this game. Losing the 6L on gear (looks like we'll get 4 unlinked sockets max) destroys the value of all 6L weapons and chests. I do see the convenience that the "sockets on skills" allows (just swap 1 skill gem and viola, you're good to go) and that it opens up the game to play skill combos instead of just spamming 1 or 2 skills forever on a build, but it puts an emotional damper on all the time spent acquiring/crafting 6L gear so it's a bitter sweat change.

I belive the one found out was farming tabula
Change is the only sure thing in life.

Untill then will run for Her.

Found so far:
Last edited by de99ial on Nov 29, 2019, 11:12:56 AM
The Oni I farmed in Blight:

made it easy to Cyclone my way to yellow maps deathless, even with the nerfs after Legion League. So until PoE 2 Charan's Sword does have build enabling value.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Thats why i will farm it in Metamorph.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info