[3.2] Ngamahu Cyclone Chieftain 1mi+ Shaper DPS

Disclaimer: Not a pro and ESL here, so take this build with a grain of salt.

Ngamahu cyclone is my favorite build, so when I saw the new chieftain I decided to theorycraft for the first time. Overall, the build is good, won't be OP, but for sure can kill shaper.

Build is taking as the 70% extra fire is up, for more precise dps, change the 70% flask for 23%, so you can calculate your dps in 10seconds. which is more accurate (1.36mi shaper dps with charges, 1.13mi without)

Pros:
- Very Tanky, 7 Endu charges, 81% phys reduction and free 100% fire res
- Very fast and fun to play (as all ngamahu's)
- Cheap, lots of space for uniques, 100% fire res asc makes everything better
- Can do more DPS, but lose some tankiness
- Don't need vaal pact

Cons:
- Some builds can do more damage with the same budget
- Raider/Slayer do more dps
- Can't do reflect mods, not sure about leech (tons of life regen)
- Balls need to hit for a higher damage, each hits 80~100k, 5 casts per second, 7 balls per cast

Almost perfect build 1.5mi cyclone dps, balls hitting 140k - Charges and flasks up
Spoiler

Uniques are 80~90% off perfect, rares are not mirror tier, but pretty good, bronn's can hardly get those colors (forgot to get +1 endu on belt, which is 40~1ex)
https://pastebin.com/7eaVjxqD

Build with my gear, less than 10ex budget; 600k cyclone balls hitting 100k, Tankier - Charges and flasks up
Spoiler

My gear:

Gear choices:
Spoiler

Helmet:
Spoiler

Devoto's is the best and cheapest option here, great mov speed and attack speed. With Blood rage enchantment is BiS. As we ar Tank AF, abyssus can be used, the mitigation on armor + the 10% phys taken as fire will will help.

Body Armor:
Spoiler

Bronn's is your best DPS option, tho the colors are almost impossible to get. Carcass is a great choice between both

Gloves:
Spoiler

Something with high armor, attack speed and res is awesome, if you can get the elder/shaper faster attacks to link with leap slam is even better, if you can't a good old spiked gloves will do the trick. Tombfist is a great option, depending on how rare they will be next league, you could even use a stygian belt, because you won't need the intimidate. We just need 1s, take the vaal haste out.

Boots:
Spoiler

If you don't need more res on boots, Death's door is the best option here. Tons of strenght for a Chieftain is great, bleed imunity is even better. Life regen or elemental pen are the best enchantments you can get

Belt:
Spoiler

A good stygian belt + jewel might be expensive next league, specially the start, +1 endu deceiver is awesome, on 3.2, endurance charges will boost our dps, so you'd need a very good belt to
out dps a +1 deceiver (paid 40c on mine), if you got your hands on a tombfist, swap the belt for a stygian.

Rings:
Spoiler

Nothing new to say here, steel or opal rings, cap your res first, look for life and WED, flat phys or fire if possible

Amulets:
Spoiler

You have two good option here: Impresence or a really good (And expensive) elder amulet. You will need almost perfect rolls on an elder to out dps the free aura (hatred) that Impresence gives,
plus the life regen for chieftain is great

Level 95 tree: http://poeurl.com/bL7o

Thoughts on EO: IMO, EO is a really bad league starter, it caps how you can gear your character, to out dps the RT you would need some really expensive gear, a good dps ring for RT is 2~4ex, with the same rolls, but with good accuracy, it can be more expensive than the entire build together and you'd need to drop Impresence, which is a really good survivability option. With godlike gear, we ger over 400~500k more dps, so IF you want to invest more on your character and have the currency, I'd suggest you swap RT for EO, but don't start with EO.

You can check the different links and gems on my almost perfect build: https://pastebin.com/7eaVjxqD
My current items are linked with the gem setup I most like, feel free to change anything. >>Charges are up!<<

Thanks for reading, feel free to say anything, tips are welcome.

Champion EO variation 1.6mi dps without crazy shit and charges, way better dps than warchief
"
Hey guys, just made this champion varition if you are looking for more DPS with EO, tho xoph's blood is quite expensive this league, we dropped death's door since we are not using endu charges, so it ends up being the same medium budget. We have 2 slots left for gems, you can either use some dps gems on totem for bosses ou a 2abyss socket boots/gloves. Use purity of elements + blood magic on off hand to proc adrenaline or get fortitude so you don't need to use on leap slam, I prefer adrenaline since we would leap slam anyway in any real fight.

https://pastebin.com/NZrhBRm2

EDIT: added tombfist and abyssus as options.
EDIT2: fixed some shit, added champion variant

Last edited by leolarizza on Mar 24, 2018, 3:23:48 PM
Last bumped on Apr 8, 2018, 9:28:01 AM
Hi, i am planning a Ngamahu build as starter build, but i want use Elemental Overload because its 40% more damage and is a grateful dps increase. The problem is not to take Resolute Technique.

Chieftain has 100% fire res that is very good as starter build to cap elements, also 1% life leech, fire penetration, cover in ash rare and unique, and the endurance charges generation and life regen.

But i dont know how much accuracy i need to reach at least 90% chance to hit while use Elemental Overload, i see a old post with a table that indicates 2000+ accuracy, i dont know how hard is to reach that number.

I am taking in consideration Jugg or Ascendant.
- Jugg because it has 1000 accuracy, strength to accuracy and attack speed. So reach 90% chance to hit is very easy, also we have endurance charges and damage per enduranche charge (like 6% fire damage per endurance in chieftain), AOE, and good defensive nodes like Unbreakable.

The cons is that we lose 10% fire penetration and cover in ash for unique and rare, but we can use Elemental Overload without worrying about accuracy in gear.
Also we can get the life leech nodes in Duelist zone to cover the Chieftain 1% life leech.

- Ascendant using Jugg for the Accuracy and Slayer for leech dont stop at full life, damage and culling, or pathfinder for 6% elemental penetration, mov speed and attack speed while flask.

With the jugg node we can get more chance to hit easier and take Elemental Overload

PD: Sorry if my English is not quite right
"
Hi, i am planning a Ngamahu build as starter build, but i want use Elemental Overload because its 40% more damage and is a grateful dps increase. The problem is not to take Resolute Technique.

Chieftain has 100% fire res that is very good as starter build to cap elements, also 1% life leech, fire penetration, cover in ash rare and unique, and the endurance charges generation and life regen.

But i dont know how much accuracy i need to reach at least 90% chance to hit while use Elemental Overload, i see a old post with a table that indicates 2000+ accuracy, i dont know how hard is to reach that number.

- Jugg because it has 1000 accuracy, strength to accuracy and attack speed. So reach 90% chance to hit is very easy, also we have endurance charges and damage per enduranche charge (like 6% fire damage per endurance in chieftain), AOE, and good defensive nodes like Unbreakable.

The cons is that we lose 10% fire penetration and cover in ash for unique and rare, but we can use Elemental Overload without worrying about accuracy in gear.
Also we can get the life leech nodes in Duelist zone to cover the Chieftain 1% life leech.

- Ascendant using Jugg for the Accuracy and Slayer for leech dont stop at full life, damage and culling, or pathfinder for 6% elemental penetration, mov speed and attack speed while flask.

With the jugg node we can get more chance to hit easier and take Elemental Overload

EO is better dps wise, but it's really hard to gear, you would probably need atleast 800acc on rings/amulet on total. Accuracy jewelry with good dps rolls are quite expensive, more than the hole build, so for a league start, RT is just superior. If you got some currency to invest on that build, you can just change your rings for accuracy ones, and the amulet for an elder with good rolls and accuracy (even more expensive)

Chieftain is just superior, it's almost made for this build, other option is Raider, for faster mapping, but less DPS. Played some pob for the scion, but nothing seems to work, ele/raider was the best one, and only reached 600k dps.
"
leolarizza wrote:
"

EO is better dps wise, but it's really hard to gear, you would probably need atleast 800acc on rings/amulet on total. Accuracy jewelry with good dps rolls are quite expensive, more than the hole build, so for a league start, RT is just superior. If you got some currency to invest on that build, you can just change your rings for accuracy ones, and the amulet for an elder with good rolls and accuracy (even more expensive)

Chieftain is just superior, it's almost made for this build, other option is Raider, for faster mapping, but less DPS. Played some pob for the scion, but nothing seems to work, ele/raider was the best one, and only reached 600k dps.

yes, i am trying POB and Jugg without accuracy gear and EO reach the same damage per ball that chieftain with 800 accuracy and EO.
So, i am thinking that Jugg with EO as starter can get more DPS than chieftain unleass you get acurracy with chieftain, because vs bosses cover in ash is "20% more taken".

At the end, Jugg is easier to reach good DPS with EO but chieftain can min/max more DPS with 800 acurracy, but only agains bosses, in trash is the same DPS. At least this is what i see in POB.

(Jugg, EO, no accuracy gear) <- is equal -> (Chief, EO, 800 accuracy) with trash.

The only think is that with jugg you need avatar of fire, and with chieftain the accuracy nodes "Precision" and "Versatility".

EDIT:
With your PoB i see chieftain RT has a little litlle less damage per ball (i am just see the ball) than jugg with EO.

So at least for trash this little less damage is the same, and with bosses chieftain ofc win, cover in ash and 70% extra damage a few seconds.
Last edited by adrianfer on Feb 28, 2018, 7:02:57 PM
"
adrianfer wrote:
"
leolarizza wrote:
"

yes, i am trying POB and Jugg without accuracy gear and EO reach the same damage per ball that chieftain with 800 accuracy and EO.
So, i am thinking that Jugg with EO as starter can get more DPS than chieftain unleass you get acurracy with chieftain, because vs bosses cover in ash is "20% more taken".

At the end, Jugg is easier to reach good DPS with EO but chieftain can min/max more DPS with 800 acurracy, but only agains bosses, in trash is the same DPS. At least this is what i see in POB.

(Jugg, EO, no accuracy gear) <- is equal -> (Chief, EO, 800 accuracy) with trash.

The only think is that with jugg you need avatar of fire, and with chieftain the accuracy nodes "Precision" and "Versatility".

Not quite, the fact that you need to get xoph's and drop one aura and hope you'd crit something makes jugg worse than chieftain RT + the balls dmg loss, but it is still very powerful, you can easily do all content with it, ngamahu its just a strong item.
"

Not quite, the fact that you need to get xoph's and drop one aura and hope you'd crit something makes jugg worse than chieftain RT + the balls dmg loss, but it is still very powerful, you can easily do all content with it, ngamahu its just a strong item.

I edit at the same time you answered.

Yes, i see that chieftain RT is better with bosses, vs trash it has less dps than jugg EO but it doesnt matter, so with bosses 70% extra damage a few seconds and cover in ash is better and easier.

Thanks for the help, i am going to start chieftain finally :p
"
adrianfer wrote:
"

Yes, i see that chieftain RT is better with bosses, vs trash it has less dps than jugg EO but it doesnt matter, so with bosses 70% extra damage a few seconds and cover in ash is better and easier.

You could also go for champion, enemies can't evade if you taunted them, so its just a way to say 100% accuracy. Has almost the same survavibility of chieftain and with EO, has more dps than chief with OE, im myself thinking on going champion

EDIT: Sorry, it does not have more dps, i had a edited flask on LUL, but it does 1.6mi (2mi with adrenaline buff) shaper dps, can be optimized, but i doubt it will get over 1.8
Last edited by leolarizza on Feb 28, 2018, 7:35:52 PM
"
leolarizza wrote:
"
adrianfer wrote:
"

You could also go for champion, enemies can't evade if you taunted them, so its just a way to say 100% accuracy. Has almost the same survavibility of chieftain and with EO, has more dps than chief with OE, im myself thinking on going champion

EDIT: Sorry, it does not have more dps, i had a edited flask on LUL, but it does 1.6mi (2mi with adrenaline buff) shaper dps, can be optimized, but i doubt it will get over 1.8

I get more damage with champion yes, do you take avatar of fire?, because you lose the 50% fire conversion when you change ascendancy

About 143k more DPS in cyclone and 17k more per molten burst ball if i did it well
"
adrianfer wrote:

I get more damage with champion yes, do you take avatar of fire?, because you lose the 50% fire conversion when you change ascendancy

About 143k more DPS in cyclone and 17k more per molten burst ball if i did it well

You don't need to pick AO if you have xoph's, which you should have. Champion is a great option, but chief is still the best one overall, and has more space to improvement, while that's almost the highest damage you can get from a champion
get anger leave hatred and get watcher's eye with the anger passives (highly cost) would be a better dps than that. i like this build that can go from budget build starter to a skyrocket end game build depends on how much currency you have and like to spend

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info