[BOTW Submission] [3.2] Crit Incinerate CWC Ball Lightning Fire Burst Inquisitor

"
Crit Chest
Getting a crit chest is quite crucial since incinerate has no base crit chance.

Do we really need this to give crit chance to Incinerate? As I see linking Increase Critical Strikes Support gem to Incinerate gives crit chance to Incinerate on tooltip. Thats some kind of bug or it really gives me some crit?

From poe wiki Increase Critical Strikes Support:
"
The supported skill must have the ability to score a critical strike for this gem to have any effect. For example, linking this gem to a curse will have no effect.

So It shouldn't gives me crit chance on tooltip, cuz Incinerate have 0% base crit chance...but on other hand we have (poe wiki Incinerate):

"
Critical strikes: Incinerate has a 0% base critical strike chance. However, it is possible for it to deal a critical strike on an enemy cursed with Assassin's Mark. It can also be supported by the Increased Critical Strikes Support gem, which increases base critical chance for supported skills as of patch 2.2.0.

Dunno what to think about it...

Ring with assasin mark + life gain + some useful mods like resistances, can costs a lot, but before buying this good opportunity is to use low cwdt + assasin mark curse.

For now my Inquistor using this build is quite decent, but still need some upgrades/gear. Have enough dmg, but still lack of survivability.

"
pritus90 wrote:
"
Crit Chest
Getting a crit chest is quite crucial since incinerate has no base crit chance.

Do we really need this to give crit chance to Incinerate? As I see linking Increase Critical Strikes Support gem to Incinerate gives crit chance to Incinerate on tooltip. Thats some kind of bug or it really gives me some crit?

From poe wiki Increase Critical Strikes Support:
"
The supported skill must have the ability to score a critical strike for this gem to have any effect. For example, linking this gem to a curse will have no effect.

So It shouldn't gives me crit chance on tooltip, cuz Incinerate have 0% base crit chance...but on other hand we have (poe wiki Incinerate):

"
Critical strikes: Incinerate has a 0% base critical strike chance. However, it is possible for it to deal a critical strike on an enemy cursed with Assassin's Mark. It can also be supported by the Increased Critical Strikes Support gem, which increases base critical chance for supported skills as of patch 2.2.0.

Dunno what to think about it...

Ring with assasin mark + life gain + some useful mods like resistances, can costs a lot, but before buying this good opportunity is to use low cwdt + assasin mark curse.

For now my Inquistor using this build is quite decent, but still need some upgrades/gear. Have enough dmg, but still lack of survivability.

Yes base crit applies to skills that have 0% crit. That's why my incinerate is able to crit.

Cwdt + curse isn't quite as reliable as curse on hit. But it's a good temporary option.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Added a Phoenix run.

Crafted a new belt.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Made some cool new boots!

Nice one!

"
Incinerate -> Cast While Channeling -> Ball Lightning -> Increased Critical Strikes -> Greater Multiple Projectiles/Slower Projectiles -> Elemental Focus/Controlled Destruction

Wouldn't be better to use Slower Projectiles instead of Controlled Destruction since Incinerate and Ball Lightning are projectiles?

Comparing both gems on 20 lvl:
SP gives 49% slower proj + 29% more dmg - CD gives 44%, so 15% more, but also reduce crit chance by 100% (which decrease my crit chance -7%).

I believe that enchantment for slowing BL was there for a reason (hits per seconds + more dmg probably?), what if we will slow that balls with additional 49% using SP? :D

What u think about Voice of Storm unique amulet? It looks nice with that crit strike and triggering lightning bolt - with CDR will this proc pretty often...
I have a ball lightning speed reduction helm enchant for swap on big bosses.

Mapping with slower projectiles is a bad idea, trust me.

Better to keep it for swap at boss.
So which helm enchant u typically use for mapping?
"
pritus90 wrote:
So which helm enchant u typically use for mapping?

None cause I haven't managed to get a desirable one.

Something with incinerate would be nice. Damage per stage or projectile speed.
Chest with crit is not necessary at all. Incinerate gain crit chance by crit chance gem (read description/tooltip of skill to check). Great chest for clearspeed maps should be Inpulsa's Broken Heart, since we shock enemies almost all the time (ofc with Controlled Destr gem). Already testing it and for now it looks great.

With enough mana regen on items and leech life/mana enchant on boots I've changed Clarity to Herald of Thunder for additional hits and dmg.

Still 0 Watcher's Eye with ES gain on hit on Discipline in Bestiary :D
"
pritus90 wrote:
Chest with crit is not necessary at all. Incinerate gain crit chance by crit chance gem (read description/tooltip of skill to check). Great chest for clearspeed maps should be Inpulsa's Broken Heart, since we shock enemies almost all the time (ofc with Controlled Destr gem). Already testing it and for now it looks great.

With enough mana regen on items and leech life/mana enchant on boots I've changed Clarity to Herald of Thunder for additional hits and dmg.

Still 0 Watcher's Eye with ES gain on hit on Discipline in Bestiary :D

You're actually pretty wrong here concerning the crit chest.

You're an inquisitor, crit is what gets you to ignore monster resists and deal additional damage. The gem gives you 2% base crit for incinerate which is not a lot. Having an extra 1.5% helps you get acceptable crit chance on incinerate and helps you almost cap your ball lightning crit chance as well.

The crit chest is one of the most important pieces here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info