[3.17] For Marauder - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam Build

2 questions as I am deathless at lv 81 and finally starting to see the lifebar move in fights.

Impale, can we use it? Does it work with everything being converted to fire?
POB says yes, but I am unsure.

Also, Soul of steel for +1 to all, I have to give up some damage, but seems awesome for defense?

Thoughts?

I usually don't wander from guides, but I saw a well done youtube on impale and it seems OP for bossing.

Nothing I can't respec out of fast... And thanks again, this guy is nuts.
Got to 100 jewelers last night and 6 socketed my axe. also got the rrggbb in 50 chromatics so I am golden again!

Having fun in low maps, 3 trials done, Syndicate is non existent, barely get out of their portals! Temple tonight and Einhar is making me rich, made 125c in 3 beasts!
I will wear your ghost and you will die twice, against me and for me.
That is some cold blooded shit to say...
Hi,
i see many people don't use Vaal Pact and some other don't use Elemental overload.
Someone can tell me what's the pro & cons ?

About the armor, what is the best for damage ? Loreweave or Bronn ?

Thx
Last edited by Jacob1618 on Jun 19, 2019, 11:23:49 AM
Hey, I love this build but im pretty noob at POE, so here's a question.

I got a Xoph's Blood, is it still worth using the Chieftain build or should I swap to one of the others ??
Is someone able to have a quick look over my character and see what big impact changes I could make to help improve damage/survivability?

I'm working on leveling up gems still so that I can get some quality % on them after.

I've come into about 5-6 Ex, so can afford to spend a little but just want to get the biggest 'bang for my buck', you know?
So am I missing something or does this build rather aim at Cyclone? Using Consecrated Path and Tectonic Slam both do not work for me manawise, even though I'm wearing 2 "-7 Mana Cost of Skills" rings.
"
MrSym wrote:
Is someone able to have a quick look over my character and see what big impact changes I could make to help improve damage/survivability?

I'm working on leveling up gems still so that I can get some quality % on them after.

I've come into about 5-6 Ex, so can afford to spend a little but just want to get the biggest 'bang for my buck', you know?

First thing I notice is that you have the option to path into Iron Reflexes, changing all Evasion into Armour. You have some % Armour increased nodes, but only the helmet giving armour at the moment. Along that line I'd also change the gloves to ES or Armour base.

I'm late to hitting end game this league so I can't test how well an elder ring with +15-20 life gain on hit works compared to old cyclone, but that might help a ton too. Are these rings still good or has the attack speed of cyclone slowed down too much to make it worth it?
Hello

Thank you for this amazing build i have a few questions to ask for cyclone build

1-is the jewel + the abyssal jewel in the guide and in the POB updated to 3.7 for cyclone ?

2-is the Red Dream Jewel big upgrade for cyclone ?

3-which one has the most damage output ( bronn or loreweave ) ?

4-if i am running bronn chest do i change elemental overload to RT for most damage output ?
I see you're saying to upgrade to double abyssal socket tombfist, but what gems would you drop for that? You don't have any examples of it in the gems section, and in the recommended gear section you just have a setup with enlighten for a single abyssal tombfist.
"
mitakaa wrote:
Hi , Kira , nice guide :) I'm 91 now and I go to beat uber elder , can you tell me what I can to improve on my gear ?

Thanks!

here my gear :
Spoiler

maybe some enchants on my helm and boots ...

PS: I change some nodes on your EO tree , and this is soo good now :)

I would say your gears are good. Probably Tombfist with 2 abyssal sockets will be your next upgrade.

Boots with Cannot be Frozen crafted will also be very good upgrade for you.

"
Having a blast using the build in red maps.

You said that the Taste of Hate + Wise Oak setup should have at least 50% more overcapped fire resistance than any other resist. However, if I pop both flasks at once, it's only 43% higher than my cold res. Is that super relevant?

As long as your overcapped fire resist is higher than your overcapped cold resist when you pop both Taste of Hate and Wise Oak, you will be fine. :)

"
Lisonn wrote:
First of all I'd like to thank you for the build. I'm having a lot of fun!

Chieftain Cyclon rocks!

I'm on red tier maps and i'm running with blood rage any without Vaal Packt. It feels better for me. What do you think about Vaal Packt?

At the moment I can't afford Devoto's Devotion and i have Starkonia's Head. My question is - is Devoto's Devotion a lot better? Is it worth to save money for it?

Last thing is that I can't really tell how strong Molten Blast is :P Mobs are dying quite fast and I can't tell if it's because of Cyclon or Molten Blast.
Can I check it how much damage it actually deals?

Thank you in advance :)

Devoto is better for the mobility, higher attack speed and chaos resist. It is optional but will be big QOL to the build. It also provide high armor and evasion in 1 single slot.

When your gears reach min/max, Cyclone will account for at least 60% of your total damage.

"
Askandor wrote:
Hi, can u give me adv what i can buy for 1.5 ex to improve my build?
also i got 2nd ring with currency, just need hit 80 lvl to wear it.

I will save up the exalted till you can get a 6L chest as that will instantly increase your damage by 40%.

I would recommend you to get 1 ring with -7 total mana. Something like this:

This will allow you to drop mana pot.

Check out the flask section and follow the flask setup. Flasks are very important when it comes to improving your survivability and dps.

You also need better life rolls on your belt and boots.

Rare elder amulet will give you better survivability and more damage too.

"
roboqrt wrote:
I'm running out of mana with my Consecrated Path version, can you give me advice?

I have two rings with -7 Mana Cost

and run this setup

thx

Your character profile is hidden. How much unreserved mana do you have?

"
Fushta wrote:
What do you take as an elemental focus replacement for mapping with Tectonic Slam tree? Combustion is recommended in gems section, but we already have combustion on Ngamahu's.

I suppose, no much sense to keep it in both, if resistance penetration doesn't stack, and I would probably prefer to keep it in Ngamahu's and use some more efficient damage booster with Tectonic.

Also I tried to switch from RT to EO, and I have a really hard time to keep the EO buff up. I have ~8% crit chance, but it seems to be way too little. How much crit does one realistically need for EO tree with Tectonic Slam?

You can definitely swap to Elemental Focus.

To ensure 100% EO uptime, you can get 120% chance to crit enchant to your boots. With that, you will have no issue keeping EO up.

"
GrunkleBob wrote:
2 questions as I am deathless at lv 81 and finally starting to see the lifebar move in fights.

Impale, can we use it? Does it work with everything being converted to fire?
POB says yes, but I am unsure.

Also, Soul of steel for +1 to all, I have to give up some damage, but seems awesome for defense?

Thoughts?

I usually don't wander from guides, but I saw a well done youtube on impale and it seems OP for bossing.

Nothing I can't respec out of fast... And thanks again, this guy is nuts.
Got to 100 jewelers last night and 6 socketed my axe. also got the rrggbb in 50 chromatics so I am golden again!

Having fun in low maps, 3 trials done, Syndicate is non existent, barely get out of their portals! Temple tonight and Einhar is making me rich, made 125c in 3 beasts!

Impale only works for physical build. This build is pure fire so it won't work.

If you play in hardcore, Soul of Steel will be good. Otherwise I don't find that useful.

"
Jacob1618 wrote:
Hi,
i see many people don't use Vaal Pact and some other don't use Elemental overload.
Someone can tell me what's the pro & cons ?

About the armor, what is the best for damage ? Loreweave or Bronn ?

Thx

Vaal Pact is optional. You only use it if you feel that you need better life leech.

For EO, it has higher damage than RT. Approximately 20% more damage when you are properly geared for it.

Bronn provide the highest damage output for the build.

"
Cebrail wrote:
Hey, I love this build but im pretty noob at POE, so here's a question.

I got a Xoph's Blood, is it still worth using the Chieftain build or should I swap to one of the others ??

Xoph's Blood is not useful for Chieftain. A rare elder amulet will be better. You can check out the recommended section for reference.

"
MrSym wrote:

Armor and evasion gears will be better for the build. I see that you are using Conjurer gloves. I would replace that. Tombfist with 2 abyssal sockets is highly recommended.

Your rings and amulet can be improved. You will want high life roll on them. Rare elder amulet will be better for you.

Replace Lion's Roar with anti-curse Granite flask. You only use Lion's Roar for bosses that cannot be knocked back.

For jewels, prioritise life rolls on them.

"
McPumpkin wrote:

I'm late to hitting end game this league so I can't test how well an elder ring with +15-20 life gain on hit works compared to old cyclone, but that might help a ton too. Are these rings still good or has the attack speed of cyclone slowed down too much to make it worth it?

Life gain on hit rings will still be good but totally optional.

Get -7 total mana instead. It is a big QOL to Cyclone.

"
iconxxx wrote:
Hello

Thank you for this amazing build i have a few questions to ask for cyclone build

1-is the jewel + the abyssal jewel in the guide and in the POB updated to 3.7 for cyclone ?

2-is the Red Dream Jewel big upgrade for cyclone ?

3-which one has the most damage output ( bronn or loreweave ) ?

4-if i am running bronn chest do i change elemental overload to RT for most damage output ?

1. Gems and jewels in guide is most updated so you can refer to the guide instead.

2. Red Dream is just a QOL for Cyclone and totally optional. You can now go for Disciple of the Unyielding for endurance charge on kill instead.

3. Bronn

4. EO has higher damage output than RT once you geared for it.

"
Jdorty wrote:
I see you're saying to upgrade to double abyssal socket tombfist, but what gems would you drop for that? You don't have any examples of it in the gems section, and in the recommended gear section you just have a setup with enlighten for a single abyssal tombfist.

I will link:

CWDT + Immortal Call + Leap Slam + Wave of Conviction

and on Tombfist:

Ancestral Warchief + Culling Strike
If I go with the Impresence setup, what should I drop for anger?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info