[3.17] For Marauder - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam Build

Hello,

Really enjoying the build, it's fun and engaging and I love to see things be deleted. However, I'm having a lot of trouble with survivability. I find myself getting one shotted a lot and just very inconsistent with staying alive. I know have some upgrades to do in terms of gloves and boots, but how else can I survive longer?

Thanks in advance for the help!
"
DukeOfTacos wrote:
Hello,

Really enjoying the build, it's fun and engaging and I love to see things be deleted. However, I'm having a lot of trouble with survivability. I find myself getting one shotted a lot and just very inconsistent with staying alive. I know have some upgrades to do in terms of gloves and boots, but how else can I survive longer?

Thanks in advance for the help!

First, you need 6 sockets on Ngamahu's Flame. You do not need any link on the axe because the axe only house support gems, which support Molten Burst directly. That missing socket is at least 40% less damage.

Secondly, you do not have accuracy on your gear and you are not using Resolute Technique. You will definitely want to pick that up as it instantly improves your damage.

Next, an elder / warlord amulet will be better:

The above are meant for crit skill tree. For non-crit, you just need to exclude the crit affixes and replace them with resistance.

For gloves, you will definitely want to get your hands on Warlord influenced Spike gloves. Craft Culling strike on this pair of gloves and then you can complete it (melee damage + t1 life + resistances) with harvest crafting.

For belt, Elder/hunter Stygian belt is preferred because both can roll T1 life and life % mod:

For boots, if you are going for crit skill tree:

Otherwise:

For rings, warlord ring for curse flammability on hit, hunter ring for curse elemental weakness on hit:

To go for dual curse, you need +1 curse chest.

For chest, Crusader + Hunter chest is highly recommended:

If you are going for crit skill tree, BIS helm will be:

For non-crit skill tree, you can replace +1 power charge and crit multiplier with hybrid life and another resistance. Or just stick to Devoto.

And lastly, get your gems to 21/20. And for gems that have awakened version, upgrade to them progressively.

For flasks:
1. Bubbling Divine life flask of Staunching
2. Experimental granite flask of Warding
3. Experimental quicksilver flask of Heat
4. Taste of Hate
5. Atziri's Promise

You will replace granite flask with Lion's Roar for end game bosses.

I do not recommend running maps with more than 2 damage mods. In fact, to play it safe, just run rare maps with single damage mod unless leveling is not important to you. Always use your flasks when you engage in a fight. They are vital to your survivability.
Last edited by kira1414 on Aug 19, 2020, 8:35:57 AM
Guide is updated for 3.12 (except POB).
Thank you all mighty Kira, this is my favorite build !
"
kira1414 wrote:
Guide is updated for 3.12 (except POB).

POB when? pls :)
It is fair to say this build requires significant investment to be able to handle end game activities?

If I can only run a single character this league, I’m going to struggle with this one?
Question: I got a cluster jewel drop with Graceful Execution, Brutal Infamy and Martial Prowess. Do you think there's points in the skill tree I can pass over to instead use them on that jewel?
"
Xierg wrote:
It is fair to say this build requires significant investment to be able to handle end game activities?

If I can only run a single character this league, I’m going to struggle with this one?

I began mapping up to tier 6 maps with 1 chaos or less per item slot (except maybe my 5L corrupt chest which is like 2 or 3 chaos) and I can tell you: it's a effing breeze.

I don't even have the recommended gem setup yet, nor that I capped my resistances.

And still, I have a confortable and very promising start of mapping.
nice build dude
Last edited by twiinkî on Sep 21, 2020, 8:25:47 AM
I don't get why we should use Berserk as a chieftain, I put ice golem instead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info