[3.2] Theorycrafted Penta-Totem Lightning Tendril/Arc Hierophant (2.4M Shaper DPS)

"
Xanthochroid wrote:
"
Milaan wrote:
Any update here? Saw, that the OP has changed to Dark Pact meanwhile? Is that build viable for 3.2 Endgame or should i rather go for DP also? I generally like the idea of ARC with Totems.

Was only temporarily running DP totems to farm some currency to upgrade this build, as DP totems do damage with literally like zero gear.

But yeah this build is definitely viable for ultra end game, and turned out being quite a bit stronger than I had even originally though. With all the right gear you should be easily burning through super high tier maps, and can definitely be viable for running guardians/shaper/elder stuff without too much of an issue.

Arc for clear is fantastic, just use Inc AOE for some better range, and then go Lightning Tendrils with Conc effect on bosses.

Don't see how Increased AoE will help with Arc clear speed.
"
VodkaBorschGG wrote:
"
Xanthochroid wrote:
"
Milaan wrote:
Any update here? Saw, that the OP has changed to Dark Pact meanwhile? Is that build viable for 3.2 Endgame or should i rather go for DP also? I generally like the idea of ARC with Totems.

Was only temporarily running DP totems to farm some currency to upgrade this build, as DP totems do damage with literally like zero gear.

But yeah this build is definitely viable for ultra end game, and turned out being quite a bit stronger than I had even originally though. With all the right gear you should be easily burning through super high tier maps, and can definitely be viable for running guardians/shaper/elder stuff without too much of an issue.

Arc for clear is fantastic, just use Inc AOE for some better range, and then go Lightning Tendrils with Conc effect on bosses.

Don't see how Increased AoE will help with Arc clear speed.

It increases the totems attack range.
"
Itches wrote:

It increases the totems attack range.

Huh. https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Increased_Area_of_Effect_Support. Didn't know that, thanks.

EDIT: Looks more like it increases Arc's range, so it's able to chain farther away. But according to wiki it doesn't affect the actual totem range, so the initial Arc cast shouldn't be affected by the gem.

EDIT2: "this gem will increase the radius of any AoE skills". Neither Arc or Spell totem has AoE tags so I'm still not 100% convinced that this works. Has anyone tested it?
Last edited by VodkaBorschGG on Mar 10, 2018, 8:00:02 AM
"
rrivenba wrote:
You mention using Increased AOE with Arc totems...does that actually affect Arc? I didn't think it did.

Arc's targeting radius (how far each chain can reach nearby targets)is indeed affected by AoE, however its damage can not be scaled on Area damage. The AoE will not increase the range at which the totems will cast, but it does help quite a bit in clear speed, and will allow more consistent off-screen chains.

It's one of a solid group of gems that can be affected in one way or another by supports, but do not actually have the requisite tag, Ball Lightning being another one.
Last edited by Xanthochroid on Mar 10, 2018, 10:30:52 PM
Seems I was ahead of the curve on this idea.
My boy Mathil showing what arc and tendie totems can really do.
Been looking for a hiero build to avoid the DP/GC meta, saw the Mathil vid and went looking to see if someone had something for it, glad to find your build. Gonna test this out because I love lightning spells and totem, wished Storm Burst was good enough to be used with totems, would be fun as hell. Kudos for the build
Mathils build is vastly different from this... Which one would just straight up end up with more dmg without any currency spent except for 2 x Shimmerons, Kikazaru's and a Soul Mantle?
"
LordDivine wrote:
Mathils build is vastly different from this... Which one would just straight up end up with more dmg without any currency spent except for 2 x Shimmerons, Kikazaru's and a Soul Mantle?

This one will do more damage, as it has a more efficient tree for damage.

Going non Soul Mantle will be more survivable though, as you can then run Essence Worm with Wrath which will allow more mana mitigation from MoM.
Last edited by Xanthochroid on Apr 8, 2018, 11:59:39 AM
Whats the estimated "feel good" map tier of this build with it's semi limited survivability? Usually go for more tanky builds, but the dmg of this seems rly damn nice.
Last edited by LordDivine on Apr 8, 2018, 8:17:38 PM
"
LordDivine wrote:
Whats the estimated "feel good" map tier of this build with it's semi limited survivability? Usually go for more tanky builds, but the dmg of this seems rly damn nice.

Due to how Arc chains and how totems target, honestly any tier should feel completely fine, even up to T16. Might be a bit awkward for those not used to the Totem playstyle, but it's rather tanky if you play smart and preplace totems and run around as your totems clean house. Most monsters will never even be able to get close to you, and your totems draw most of the aggro.

Even rather dangerous map mods like double beyond get absolutely demolished no problem due to how Arc works on the chains, and the sheer amount of damage we deal in such a large area.

We also usually maintain 3 Endurance charges, have MoM mitigation, and have a pretty damn big chunk of life regen at about 700/second.
Last edited by Xanthochroid on Apr 8, 2018, 9:42:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info