Quick-Logout feature?

Any "Quick logout" keybind planned?

I thinks it's lame that one has to use a third party program to macro a logout..

Since GGG has stated they are fine with logout macros ; I think it would only be fair to have an ingame option that's just as effective without sending users to third party programs that could potentially be used for much worst than just logging out.

I don't know why it isn't already in the keybind menu TBH.
Is it really hard to code something like that? eh

**I would normally be against logging out as a safe option but the fact GGG said they are fine with it changes everything... for the sake of fairplay this feature should be easily accessible for everyone, imo.
Last bumped on Feb 25, 2018, 5:04:36 PM
alt+f4

I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
alt+f4

I think alt-f4 leaves you lingering in the world a little bit compared to a quick "logout to character screen" Have not tested though.

Even then that's 2 keys compared to the one key macro users have :)
*Albeit i could macro this to one key with my keyboard but not everyone can.
The point is to have everyone on the same level whether they have a fancy keyboard or not.
Last edited by teksuoPOE on Feb 23, 2018, 12:48:27 PM
"
teksuoPOE wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:
alt+f4

The point is to have everyone on the same level whether they have a fancy keyboard or not.

so what we going to do about internet connections and potato's?
"
Tathanic wrote:
"
teksuoPOE wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:
alt+f4

so what we going to do about internet connections and potato's?

That's pretty dense my dude.

Maybe we should remove any form of fairplay rules in the olympics because...
What are we going to do about the different diets and the fact some countries have less budget than others?
"
teksuoPOE wrote:

All keyboards and all mice are macro capable. Just pick a key and bind it to the macro.
Going outside is highly overrated
-Anorak's Almanac. Chapter 17, Verse 32
"
Vresiberba wrote:
"
teksuoPOE wrote:

All keyboards and all mice are macro capable. Just pick a key and bind it to the macro.

That's true.
Anyone can use AHK.
But it's simply just too annoying, having to use several third party scripts to make a game function as it /should/ from the start.

They don't allow flask macros because that's several keys in the same macro, very much doable because you have 5 fingers... but logging out with one button near instantly, something that usually requires both hands, is allowed???

Then okay, ADD THE QUICK LOGOUT hotkey to base game, for fucks sake GGG.

Why can't they see how bad design this is?

Or hey, better yet. Add a 3 second logout timer, so people can't just cheat death like that. Solves the problem completely.
Last edited by h3h3sucks on Feb 23, 2018, 8:27:26 PM
Pretty sure we'll get it eventually. It makes too much sense. It's just a matter of when..
*crosses fingers*
It's been more than five years, people. If they wanted to put this in the game they would have. Putting in a "boss key" (which is what we called them back in the day when you had to suddenly stop playing games because the boss came in the room) removes their semi-plausibly deniability that they don't endorse logging out to avoid a quick death. They allow it. They know people do it. But they don't build it into their game. Gives them a tad more street cred.
"
teksuoPOE wrote:
Pretty sure we'll get it eventually. It makes too much sense. It's just a matter of when..
*crosses fingers*

No they won't, so if you need it better get AHK.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info