Quantity affecting sextant drop rate

Quantity increases sextant drop rate, sextants increase mobs and quantity, mobs and quantity increase sextant and map drop rate.

I don't want to fit all quantity gear into my build, or give in and run the best quantity build to try and maximize sextant drops, to maximize map drops.

I want to experience all the maps, but doing so wastes 30 or more sextants to remove maps to allow for decent shaped mapping.

Changes to consider.

Sextants drop like maps/unaffected by quantity(consider sextant mobs be unaffected by player quantity).

Reduce Cartographer's seal cost to 1 sextant or different currency. Removing maps already loses bonus, saving sextants to remove maps is a significant loss of progress.

Min maxing is a big part of the game and challenges the player to do everything more efficiently each league, min maxing to the point of never playing a map to avoid the cost of removing it feels terrible.

I would like to enjoy the maps, then consider what to min max.
Last bumped on Mar 28, 2018, 8:38:30 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
from my experience, the actual application of a certain currency increases it's drop rate.

never got more sextants to dop as when i started using them.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
IMO they should still drop as currency and be affected by iiq. but IMO they need to be much more common, similar to chance orbs due to the frequency players use them
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
"
Crazybambam wrote:
Quantity increases sextant drop rate, sextants increase mobs and quantity, mobs and quantity increase sextant and map drop rate.

quantity increases orbs drop rate, more orbs means you can buy more sextants, sextants increase mobs and quantity, mobs and quantity increase orb and map drop rate

your solution wouldn't solve a thing.
Players who use quantity and sextants would return fewer sextants, these players would then buy more sextants than currently, or just run the sextant that they find.

If mobs from sextants were unaffected by quantity from gear players who use there own sextants would feel that they are getting decent returns out of there sextants rather than feeling obligated to max quantity gear or just sell them.

Sextants should be rewarding and each player should be confident they are getting decent returns from their sextants.
I said it before, I'll say it again.

Make it so that quantity only applies to things that have rarity as well.

Game should be about finding loot, not finding currency to buy loot with.
bump
bump
You want too many things at once.

You want DPS gear -and- you want a lot of items -and- you want to run only your favorite maps -and- you want a high map drop bonus.

PoE is a game about choices. You can't have everything at once. By choosing to do one thing, you necessarily lose some other options.
Quantity significantly affects the mobs that are in the map by dropping more sextants, this returns more maps.

I find it to be a potential over site by GGG for quantity to affect sextant drop rate, as this significantly increases quantity, while quantity from gear is suppose to be less effective as you stack it, quantity giving more sextants means every bit of quantity gives more mobs on the map giving more drops affected by the increased quantity giving more sextant drops giving more mobs.

Quantity gives more quantity than it lists, 20% additive quantity is actually 30% quantity or more because it gives more sextants that give more mobs that give more maps.
Last edited by Crazybambam on Mar 28, 2018, 8:39:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info