[3.2] Assassin Crit WildStrike [Mini-Update 3/1]

UPDATE 3/1/18

I've now calculated the damage with pretty decent gear. Here is the draft:
https://pastebin.com/RN2ZhgHY

Thus far pushing between 600k DPS on Shaper with a wasps nest and bloodseeker :D . And nothing GG minus one of my rings.

Will be working on this for the next few days to get a better readout. But thus far it's looking juicy :D
OLD NEWS

Hello gents,

I almost never post... mainly because I like learning about the new builds from classes. I rarely pick the meta... but it may seem that Shadow can be pretttty damn meta this time around.

So a long while back I had a 2.5M dps Duelist Slayer WildStrike Crit build. Loved it, but it was glassy.

Now with this new ascendency config, I'm thinking I can revitalize him into a Shadow for Bestiary League.

So I'm looking for thoughts. Basically, the no reflect on crit is SUCH a juicy proposition, that it completely resolves anyone's woes with Wildstrike (ESPECIALLY MINE).

So thus far here's what I've thought:
1. Less crit passives necessary in general because only need to cap at 95%, can use Diamond flask for leveling

2. Use those extra nodes to push further into the life nodes and/or more jewels for more life

3. Life Leech - Bloodseeker? Jewels? This is where I'm stuck. Excellent life leech is a must-have for such high DPS.

4. Inmpulsa instead of Belly? Does this make sense if I run Herald of Thunder instead of Ash or Ice?

5. Lightpoacher for funsies?

6. Thoughts on gauntlets?

7. Claws, daggers, foils? (Used daggers in original build around v2.6ish)

I may be overthinking since we haven't seen what the passive tree may look like, or what they nerf. But one thing is probably for sure: They won't nerf Wildstrike, because it's simply not a meta. But the damage output is insane, and as mentioned the ONE thing holding it back was reflect; you simply got caught at every angle (physical and elemental ref).

Thanks all!
Last edited by phroztbyt3 on Mar 1, 2018, 8:31:27 PM
Last bumped on Apr 21, 2018, 7:07:02 PM
Seeing the changes, I was gonna try out a shadow as well, but I don't seem capable of being able to put together a viable setup in PoB. I've always wanted to do some sort of assassin with bleed/poison (maybe a wasp's nest?) with really high attack speed/evasion but isn't like...super squishy.

Your idea sounds really cool, I've never actually used wild strike before. If you do come up with something, please share, I'd be more than willing to test it out :)
"
Deekyfreak wrote:
Seeing the changes, I was gonna try out a shadow as well, but I don't seem capable of being able to put together a viable setup in PoB. I've always wanted to do some sort of assassin with bleed/poison (maybe a wasp's nest?) with really high attack speed/evasion but isn't like...super squishy.

Your idea sounds really cool, I've never actually used wild strike before. If you do come up with something, please share, I'd be more than willing to test it out :)

So the problem for me with bleed/poison builds with assassin was always upkeep. I had a blade flurry poison build when BF was meta. It was great. BUT... eventually I always went with better daggers, and then eventually stopped using bleed/poison altogether because I could get more consistent damage from just popping enemies. Bleed/Poison became kinda useless in that regard.

Now I'm not saying thats the case here. I think there can be some crazy builds developed with Wasps nest and so forth... I just think the problem is always the wait; and since they aren't usually ranged builds; it's hard to be consistent.

But yep, I'll definitely write something up IF I can put this together properly. Wildstrike has always been the underdog.... it's time for it to SHINE!
Last edited by phroztbyt3 on Feb 22, 2018, 12:32:06 AM
I played wildstrike in harbinger. As berserker while it still had the crazy leech and attack speed. The build (not mine) is here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1867849

Maybe you can grab and use some ideas from there?
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
Deekyfreak wrote:

Roger that. Will check in a bit :)
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
I played wildstrike in harbinger. As berserker while it still had the crazy leech and attack speed. The build (not mine) is here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1867849

Maybe you can grab and use some ideas from there?

So someone made a 3.1 version which is a bit more up to date. it taught me a few things about some gems, and the fact that ancestral call works SO frign well with WS.

So as long as ancestral call isn't nerfed into oblivion, ill be building around that.

I'm also going to test out point blank; I think it could be a pretty crazy addition.
I think Trickster will be more DPS and more Survivability
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
I think Trickster will be more DPS and more Survivability

Nope. Not even close. I'm putting up my pastebin shortly.
Will you re-write your build with gear recommendations and all?
I'm thinking about playing this build as my starter in bestiary.

edit: Didn't see that Pastebin link. thanks for the build, I'll try it as my league starter.
Last edited by 0cu87 on Mar 2, 2018, 4:48:22 AM
any videos? brand new to shadow and not sure what wildstrike looks like :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info