When will the performance issues in this game be fixed?

90% of the people I play with have this issue, talks about constant lag spikes, random fps drops, especially in late game mapping, and furthermore in maps and party play. 6 Party play is unplayable at the moment with 10-15 FPS that spikes EVEN WITH LOW SHADER SETTINGS OR DX9,

Yeah sure the graphics look great, but if it's going to fuck up the game to where people are having second thoughts about it what's the actual point? Implement good LOD's to effects and skills properly and make your game utilize full system potential.

Don't talk here about a solution, I've tried everything written here with little to no results. All it comes down to is this game being badly optimized.

It's just unreasonable at every level. The performance issues in this game has literally never been as bad as it is in 3.0-3.1 and I've been playing since prophecy league, as horribly optimized and as horribly undermined by the developers of this game.

What's the point in releasing new content when you visibly have no desire or interest in fixing the Frames issues that makes or breaks any game at face value? Lmao Does GGG honestly think that people will hang around forever when you literally get a headache from the stuttering and constant frame drops, which is even more cancerous late game?

Just FYI specs since some nerd probably will pretend or cry about something as if I have a bad computer or something which is clearly not the case, and again not the case with most of my friends. This game doesn't even utilize my CPU to it's full potential.

Ryzen 1600 4Ghz
AMD 390x
24GB OC RAM
SSD

Fix your multicore and system utilization, talk to AMD or Intel about it, It's clearly horrible so go and improve it so this game can be enjoyable again. POE is literally the ONLY game where this issue is prevalent. And ESPECIALLY with Ryzen, but prevalent almost everywhere. Actually even my old 2500K was more stable frame wise, which speaks volumes.

I read about these issues everywhere on this forum, with no comment from GGG. What are you actually going to do about this? Can we get an official comment if you will attempt to at least resolve this issue by optimizing your game? Will you try to actually look into this or will you keep ignoring it?
Last edited by Olympiacoz on Feb 17, 2018, 7:00:59 AM
Last bumped on Feb 24, 2018, 6:40:35 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I got myself a new MSI laptop, so i7 and GTX1060 GPU.

The CPU is mostly at 90%. The old Toshiba didn't have that issue, so i reckon it could be the threading.

I tried turning off the hyper-threading in the BIOS, but that seemed to make the whole computer not respond whilst the game was running (unable to tab out).

I tried testing it with affinity to reduce the number of CPU's it runs on, but that seemed to cause the game to crash more.

Engine multi-threading is an option, so I've turned that off. CPU has dropped to 46%. So i will persist with this.

If successful, my statement about the threading (above) will be proved to be accurate.

X
My graphics card is an AMD Radeon R9 M370X and I have awful fps spikes with PoE but no other game. I'm playing on a Macbook pro in Boot Camp, so yes performance is not optimized to my hardware (Intel i7 4-core 2.8 GHz processor and 16GB memory), but still PoE is an outlier in terms of bad performance.

I'm no expert on any of this, but the Googling I've done indicates PoE just has issues running with AMD graphics cards. I don't know how difficult a problem this is to solve, or at least improve upon, but I hope GGG prioritizes it in the future - there's got to be a sizeable percentage of the playerbase that uses AMD cards given that they're pretty mainstream and common.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
They said they were going to improve it... sometime...
When they sign a deal with another major platform holder that demands performance improvements.
Are you trying to say dynamic resolution wasn't a ground breaking change that solved all the problems?

How dare you sir.
"
Olympiacoz wrote:
90% of the people I play with have this issue, talks about constant lag spikes, random fps drops, especially in late game mapping, and furthermore in maps and party play. 6 Party play is unplayable at the moment with 10-15 FPS that spikes EVEN WITH LOW SHADER SETTINGS OR DX9,

Yeah sure the graphics look great, but if it's going to fuck up the game to where people are having second thoughts about it what's the actual point? Implement good LOD's to effects and skills properly and make your game utilize full system potential.

Don't talk here about a solution, I've tried everything written here with little to no results. All it comes down to is this game being badly optimized.

OK. You should totally uninstall PoE and play anything else at all. You are not going to get the results you want here, and so you should cut your losses. Spend your time on something fun instead.

"
Olympiacoz wrote:
I read about these issues everywhere on this forum, with no comment from GGG. What are you actually going to do about this? Can we get an official comment if you will attempt to at least resolve this issue by optimizing your game? Will you try to actually look into this or will you keep ignoring it?

There is no special "optimization" pixie dust, buddy. Really, honestly, there just isn't. Not in how many CPU cores can usefully be engaged, or how much single threaded performance matters compared to multiple cores, or the cost of cross-core IPC, or anything like that.

The reason that GGG don't comment about "the optimization" is because there is literally no "the" optimization for them to talk about. I have no idea why you get shitty performance, while I get a nice, stable 144FPS all over now. Neither do GGG, I'd venture, though they have more data than I do.

At the end of the day, though, optimization is an ongoing process of finding things that perform poorly, making them faster, and then repeating. Small steps, not one giant leap.

"
DrDraids wrote:
Are you trying to say dynamic resolution wasn't a ground breaking change that solved all the problems?

How dare you sir.

Works great for the single, specific problem it was working to solve. Sadly, plenty of fools out there imagine that GGG considered it a silver bullet, when that was really all in the heads of the players...
Last edited by SlippyCheeze on Feb 18, 2018, 11:31:29 PM
"
There is no special "optimization" pixie dust, buddy. Really, honestly, there just isn't. Not in how many CPU cores can usefully be engaged, or how much single threaded performance matters compared to multiple cores, or the cost of cross-core IPC, or anything like that

That's embarrasing.

[Removed by Support]

"
The reason that GGG don't comment about "the optimization" is because there is literally no "the" optimization for them to talk about. I have no idea why you get shitty performance, while I get a nice, stable 144FPS all over now. Neither do GGG, I'd venture, though they have more data than I do.

Lol Multicore is horribly optimized in comparison to other games, that's just a fact, no need to get flustered.

"
OK. You should totally uninstall PoE and play anything else at all. You are not going to get the results you want here, and so you should cut your losses. Spend your time on something fun instead.

[Removed by Support]

Why do you even feel the need to be apologetic just because you're some user that makes a claim that you have none of these fps issues as described? Plenty of people have these issues, and we would like them to be fixed. Besides, since you don't have any issues you shouldn't even be commenting.
[Removed by Support]

You probably haven't even been playing for long, this game would run okay on a shitty laptop back in the prophecy era, not that you would know that. [Removed by Support]

"

Dynamic res makes it so my entire screen blurs out. It was never a problem with my other CPU.

Last edited by Blank_GGG on Feb 22, 2018, 12:04:17 PM
I'm bemused you went to the trouble of removing my name from all the quotes, so I didn't get notified about your response?

"
Olympiacoz wrote:
"
There is no special "optimization" pixie dust, buddy. Really, honestly, there just isn't. Not in how many CPU cores can usefully be engaged, or how much single threaded performance matters compared to multiple cores, or the cost of cross-core IPC, or anything like that

That's embarrasing.
[Removed by Support]
Lol Multicore is horribly optimized in comparison to other games, that's just a fact, no need to get flustered.

One little question, though: how is "Multicore horribly optimized in comparison to other games"?

You say that it is "just a fact", so clearly you have, y'know, some evidence to back that up, right?

PS: I'm sorry I upset you so much that it triggered your cascade of petty insults. I know it can be upsetting to be told you are wrong, and that if you refuse all help fixing the problem you will never get a solution. I hope you are feeling better now.
"
One little question, though: how is "Multicore horribly optimized in comparison to other games"?

You say that it is "just a fact", so clearly you have, y'know, some evidence to back that up, right?

All you have to do is to look at real-time CPU utilization. Especially with newer AMD chips. My ancient 2500k had way higher and more stable FPS, other people have complained about this issue as well, notably a streamer who had to cancel his sponsorship deal with AMD because of how horribly this game interacts with multiple cores/their processors.

"
PS: I'm sorry I upset you so much that it triggered your cascade of petty insults. I know it can be upsetting to be told you are wrong, and that if you refuse all help fixing the problem you will never get a solution. I hope you are feeling better now.

That's rich, I'm not the one telling people to "uninstall the game" just because someone reports an issue and want to see a solution.

Hmm, whos's Triggered? Apparently you, since were the one who was triggered enough to report my comment. And Insulting? Perhaps for someone with a severe lack of self-confidence))
Last edited by Olympiacoz on Feb 23, 2018, 6:56:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info