[3.1] Build Help Request

Hello everyone, with the league coming to an end, I decided to completely undo my Ngahamu Cyclone Slayer into a Flicker/Heavy strike build that I have been homebrewing. I know that there are lots of changes to ascendancies, items, and potentially the tree but the the foundational idea will remain. Flicker for clear + map bosses - Heavystrike for end-game bosses.

Original inspiration was from my first character being Flicker, then stumbling upon The Unshaper https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1985677 build and How to Flicker Terminus Est https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1859077

Before getting into my questions and concerns, here is the link to my - Path of Building Pastebin Link https://pastebin.com/etwEmcyz

For those who can't access it: PoE Planner https://poeplanner.com/AAsAAPkACxQBAHmbLV85ivDEgrCrvqdlTb02R36E2amUh2qQbKknhO_awS5T02907QUteu9DMcMzWhphIRpViO2p-uHvTP9OKiPTbyePYJpqKjhbr5AKDY2Hdkp9_MXuDqOKI_ZNko19MHzUUsv1MbDcvecPdKAGohfcBiBRRz7PveY31O0_51Qk_f_eAdx346luwBpvO3gNtfI1kti9_gryRf6PNugB5xRN_Eu8nxiRpzCezdIh8kGCB9l8FHEbqhDw8lqBOsEH135jF_jr891oZeoYdqzPfq2N2WGFUusJOQ4Jlpd55FFQR-8Om1gx-_cykn09PuXPmG_cIwAAAAAA

---------

Goals for the build:

- 90%+ Hit Chance, 80%+ Effective Crit Chance (Terminus Est), 500%+ Crit Multiplier, 75/75/75 Resists, 6k+ Life, Lots of Life Leach (nodes+VP+Slayer)

Current Jewel setup:

- Terminus Est: Flicker - Increased Critical Strikes - Multi-strike - Ruthless - Melee Physical Damage - Brutality
- Starforge: Heavy Strike - Brutality - Melee Physical Damage - Ruthless - Damage on Full Life
- Ancestral Warchief: AW - Melee Physical Damage - Ruthless - Brutality - Concentrated Effect - Damage on full Life
- 4-Link: Immortal Call (Lvl 1) - CwDT (Lvl 3) - Increased Duration - Haste
- 4-Link: Leap Slam - Blood Rage - Blood Magic - Faster Attacks
- 2-Link: Assassin's Mark - Blasphemy

Problems:

- Currently I am dying in 2-3 shots to all of the Guardians. Currently playing around with Tombfist, and because of that my Fire Resistance dropped, but my defensive stats where: *75/75/75, 6k+ Life, 4.4k+ Armour.* I was able to do Hydra/Mino with my cyclone build and even charge for services, now it takes all of my portals to kill them. In the The Unshaper build, he was 2-3 shooting the guardians, my Heavy Strike does really awful damage and I don't know why. Same goes for Shaper/Red Eldar/Uber Atziri, which I was able to do all of them before, but now can't. I am assuming the majority of my problem is coming from Abyssus, but again the linked build uses it fine and just destroys bosses without even getting a chance to be hit back, subbing in a Starkonja with maximum life didn't really help either. It takes me dozens and dozens of Heavy Strikes to kill a boss.
- I am trying to understand what the difference is between my build, and The Unshaper, why am I not able to get huge damage hits. I run Weight of the Empire x2, 452% Crit Multiplier, and 43.19% Crit Chance unbuffed.
- In my Path of Building link, my "current" loadout is pretty far off my "ideal" loadout, mainly because of item availability this late in the league. There aren't many people on with the big ticket items I need, so I had to settle for considerably lower versions of what I would ideally want, but that doesn't excuse anything because as it stands now this build was extremely expensive to put together. Luckily my flicker works wonderfully on maps, I can clear t16 mobs no sweat, 8+ mods, full chiseled zana mod, you name it I can do it. Unfortunately I get crushed by any t12-13+ boss.

Questions:

- Thoughts on Alira vs. +2 Passives for this build. Resists are hard to come by because of the abundant usage of Unique items, the resist + Crit multi from Alira seems to be better than +2 passives, but I would like some thoughts on that.
- What is the ideal hit chance, 90% is moderately difficult to get, but I was wondering if I was investing too much into this stat.
- Ideal Crit Chance/Multiplier: Currently with my "Ideal" gearset I will have 91.65% effective crit on Terminus Est and 638% multiplier. 81.80% Effective crit on Heavy Strike, similar Multiplier. Is it worth dropping these some for more defensive stats?
- Question 4 leads into question 3, could I possible drop the Diamond Rings for a different base, perhaps Steel?
- Aura type, because of Starforge I can't really use elemental damage and that's why I went with Brutality on most of my links. That leaves my options for auras limited. Haste seemed to fit the bill the best, constantly up and the MS/AS is nice. Any thoughts on either dropping this for another active like perhaps a golem, or just a different regular aura or vaal aura?
- Assassin's mark is great for clearing, and has some form of Crit Multiplier on it for boss fights, but I was wondering if having a swap in Enfeeble for boss fights would be better. Would require me to get another ~30 int which could be possible from rings/ami's but wanted some thoughts on this. Better to stick with Assassin's Mark full time, or swap to Enfeeble for boss fights?
- Frenzy charges, I currently have 100% uptime on Frenzy with my high crit, Terminus Est and Blood Rage. I was considering dropping the 4 passives I was using into additional Frenzy charges for something else, potentially more max life, or the Acuity key node sub tree. Open to alternatives, or staying with the charges if deemed best choice.
- Lastly, thoughts on the "*Executioner*" / "*Wrecking* *Ball*" / "*Hematophagy*" sub-trees. I have plenty of options for build, I could drop any combination of the "*Blade* *Cunning*" / "*Razor's Edge*" / "*Brutal Blade*" sub-trees in pursuit of the previously listed.

Critique:

- I am also looking for any and all critique for the build, regarding itemization, gem/jewel/flask choices and talent points. I am hoping to work out all of the major problems of the build now, and then tweak as needed for the Bestiary Update.

Thanks!
Last bumped on Feb 17, 2018, 1:26:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info