[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

Hello, what do you think about ele weakness on hit shaper's touch? Worth it or not? Without ammy corruption will have to put 3 points for +1 curse
"
Vladikkk wrote:
Hello, what do you think about ele weakness on hit shaper's touch? Worth it or not? Without ammy corruption will have to put 3 points for +1 curse

For me, Elemental Weakness represent a 15-18% dps buff vs trash, ~8% dps buff vs standar boss, and 4.5% dps buff vs Shaper and Guardians. It's clearly an excellent corruption for clear speed.

Personnaly, I doubt it's necessary to spend 3 point to get Whisper of Doom. For general maping, EW would do a perfect job and should improve the gameplay. It's rarely necessary to use Witchfire Brew against trash, so the +1 curse should not be needed in maping.
VS end game boss, the fact we have only 2 flask use with Witchfire Brew imply we will have to do most of the fight without Despair buff. So the +1 curse would work in a very situational way.

Imho, I don't think the +1 curse worth the 3 skill points for reaching Whispering of Doom. And obviously I don't think it worth the +1 curse corruption on Presence of Chayula. If you get it, it's excellent, but you might prefer sell the amu and use the currency in order to buff your build instead of play it.

For corruption strategy on Shaper's Touch, I would like to point the fact that the new corruptions changes many things. The +1 lvl gems might not be the best corruption for us anymore, especialy while we can get a dual corruption with the Temple altar.

A +2 lvl aura would alow us to get some extra max resistance on any purity gems in Shaper's Touch. The +1 lvl gems was mostly used to lower the cost of the build in order to avoid the cost of a Enlighten 4 gem. Now, the +2 aura corruption alow us to get some extra max res. This will just imply having an Enlighten 4. It's a bit more expensive, but certainly better in term of pure stats.

i would say the most opti combination of dual corruptions might be : +1 lvl gem with +2 aura, or, +2 aura gems with EW lvl 10-12. And after this you have the +1 gems with EW.
If you only rely on vaaling, then it will depend on your stats. With max res under 81% you would be probably prefer some extra max resist, while with higher max res you might prefer the EW clear speed buff.
"
"
Vladikkk wrote:

For me, Elemental Weakness represent a 15-18% dps buff vs trash, ~8% dps buff vs standar boss, and 4.5% dps buff vs Shaper and Guardians. It's clearly an excellent corruption for clear speed.

Personnaly, I doubt it's necessary to spend 3 point to get Whisper of Doom. For general maping, EW would do a perfect job and should improve the gameplay. It's rarely necessary to use Witchfire Brew against trash, so the +1 curse should not be needed in maping.
VS end game boss, the fact we have only 2 flask use with Witchfire Brew imply we will have to do most of the fight without Despair buff. So the +1 curse would work in a very situational way.

Imho, I don't think the +1 curse worth the 3 skill points for reaching Whispering of Doom. And obviously I don't think it worth the +1 curse corruption on Presence of Chayula. If you get it, it's excellent, but you might prefer sell the amu and use the currency in order to buff your build instead of play it.

For corruption strategy on Shaper's Touch, I would like to point the fact that the new corruptions changes many things. The +1 lvl gems might not be the best corruption for us anymore, especialy while we can get a dual corruption with the Temple altar.

A +2 lvl aura would alow us to get some extra max resistance on any purity gems in Shaper's Touch. The +1 lvl gems was mostly used to lower the cost of the build in order to avoid the cost of a Enlighten 4 gem. Now, the +2 aura corruption alow us to get some extra max res. This will just imply having an Enlighten 4. It's a bit more expensive, but certainly better in term of pure stats.

i would say the most opti combination of dual corruptions might be : +1 lvl gem with +2 aura, or, +2 aura gems with EW lvl 10-12. And after this you have the +1 gems with EW.
If you only rely on vaaling, then it will depend on your stats. With max res under 81% you would be probably prefer some extra max resist, while with higher max res you might prefer the EW clear speed buff.

Thanks for complete answer!
Got gloves from shaper and vaaled them straight away, got EW on hit, so there was this question.
I don't think +1 and +2 aura worth it, bc +1 goes to lower price of build, so enlighten 4 is cheaper than +2/+1 combo :D +2/EW looks perfect.
How do you think, is witchfire brew worth using, having EW?
Can someone help me out with my build variant?i had to add 2 nodes of +30 dexterity by the way xD ...need for the 3 green gems :( i don't have any dex on rings :D lol.
i have 10,427 ES atm lol....
I use doon cuebiary but also nice ones are Doryani sceptre, Ephemeral edge duskblade with 50 % more ES ,idk how the heck i can get more armour than 28thousand,how do i reach more % ES and 50k armor?:( and yes i need to try get a watcher's eye :D
Last edited by thegamingkage on Jun 29, 2018, 10:26:56 PM
"
Can someone help me out with my build variant?i had to add 2 nodes of +30 dexterity by the way xD ...need for the 3 green gems :( i don't have any dex on rings :D lol.
I use doon cuebiary but also nice ones are Doryani sceptre, Ephemeral edge duskblade with 50 % more ES ,idk how the heck i can get more armour than 28thousand,how do i reach more % ES and 50k armor?:( and yes i need to try get a watcher's eye :D

It doesn't help that you did neither take the armor nodes near the Templar starting area, nor the ones near the Marauder starting area.

How exactly does increased energy shield recovery on the belt help against the degen? As far as I know ES doesn't recover while taking damage so only the regen applies while having RF up and so the recovery doesn't seem worth it for me. Since I guess op knows the mechanics better than me, can anyone enlighten me about how the recovery on belt works and why it's good?
Last edited by CruelMatatron on Jun 30, 2018, 11:44:13 AM
What is the main stat we want on a watchers eye
Domination IGN: RangerThrow
"
CruelMatatron wrote:
"

It doesn't help that you did neither take the armor nodes near the Templar starting area, nor the ones near the Marauder starting area.

How exactly does increased energy shield recovery on the belt help against the degen? As far as I know ES doesn't recover while taking damage so only the regen applies while having RF up and so the recovery doesn't seem worth it for me. Since I guess op knows the mechanics better than me, can anyone enlighten me about how the recovery on belt works and why it's good?

"Recharge" and "Recovery" are different things. "Recovery" is a broad term in PoE that encapsulates most forms of gaining life, mana, or ES.
"
CruelMatatron wrote:

In a very simple way, recovery rate works as a "more" buff while a regeneration rate works like an "increase" buff. The first is multiplicative while the second isn't.
Reste is only math.

"
kmaldona wrote:

In order of importance the best buff with aura :
1. Gain (12-18)% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity (the most powerfull and needed) ;
2. (20-30)% increased Energy Shield Recovery Rate while affected by Discipline (the second most important buff, and it's the most effective regen buff we can get) ;
3. (100-140) Life Regenerated per Second while affected by Vitality ;
4. Immune to Freeze while affected by Purity of Ice ;
5. Many other buff that can be usefull (here is more or less personnal preference) :
- Any dmg reduction under an aura we run ;
- Any immunity to a curse under any aura we run ;
- Any Elemental Statut Aliement reduction or immunity under any aura we run.

The secondary mods : ES ⩾ Mana > life.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Jun 30, 2018, 6:15:52 PM

"
kmaldona wrote:

In order of importance the best buff with aura :
1. Gain (12-18)% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity (the most powerfull and needed) ;
2. (20-30)% increased Energy Shield Recovery Rate while affected by Discipline (the second most important buff, and it's the most effective regen buff we can get) ;
3. (100-140) Life Regenerated per Second while affected by Vitality ;
4. Immune to Freeze while affected by Purity of Ice ;
5. Many other buff that can be usefull (here is more or less personnal preference) :
- Any dmg reduction under an aura we run ;
- Any immunity to a curse under any aura we run ;
- Any Elemental Statut Aliement reduction or immunity under any aura we run.

The secondary mods : ES ⩾ Mana > life.[/quote]

Can we do this without the first one? 40 exa on hc atm
Domination IGN: RangerThrow
"
kmaldona wrote:
Can we do this without the first one? 40 exa on hc atm

The build works even without Watcher's Eye. You will just miss ~20% ES/DPS.

Previous page I posted a pastebin of a cheap version that works perfectly even without any Watcher's Eye jewel.
/e : https://pastebin.com/tYTHbHpZ
You can improve the dps by switching some jewels with rare %ES/%Burn/%dmg mods.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Jun 30, 2018, 10:43:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info