[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

The new strength nodes are very close to our current tree (3 points). Depending on gear it very much could be worth grabbing them. I was just messing around in POB and it grants quite of ES and some mana. Just another thing to think about...

"
Cruxation wrote:
The new strength nodes are very close to our current tree (3 points). Depending on gear it very much could be worth grabbing them. I was just messing around in POB and it grants quite of ES and some mana. Just another thing to think about...

If you are talking about Utmost Might, it should be from 6 skill point of our path.
"
"
Cruxation wrote:

If you are talking about Utmost Might, it should be from 6 skill point of our path.

I am, and I meant three points away from the cluster.

"
Cruxation wrote:
I am, and I meant three points away from the cluster.

3 points away means that we have that +10 Str node which leads to Sword cluster and Shield cluster in south-west part of the tree. Pretty sure that current tree doesn't have it.
begging for leveling guide start level 1 until late game.
Ok,

so this is a pretty major pivot but I think it's worth it.

https://pastebin.com/wW2BTXL0

It's pretty rough still but just thought I would share to see what people think of this, I kept changes as minor as possible.

Comparison of 3.6 build

Energy shield: 19021
Armor: 53118
RF: 439k dps
Scorching ray: 748k dps
Net life regen: +6295
81% all resist

My version of armor focused 3.7 build

Energy shield: 18250
Armor: 95380
RF: 416k dps
Scorching ray: 591k dps
Net life regen: +3835
82% max fire
76% cold
77% light(cold/light uncapped atm)

Specials
+ 30% increased armor while stationary
+ 10% chance of endurance charge when hit
+ 2*15% Molten shell cd reduction
+ Iron reflexes

Auras
- Vitality, Purity of ice, Purity of fire
+ Malevolence, Grace (with Iron reflexes)

Now the plan is to add Molten Shell and spam it on cd, since it's instant it's pretty easy since it can be cast while channeling, moving ect.

"
Now creates a buff that can take damage equal to 20% of your armour.
Now causes 75% of damage from hits to be taken from the buff before your life or energy shield.
Now reflects 100% of damage taken from the buff as fire damage when the buff expires or is depleted at gem level 1, up to 1050% at gem level 20.
Now has a 4 second cooldown (from 1).

20% of armor is a 19,060 absorb every 2.8 seconds with cd reduction and to absorb the full buff it should only take 6,353 ES. The reflect is worth 68,071 dps if it's fully used.

Lose around 1k ES but gain 19k effective health, lose around 180k RF+scorch dps but gain at least 70k dps from molten shell, I haven't done the damage calc since POB doesn't have it but we have possibly a 4.3x fire damage and 2.7x "more" multiplier that I have no idea if they apply. Dropped a lot of life regen in the tree so net regen is 2.5k lower but 19k every 2.8 seconds is 6,807 ES/sec regen for a total of 10635 regen in my version, although the molten shell regen is only for hits.

You can get A LOT, A LOT more armor if it's worth it but I think you have to test the new molten shell to find out how much you want to invest in it. The best ES nodes are around 200-ish ES/point. Armor nodes are 2400 to 3700 armor/node. 20% absorb of 3700 armor is 740 effective health so that seems worth it.
IGN: @AxeLond_MoltenRF

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/hazelgnash
Nooby here so ignore my questions if Its just fucking dumb.

Would it be worth it to run Molten Shield with cast while channeling or would we lose to much dps from the loss of two support gems?
"
AxeLond wrote:

Now creates a buff that can take damage equal to 20% of your armour.
Now causes 75% of damage from hits to be taken from the buff before your life or energy shield.
Now reflects 100% of damage taken from the buff as fire damage when the buff expires or is depleted at gem level 1, up to 1050% at gem level 20.
Now has a 4 second cooldown (from 1).

GGG secretly changed molten shell a while ago.

The new skill gem reads that MS can only take up to a maximum of 10k damage taken before exploding, and reflects 3000% of that damage at level 20.

I was talking with another person about a Scolds Bridle, high armor, MS build. Which could spam attacks fast enough to hit a ridiculous amount of reflect damage. (mana -> damage taken per mana spent (Scolds) -> MS Absorb)

This kind of puts a limit on that shenanigans, but yeah anyway. Its probably not worth changing zzang's LL SR Guardian if you are using it defensively now like the build you are suggesting.

Feels like a massive drop in ES sustain and a minor drop in DPS to be able to implode every 3 seconds.
(⌐■_■)
"
Hugsforpeace wrote:

Would it be worth it to run Molten Shield with cast while channeling or would we lose to much dps from the loss of two support gems?

Not really worth it.

Molten Shell has a cooldown so there isn't a point in channeling it to keep it up all the time.

It'd only cast one time, every 4 seconds, no matter what you do.

Better to just press the button manually.

Edit: Well, to be more correct, Molten Shell can only be casted once every 7 or so seconds, because you have to wait for the first molten shell to expire before the cooldown starts.
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by RPGlitch on Jun 6, 2019, 3:19:38 PM
"
RPGlitch wrote:
"
Hugsforpeace wrote:

Not really worth it.

Molten Shell has a cooldown so there isn't a point in channeling it to keep it up all the time.

It'd only cast one time, every 4 seconds, no matter what you do.

Better to just press the button manually.

Awesome, that's what I expected to hear. Thanks for taking the time to confirm!

:D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info