[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

"
Cruxation wrote:
Stats:

Level 96 and 41%
14,735 ES
500k RF DPS
784K SR DPS
52k armour
82/81/82 resistances

If anyone can help me figure out which regen number is right let me know. PoB has a couple different numbers and so does the in game display so I'm not sure which is right.

A quick reminder that works with every build. When you check out your stats or the stats of a PoB link in a guide, the only buffs you should check marks are the buff you should have always up no matter what happen. Buffs you can't maintain permanently should not be considered in your PoB.

And you should only check mark what you are using in fight against each type of ennemis. And not all the buff you might have in a very specific situation.

I know it's satisfying to see how high the stats of the character we builded with so much effort can be. But if you want to understand how to upgrade this character, and if you want to have representatives stats you should think about what you are check marking.

So in short :
- Do not check mark flasks buff : Flasks are temporary buff, and won't be able to maintain their effects all the time unless you play a pathfinder (which is clearly not the case here) ;
- When you are playing your boss setup (Conc Effect) do not set your dps Trash mobs when you want to check out how much dps you can do. Set up at very least "Standard boss" of "Shaper/Guardian" in the option "Is the ennemi a boss ?". If you want to check your dps against trash, switch your setup for clear speed setup (Conc effect -> Inc AOE) ;
- Do not check mark situationnal buff like "Are you on Consecrated Ground ?" because this imply you have your Sulphur Flask up (or this imply you are playing an Inquisitor which is not the case here).

From what I see you have thoses stats :

VS Guardian (conc effect) :
- 224k RF normal dps -> 318k RF dps buffed with flasks
- 425k SR normal dps -> 502k SR dps buffed with flasks

VS Trash (inc aoe) :
- 224k RF normal dps -> 322k RF dps buffed with flasks
- 552k SR normal dps -> 783k SR dps buffed with flasks

- 14.612 ES
- 52k Armour
- 82/81/82 res
- +400 positive raw regen (this is the most important stat for regen because it's the lowest stats you will have in worst situation)
- +747 regen with boots enchant up (duration 4s)
- +1095 regen with ruby flask (duration 6.24s)
- +1443 regen on Consecrated ground (duration 6.36s)
- +1443 regen with boots enchant & ruby flask up
- +1790 regen with boots enchant + on consecrated ground
- +2486 regen with boots enchant + ruby flask + on consecrated ground up

To be honest, thoses stats are solides. But if you focus on very temporary stats that you cannot maintain more than 3-4 sec you trick yourself. And this can leads to some incomprehension if you have some problems and does not understand why other peoples succed to do some content while you are facing a wall.
Check mark correctly options in PoB is important in order to see which problems your build might have.
While I understand some buffs are temporary there are a couple of counter points I would like to offer:

1) The measuring stick for this build is what the OP lists as the end result. OP boasts 1.5 million DPS but I was no where close to that number so I checked OP’s PoB and I set mine up to reflect the exact same check boxes to see if I was building in the same manner. What my stats show is that I am in the right track and the only real difference are an extra jewel and a +1 shavs. However I agree that the DPS numbers will probably mislead many players looking at this build and not understanding what some of the major contributors are to the 1.5 million DPS claim.

2) I find that with this build I almost always have flasks up with the exception of some portions of shaper and the elder portal phase. Phoenix is another fight I sometimes struggle with. During general mapping and lower level boss killing I do not run out of flasks often. I think it’s fair to look at DPS with those flasks up if your efficient with them. Playing a pathfinder build in the past helps with maintaining flask uptime on other characters.

All that being said this character isn’t going to blow anyone away with the DPS but it is however an amazing character to do nearly all content with just due to how safe it is. I will start playing around with a clear speed tweak soon to grind EXP and try to continue spawning elders to try and get lucky on a watchers eye!

The fact is zzang just wrote a guide for his build. So he had to do a bit of dps showcase in order to get some views and looks credible for people who are looking for a meta build. So his point was to show the highest stats possible even if it's situationnal or even bullshit stats.

His 1.5 million dps is, in reality, more like 700k raw dps (and 900k under flasks). It's already extremly high, and enought to do most of end game content. But you know, a build that claim 4 million dps will get bunch of view, question, comment, etc. which means the build will have a realy high visibility, even if it's a 200% bullshit build. And you know you have to try many build in order to confirm if it's working or if it's more or less a bullshit build.

I don't blame zzang for this. It's quite normal to do things like this. But for people who want to understand the build, how to make it works, or how to buff their characters, you need to cut with all the bullshit and know what true stats the build can get.

To explain a bit. The 1.5 million dps of zzang is against trash, with Conc effect, EE & EO + full flask up. In practice, for general maping, you will not play RF with Conc Effect but with inc AOE. And you will mostly never use SR. You will not need EO and flask buff either for general maping. Monster already meelt without those buffs. So in reality zzang had something like 250k dps for general maping. And sometimes, you will probably need to use OoS in order to proc EO against some tanky rares or elite mobs, and probably use SR. But it's extremly situational.

Against boss and end game boss, you will have to check mark the option for boss or Shaper/guardian in the Config' sheet. And the your dps will fall. At the same time, most of T15+ boss are phased. So keep the flask buff the whole fight will be almost impossible against most end game boss. Unless you are playing a Pathfinder or an extremly specific mechanics, you can't check mark flasks because it's impossible to have the buff up the whole fight. And here, he will get something like 700k dps against guardian and shaper and something like 900k against normal boss. And with the flasks, the dps can go up to 1.1 million dps against general boss, and 900k against shaper and guardian for few seconds.

All those stats are far from what his PoB originaly show. But again, don't get me wrong, his stats are extremly high. But if you want a proper and realistic comparaison, you should not check mark every buff avaible for this build.
I understand PoB and I understand how flasks/procs/etc. effect DPS. All of this has nothing to do with the simple fact that when following a guide it is important to compare apples to apples to see if you're building it correctly. If I compare my "realistic" DPS to his "bullshit" DPS how is anyone supposed to gauge if you're getting close to the optimal stats?

So I feel you undermine your own point. If you want a realistic COMPARISON you must compare to exactly how he set up his PoB. Your argument is a fair analysis of why OP's stats and PoB are bullshit but people following the guide will have to gauge progress based on OP's decisions. Whether they are not realistic or not isn't the point.

Very solid explanation LAGROSSESIMONE, especially putting me on the right track regarding the belt.
Also good pickup regarding the jewel with fire damage. I'm afraid this game is just way too complicated for me that is why i rely so heavily on you guys, thanks again.
@Cruxtaion : I understand your point. And are right in a way.
Personnaly if I want ton compare, I load the PoB of zzang, and check mark the same option for him and for me and looks to the difference. zzang posted to pastebin for this build, it's not like we only have a screen of his stats in game. So this comparaison could be directly done by opening 2-3 PoB windows.
I don't say it's the best methode, but I would do like this in order to have a clear view between chars.
"
@Cruxtaion : I understand your point. And are right in a way.
Personnaly if I want ton compare, I load the PoB of zzang, and check mark the same option for him and for me and looks to the difference. zzang posted to pastebin for this build, it's not like we only have a screen of his stats in game. So this comparaison could be directly done by opening 2-3 PoB windows.
I don't say it's the best methode, but I would do like this in order to have a clear view between chars.

That makes sense. Even though the DPS numbers on paper are pretty terrible compared to most “Tier 1” builds, it feels really good to play. I actually died for the first time in quite awhile last night the T15 elder and I’m honestly not sure what happened. It felt like a one shot but I have a feeling the adds had me lower than I originally thought. I’m gonna be playing a MF build in flashback and going to farm hard for a GG watcher’s eye and attempt some double corruptions on memory vaults/prism guardians andmaybe shapers touch. Since jewels were so cheap in invasion I’ll keep my eye out for upgrades on those as well. Hopefully in a month I’ll have a decked out character if things go well.

"
Kagan290 wrote:
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Thank you very much DreadLordAvatar, sitting on just over 14k ES now. Obviously damage is down a bit but i would prefer to stay alive and more ES does that.

You need that bottle

WRONG, you coudln't possibly be more wrong, what is wrong with you spice girls???

ZEALOTH'S Oath we already have, what is the point in getting sorrow of the divine , WHEN you can get Overflowing Chalice ;) and still keep the bonus damage & regeneration

BTW anyone interested in buying my belt for 50 exalt? I am also giving for free bonus jewels to fit inside it

People,what do you think about this labyrint`s enchant?
5 Эмблем Сервис - 4 Divine Orb/Capped Loot!!!
Last edited by Kagan290 on Aug 2, 2018, 1:51:06 AM
"
Kagan290 wrote:

People,what do you think about this labyrint`s enchant?

It's quite simple. For this build there isn't so much usefull enchants. I would say there is 2 good enchants :
- 40% dmg for Scorching Ray ;
- 40% dmg for Righteous Fire.
And those two enchant are overpowered by the +30-40% inc burning dmg corruption because it will be a global buff. Even if the buff is lower than the enchant buff, it will buff both RF and SR.

If there is a way to get an extra aura, like by lowering the mana reservation cost of one, maybe we can find some usefull enchant on the ground of mana reservation for the played aura. But I'm not realy optimistic here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info