[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

Seem to be missing around 2k E.S.
Any help please?
Char is doneone - thanks.
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Seem to be missing around 2k E.S.
Any help please?
Char is doneone - thanks.

You don't have the correct Watcher's Eye mod which gives 18% of mana as energy shield. If I take mine off I lose over 2k ES. Additionally, your abyss jewel has added fire to spells. This will mess up your EE procs from orb of storms.

"
Cruxation wrote:
Just thought I'd thank you zzang for posting this build. I am loving it so far. I didn't think I'd like the play style but its so tanky that I can safely do content I haven't before. I've played casually since open beta and beat shaper for the first time last week using this build. I've done about 6 runs now and haven't died or even ported to town yet. I knew the mechanics well so it worked out. I do have one complaint though. The DPS sees quite a large increase from a +1 shavs. I believe that is the most unrealistic piece of gear in the entire build which I understand is min-maxed but for being touted as legacy free/mirror worthy gear free. That piece seems like its in the category to me.

I'll post my gear and some stats as this point but I am hopeful that with the last two jewels and skill points I'll be (near the advertised level of ES and DPS (less the +1 shavs).

Level 93
14,376 ES
51,375 armour
82/80/81 resistances
727k SR DPS
443k RF DPS

Once I last jewels and mana nodes. I'll have better DPS and almost 15k ES.

Spoiler

If I may give you a little review on your character ...

You should remove the % armour master craft on your Opal ring and master craft flat cold or light dmg. This should alow you to proc EE while shield charging, so this should represent a major buff for your clear speed.
You should change few jewels (Sol Solce isn't realy good imo), while 2 are extremly good.

Otherwise, your stuff is generaly extremly correct. Some items are realy good. You may have some better roll on few items, but at the same time, but it's more for min-maxing your stuff than anything.

But at the same time, I would say your tree does not fit your stuff. You chose a path that mix zzang 2 tree. But you didn't took in consideration the difference in stuff, specificaly on the ground of the watcher's eye. And right now you are missing a lot of regen. And this is the major weakness in your character. Only 94 raw positive regen. It's realy low.

It's more or less a personnal point of view but from my experience, after building 3 RF with this build I came to the conclusion that zzang tree isn't relevant for player who don't have at least a regen buff affixe on their Watcher's Eye in addition to the Clarity one.
That's why I would highly suggest to anyone who does not have those type of Watcher's Eye to drop some ES nodes in tree and go for aura buff nodes. Like this we sacrify something like 1-2k ES for something like 600 extra flat regen, 2 extra max res.

For the dps, in the same way, you reached a point where any upgrade will be extremly expensive.
I would highly suggest you to do the Flashback race in order to get the gg corruption for your RF. Like this you may get a Shavronne +1 for a reasonnable price, and other corrupted item (Memory Vault, Shaper's Touch, etc.).

Incursion league or Flashback race event are the best moment in order to get some extremly powerfull corruption for cheap.
For example, I get myself those 2 items :

The gloves should cost between 2 and 10 ex, depending the seller (I got them for 20c lol).
The armor 6 linked cost me 20ex which is a relative faire price.
I'm still looking for the Memory Vault, and a better dual corruption Shavronne.

And at the same time, watcher's eye with the clarity buff and a regen buff on vitality or discipline, can be found for 20-40 ex. It's expensive, but way less expensive than in std.
You should look for this imo.

At the moment you hit some high end watcher's eye with a regen affixe in addition to the clarity buff, then zzang's tree will be relevant. Before, you better go for a tree that provide less ES, but more extra res and more regen.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Jul 23, 2018, 11:24:25 AM
Thanks for the feedback LAGROSSESIMONE. Certainly I’ll have to agree with you completely on dropping %armour on the opal for flat ele. I’ll get that changed tonight to improve clear speed. Secondly, I’ll have to take a look at the tree you are talking about to get a feel in PoB as to how much ES I would lose to gain the 600 regen. The only fight I feel uncomfortable right now is Pheonix and it generally is because I don’t regen very much so it may very well be worth it. I’ve never fought red elder or Uber elder or Uber atziri so I probably don’t know what I’m in for.

Talking about gearing I really wanted to play incursion but life got in the way and I missed the whole first week and got discouraged but it seems like a great opportunity to get better gear and corruptions. In a ludicrous spree of luck (and I mean for the entire time I’ve played this game for years I’ve never been this lucky), I bought a +2 the aoe gem shapers touch. Then I decided to corrupt mine cause.. well, why not? I actually got +2 to aoe gems and I now have two pairs. Afterward I thought I’d buy the level 21 purities I didn’t have but since I was doing that I corrupted mine... I hit level 21 on BOTH. I’m 28 years old and was shaking in excitement. I just logged off because I figured my computer was about to explode to balance my fortune. At this point I consider my upgrade path to be jewels and a corrupted memory vault.

Reguarding jewels... they are EXPENSIVE in standard. Everything from the watcher’s eyes to rare RF jewels. I may play the flashback race or play incursion on a cheap mapping character just to buy them there and dump to standard after the league ends. I just have never had fun playing leagues after everyone else started but maybe I’ll give it a go with a fast mapping character to farm for this stuff. It just seems to unintuitive to farm for one character on another!

Incursion league is at the same time, extremly cool and extremly fustrating for this build.
Extremly fustrating because RF mecanics lake of clear speed which make Incusrions extremly hard for us to fully clean them. And one of the most interesting room (Locus Corruption) imply having a -10% max res on the Temple, which fuck up the bigest part of our regen, and so, of the build mecanics. It's still doable, but only for people who realy optimized their tree and have extremly balanced stuff.
So this push a little bit out of the meta builds like this.

The good point is, because for many player LL RF buids does not looks like meta build anymore, the price on RF items are extremly low in comparaison to previous league.
For example, the Clarity Watcher's Eye this league cost only 4-6ex while last league it was more like 12-15ex, and like 25-35ex in Abyss (in std it was more or less like 50ex).
Ok jewels cost like 25-40c, etc. And that's why Shavronne +1 6L can be found around 20-25ex while in std it's more like 45-50ex (it was more around 85ex in std while Abyss or Bestiary was running) and 80-110+ ex for a legacy +1 version.

So if you can, run Flashback temporary league. And if you want to force juicy corruption, do Quarry run (do the incursion in 1 T7 map, then run the rest of your incursion in Quarry = a temple lvl 68 that can drop all vial, and you may have a temple up every 15min).
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Jul 23, 2018, 11:25:30 AM
"
Incursion league is at the same time, extremly cool and extremly fustrating for this build.
Extremly fustrating because RF mecanics lake of clear speed which make Incusrions extremly hard for us to fully clean them. And one of the most interesting room (Locus Corruption) imply having a -10% max res on the Temple, which fuck up the bigest part of our regen, and so, of the build mecanics. It's still doable, but only for people who realy optimized their tree and have extremly balanced stuff.
So this push a little bit out of the meta builds like this.

The good point is, because for many player LL RF buids does not looks like meta build anymore, the price on RF items are extremly low in comparaison to previous league.
For example, the Clarity Watcher's Eye this league cost only 4-6ex while last league it was more like 12-15ex, and like 25-35ex in Abyss (in std it was more or less like 50ex).
Ok jewels cost like 25-40c, etc. And that's why Shavronne +1 6L can be found around 20-25ex while in std it's more like 45-50ex (it was more around 85ex in std while Abyss or Bestiary was running) and 80-110+ ex for a legacy +1 version.

So if you can, run Flashback temporary league. And if you want to force juicy corruption, do Quarry run (do the incursion in 1 T7 map, then run the rest of your incursion in Quarry = a temple lvl 68 that can drop all vial, and you may have a temple up every 15min).

I just read about the Flashback Incursion league. I will definitely be playing this. It may well be the last league I'll be able to play a lot of with a kid on the way. It lands on a great weekend for me so that's nice. Hopefully, I can invest into some great jewels for my RF character. I will have to read up on Incursion to understand the mechanics. Any advice on inexpensive, OP clear speed builds?

I think I have the gloves covered (below) but the life regen corruption on a memory vault seems worthwhile to go for first.

Can anyone help me?i cant seem to get more than 12-13 k ES :(
"
thegamingkage wrote:

12-13k ES is a fairly good amount of ES. If you want to get more ES, this imply few things :
- Geting more lvl. Every LL RF build with more than 14-15k ES got this ES with a lvl 95-100 character ;
- You cannot get over 13k ES without min-maxed stuff or legacy stuff, so this imply some extremly expensive stuff ;
- You have to do some choices/sacrifices in your tree. And you tree should be builded around your level of stuff. With 300 chaos budget, you can't play the same tree than peoples with 20ex of stuff, and the tree will be different for people who have some mirror tier sutff.
It's up to you to find which node provide the best upgrade with your stuff. So you have to use PoB and theory craft. We can't do this for everyone. We can gives you few generics advices, but don't rely too much on the advice of a guy that just checked your build in 5 min if you theory crafted your character for weeks. Some tree provide more ES and less regen, some provide more dps, etc. If your stuff gives you a great level of regen, you may drop some in your tree for more ES or dmg. But it your stuff does not provide you enought regen you probably should drop some ES node in order to reach a confortable level of regen.

Personnaly, and in a more accurate review, imho, your rares items should be upgraded or rerrolled.
Your rings are ok ring for a budget build. But in your situation they are not "ok ring", they are just trash. You belt is a 50+ex belt. Imoh there is an obvious problem in mixing 10c rare ring with ok but poor roll when you have a 50+ex belt. There is a realy questionnable balance in your budget.

You reached the point where your rings should have, as a base : 40+ str ; 40+ int ; 40+ ES or 60+ Mana ; flat elem dmg to attacks or 45+dex, and space to master craft one of the missing stats listed here.
Your belt cannot stay with those rolls. You have to reroll it in order to get descent stats on it. Aim for, at least : 30+ str / 30+ intel / 18+ ES recovery rate / 1 free suffixe for master craft the cold res.
You can also try to get an anti bleed corruption on one of your ring in order to remove Death Door and play some pure ES boots.

Rest is only min-maxing your stuff and geting extra levels (12-12k ES at lvl 91 is realy good tbh, if you have doubt on it, just check out the PoB of my Incursion RF. I don't think we can say I'm understuffed, and I'm still at 13k ES pob : https://pastebin.com/hBJ4LTbv ).
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Jul 25, 2018, 11:00:43 AM
"
thegamingkage wrote:

I've corrupted a lot of memory vaults and prism guardians. no luck yet on those corruptions... I could really used the helm too.

I agree though the rings are hurting your ES right now although yours isn't bad. strength roll on the boots is very low too. It's just little stuff but it makes a big difference.

Last edited by Cruxation on Jul 24, 2018, 9:47:29 PM
Hey guys,

I'm planning to return to std pretty soon to remake my LL RF, and wanted to mention some stuff to help you guys out:

1) there are temple-only mods that can offer insane value for your char, that might never be available again:

Yes this watchers eye was insane price (74ex) but in std these are 250ex.

The rings with a big es roll combined with a % max es roll can be extremely strong, and I linked the presence of chayula as well because it scales perfectly with shapers touch.

Lastly you can get "immune to corrupted blood," now on corruptions for jewels (WTF??) which is incredibly strong for this char. This healthy mind one was only 10C!!!

These double corrupts might not be around any longer after Incursion, so I'd encourage you guys to go snag some if you can!

I am planning on reworking this a bit to use a legacy saffel's frame for better regen / block / overall ele mitigation, will keep you guys posted if it goes well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info