[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

"

I don't think this is the best example. The fact you do not degen so much your ass is due to 2 things :
- Your max fire res (there is nothing to say while you choosed a specific tree (I personnaly played an extremly similar tree for 2 leagues and I would definitly suggest to follow the same path)) ;
- Your regen which is clearly out of range for many players. You are playing a 50+ex Watcher's Eye that help a lot when you are under a -10% max res.

It's possible to have an extremly low degen with -10 max res, but we have to be clear, it's more or less situational. In my case, I have an extremly low degen (>100hp/sec degen) only when the regen enchant on boots is up. So in the 4sec following any hit. Otherwise I will have like -340 degen on the ass. And I don't think we can say I'm poorly stuffed.

Honestly, you did a great job with your character, but at the same time we have to be clear and honnest. If you can sustain so easily a -10% max res with your RF up, it's mostly because you have an extremly high lvl of stuff (over 200ex of stuff from what I see in your profil). It's clearly not an example that can be applied to everyone.

I can agree with all your points.
The question was tho to do a -max map :P.
But for people that don't have my amount of gear there are some "cheap" ways to get more regen. Most people that post here don't have all the regen specced that they can or focus an imo. outdated skilltree.
Also the watcher's eye for recovery rate is very cheap if you buy it standalone. Not great to swap watcher's eyes but it certainly will improve -max temple or maps for 50c or so investment.
Otherwise there is a %max regen corruption available on helmet wich can help but it's also not for the small pocket.
But yes overall with less gear flask management needs to be on point and you might need to refill your flasks a few times but it certainly is doable (but annoying).
Thanks both of you (esp LAGROSSESIMONE for the thorough breakdown of the details ). As a matter of fact I was commenting on the original build/post about the hardship in Temples with corrupt.
The PiMped version of maus3rn is no doubt something else.
Hi, Any recommendations for the leveling process? unique items, skill gems, links? At what level should I be able to start using RF?
"
Hi, Any recommendations for the leveling process? unique items, skill gems, links? At what level should I be able to start using RF?

I personally did not level as RF or SR. You can basicaly do whatever you want if you have some regrets. For example some random ass Poet's Pen shenanigans or whatever you feel comfortable playing.

I did a full swap to LL/RF/SR at level 72 , that way we can use PoF 21 and all the other gear and be basicaly set for a long time.
@maus3r : I agree with you on mostly everything except 1-2 points :
- The tree is not realy "outdated". It is still an excellent tree, but only if you have the level of stuff of zzang which is clearly out of the range of 95% of people. For a more reasonnable budget, it's imo by far surpassed by other tree. The tree is the part of this build every player should custom on his own on the base of his own stuff. For some peoples, your tree would be a diaster, because they are to far from your level of stuff. For some, my tree would be a diaster for the same reason. That's the main reason we see so many people come here struggling with the regen and don't understanding why they can't make the build works like zzang did.
A quick comparaison with your build showed me that I have almost the same positive regen even without the ES recovery rate on Discipline affixe on my Watcher's Eye. Rest of stats can't be compared for obvious reason (you are lvl 98 while I'm only 93, you have some extremly gg items like your Shavronne +1, your Watcher's Eye, etc.). And because of this single difference, we took different path in the tree (I had to take all the node at the south of Arsonist in order to have more armour, max fire res and regen) while your watcher's eye alow you to skip all thoses nodes.
- Chosing a Watcher's Eye with ES recovery rate with Discipline instead of the Mana converted in ES with Clarity version is, imo a real waste. Previous season the Mana conversion in ES version was extremly expensive, and so, most people had to skip it and chose an more cheaper version. But this league it only cost 5ex. It's afordable for most people. Imo it would be a real waste to skip this buff when we can assume it will gives you a ~20% ES and RF dmg buff.

Imo, the most relevant way to prove playing -10% max res mods is to show with a PoB link and do a bit of Math. For example : https://pastebin.com/puCxEtqW
We have -315 raw (negative) regen with the -10% max res. With Time of Need ascendency we regen 30% of our ES every 5sec. On this PoB simulation we have 13kES. So every 5 sec we regen 3.9k ES. The -315 raw regen would drain 1575 life in 5 sec while Time of Need will regen 3900 life. So basicaly we would be able to sustain the -10% max mods. And this is the raw situation, without any buff of any sort.
If we consider we are in fight and being hit, we have to check mark the boots enchant. With the boots enchant we would have a -2.2 (negative) regen. so basicaly we would be able to stop the degen of RF.
Considering we will not use any flask unless we are in fight (so being hit every 4 sec) we should not consider flask buff without this boots enchant buff. Then with a ruby flask up we have +620.5 positive regen. In Consecrated Ground from Sulfure flask (but no Ruby flask up) we have +937.8 positive regen. With a Ruby flask up and being in Consecrated Ground we have 1560.6 positive regen.
This should prove that the -10% max is doable. It's anoying because it fuck up our regen, but it's clearly doable.

"
poebass wrote:
Thanks both of you (esp LAGROSSESIMONE for the thorough breakdown of the details ). As a matter of fact I was commenting on the original build/post about the hardship in Temples with corrupt.
The PiMped version of maus3rn is no doubt something else.

His character is without a doubt as solid as the maping version zzang posted. Even better in my eyes. But in a way to giving advice to other people and show how to deal with some shity situation, we have to consider a more generic and afordable level of stuff in order to match with a level of stuff that most player should be able to reach.

"

There is many way to level this character :
- Leveling as a RF/SR life based, and switch to LL around lvl 68-72. You can find some video guide on youtube right here : https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=poe+righteous+fire+leveling+guide
- Leveling as a Molten Strike Templar ;
- Leveling as a Poet's Pen build
- etc.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Jul 6, 2018, 7:25:14 AM
I have a question: I am playing ahfack version of ll rf sr, i've completed everything including uber elder with my gear. I am now wondering if this version with bis league gear would be better. Anyone know how those 2 builds compare to eachother, how's survi, how's dmg of rf and sr.
Uber elder was really hard, took me 3 tries to defeat him with 0 portals left. (uber atziri deathless consistently for comparison).
I am posting my current gear for comparison: lvl94 / 10.7k es. Watcher's eye "es recovery rate"

Investing in more es with my current gear would require some serious amount of currency and most i could reach i think is around 12k w/o std legacy mirrored gear. Respeccing into this build would be cheaper, but will it be more tanky with more dmg?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Hey guys, thanks so much for all the support. I appreciate the helpful posts LAGROSSESIMONE thanks a lot for that. Im still not playing path at the moment (no installed) but i kept reading the thread. And i think its important to mention that the build should function as a blue print for people to make it for themselves with their gear situation. If im not mistaken i tried to give this advice in one of my FAQ points.

This is the tree i played last before i started my break:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUDAAYOBx4I9An2C2EMXw18DkgRDxEtES8RUBGWEmkVUBccFy8YVhkuGj4bJRynHNwdFCSwJognqSftKPopLipTKwosnDW5Olg7DTwtQYdDyElPSVFLrk5STwRTpVXGVkhXDVfJW6Bca1yKXfJfKl8_YpVoZWh0aPJqQ20ZcXl0VXvXfA58S3yDfLh-bH_GgKSA4ILHg1-DzIPbhEiFMo8aj0aSK5MnlS6WdJctmK2bMJuhoS-lGKcIpyunVayYrY2vbLJwtAy3MLc-uJO8qrzqvorDbcT2xq7K089-1HzXatgk2VvZYdpi4vfoWukC6rrr7u_r8NXxrPOb98H31_no-tL9AA==

If i remember correctly it was 50k armour and 15xx net regen with 16k ES instead of 17k. I opted for a bit more regen and it felt like a good trade off.

I dont think there is a "perfect" tree except playing path of building. The rest really depends on the owned items - make it fit for you.
Not liking my recovery at the moment. It is slow to start and slow to fill up. Anyone have any suggestions? I am only level 83 so it might fix itself but if there is anything I missed on the tree that is important please let me know. Thanks
Domination IGN: RangerThrow
"
VaniSect wrote:
"

I personally did not level as RF or SR. You can basicaly do whatever you want if you have some regrets. For example some random ass Poet's Pen shenanigans or whatever you feel comfortable playing.

I did a full swap to LL/RF/SR at level 72 , that way we can use PoF 21 and all the other gear and be basicaly set for a long time.

Finally I am level 72, I have all the equipment ready for the swap, except for Watcher's Eye (I have one but only with life regen affected by vitality) I'm trying to get another one like the one you use but it will take me some time x) I have doubts about how I should see my skillpoint tree. Any recommendation?
"
Finally I am level 72, I have all the equipment ready for the swap, except for Watcher's Eye (I have one but only with life regen affected by vitality) I'm trying to get another one like the one you use but it will take me some time x) I have doubts about how I should see my skillpoint tree. Any recommendation?

Just like we said perviously with zzang, the tree should be based on the stuff.
Link us your stuff or a PoB link to your character or your previsionnal character based on the stuff you get and we could help you to chose an optimised path in skill tree.

I would like to add, the better way to be helped is to give us a pastebin link to your character. Without this, it's a bit annoying because we have to importe your char manualy in PoB in order to help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info