Abyss Content Integration

"
Astealoth wrote:
I think you should do away with lich-less depths completely. The pointless depths with no boss at the end were the biggest thing that made the mechanic boring and frustrating. The depths should be rarer, and when you see one you should know you found a boss. Going down in that depths and finding nothing over and over and over sucked the life out of this league for me to the point where it's the first league I gave up on. I played harbinger to the last day and before abyss it was my least favorite. Abyss is a good mechanic that had disappointing implementation.

Lol? All you had to do, is listen to the music... Depths with liches had different music. I thought everyone knew that :p

Cool with the integration i guess btw, though i thought it wasn't gonna get added cos it's kind of annoying and powercreepy-ish...

Also interesting how these ppl with like 10 challenegs at month three of the league, whine about not encounterng a lich... like man if you have 10 challenges by the end of the league, you haven't played the game at all... so ofc you haven't encountered a lich. I didn't play this league much at all either, just saying.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Feb 7, 2018, 8:13:33 AM
Awesome news! <3
I'm glad to see it integrated, mainly because the items allow for a lot more builds. Sure there's power creep but there is also more variety possible too. I've wanted to play a successful endgame Brightbeak character for a while now and it's finally possible through the jewels. Or a wander juggernaut.

Second reason I'm glad to see it almost fully integrated is because I didn't get much of a chance to play the league this time so I wasn't able to accrue many items just in case they were tossed.
Oh god, why?

WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?

this was my first league, so yeah, I did have fun. I HATED the fact, that a leather belt with 130 life and three tier2 resistances was basically worthless by week 3. Why would you even have other belts in the game, if you can just buy a Stygian? What's even the point? You're making them a bit (ok, I guess a LOT) less common, but it doesn't fucking matter. NOBODY will buy a Leather belt for more than 30 Chaos or so, if they can get a similar stygian belt for an ex or two. You've destroyed an entire item class for endgame. Why would you do this?

I also don't think that abysses were in any shape, way or form exciting. Yeah, they did drop a bunch of jewels and it wass kinda exciting to id them, I guess. I have friends who also started this league, und who actually SKIPPED abysses in every lowish and midtier map they did (I did not allow the skipping of abysses in red maps, when we played together^^).

I've killed 32 liches and I have yet to find an item worth more than 1 chaos. The fights are tedious and long, and they never drop anything of value. Fighting Liches should be exciting. It feels like a waste of time...

How is that cool? How is that fun?

I was starting to really get tired of this all, and trying to hype myself up for the next league. Now all that excitement just vanished. Now I'll keep piling up Crystal Belts that nobody wants, because now they will NEVER be worth anything ever again. I think having different kinds of belt bases was actually what I was most looking forward to, and now it will never be available ever again. Thanks.
New content YAY
To clarify, i have no problem with grinds. They are fun and, if done right, quite addictive (which is one of the reasons to play a game like this). But its just too much RNG with the lichs etc. (Plus, letting us know 4 weeks before the league ends that theres a problem with Lichspawning is a bit late imo but w/e)
Just make it a bit less rng dependent. Its just too frustrating to play week afer week and not get any further with the challenges. And its ok if they are "challenging", thats the entire point. Just a bit more reliable to actually achieve.
I really like the idea of fewer Depths but a lich in every one for instance.
Good we dont have to play Abyss - we have choice.

While its entertaining from time to time to open abyss, mobs appearing is rather slow and not worth waiting to finish it during leveling, unless its on highest tier maps due loot.

Abyss brings a bit more color to game, but if not played, player miss nothing special as a bit more stats has very very low impact on builds.

For me Breach and Harbinger are top.
Last edited by Rexeos on Feb 7, 2018, 8:42:07 AM
Regards 10% chance - does it mean that now we have 5% chance to find Breach and 5% Abyss?

Respectively we have 10% chance to open league content and if we have than its 50% for Abyss and 50% for Breach?

I hope its not truth, Abyss is far from to be good enough to be on pair with Breach.
Last edited by Rexeos on Feb 7, 2018, 8:40:00 AM
"
Rexeos wrote:
Regards 10% chance - does it mean that now we have 5% chance to find Breach and 5% Abyss?

Respectively we have 10% chance to open league content and if we have than its 50% for Abyss and 50% for Breach?

I hope its not truth, Abyss is far from to be good enough to be on pair with Breach.

Yeah i didn't quite understand that part either. I'd take a breach over an abyss any time...
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Simply halving the bonus jewels give in stygian vises would work better to bring them in line with other belts IMO
IGN: HarroHarbinger

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info