Preview of Experimental Graphics Improvements

Amazing stuff... particularly the second effect!
Love the rain drops.

And the fading out of obscuring environment elements is a great idea! But the execution is not so great. People have mentioned it looks strange and affects immersion... and I agree.

Keeping some visibility of the element there would help this I think. Completely fading it out is too much.

If this was Photoshop, I would suggest setting the opacity of the faded area to about 10%, increasing to 100% towards the circles circumference (which could be increased IMO).
--------------- THE MOOCH --------------
Last edited by Damoochie on Feb 6, 2018, 1:21:26 AM
didn't think that you can make the water even more amazing but you just showed me.

the transparency around your char looks weird and unnatural, maybe i'm just used to the current implementation.
sure it's a disadvantage of not seeing your char sometimes but that disadvantage is for everybody. but if transparency is intrdoduced, it's only bad for those switching it off for immersion keeping reasons.
I hope will be optional by graphic menu. If not , i hope it will come with some serious performance improvements
rain and water is nice but that tree hiding ruins realistic impression, dont do it or make it switchable...
dont really like the tree thingy...
just not immersive
i do like the water and rain tho!
In GGG we trust.
The tree thing is U G L Y

It looks more like an issue than a fix.

"At the moment we have no explicit plans to introduce these to the game..." - I got it, won't read further text. Wake me when it's will be in patch. These are just useless words now.
Finally ..they have removed that retarded fog...
awesome ! especially the 'no trees in my face' stuff
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info