3.2 - Hungry Loop Decay Death Aura build - Great Uber Lab runner - T16 Maps/Guardians

I have despair and temp chains active w/ blasphemy and it reserves too much mana to also have enfeeble active. Am I missing something?
Edit: NVM, dumb me, I need a different Impresence.
Last edited by briant1427 on Mar 19, 2018, 10:10:14 PM
Where can i get Impresense with Reduced despair reservation? There's nothing on trade for few days.
"
Fatrick925 wrote:
Where can i get Impresense with Reduced despair reservation? There's nothing on trade for few days.

When you search on PoE.Trade, make sure you search for the explicit "increased damage over time" and you'll find all the Chaos versions of the Impresence amulet.

"
KarmaWithakay wrote:
"
Fatrick925 wrote:

When you search on PoE.Trade, make sure you search for the explicit "increased damage over time" and you'll find all the Chaos versions of the Impresence amulet.

Thx u.. i didn't know this
Prefacing this with the fact I'm playing on HC:

I'm just about to get this fully colored and running. I went with all armor pieces to give me some physical mitigation (around 42% atm). It'll cost me some extra mats to get it all colored but hopefully worth it.

I was wondering about taking out ED? It isn't really used while mapping and you seem to only break it out on bosses. ED does damage for sure, but isn't it mostly Blight that is putting in work on bosses? Any time you are casting ED you aren't casting Blight, seems like it's a loss of damage to do so? Is it in there for some regen against bosses? Just curious and seeing how I could add in some other options on skills.

Lastly, I'm not understanding Abyssal Cry in this set up. You said it was good for large packs of monsters. It's on your scepter so it isn't up while you're leaping around. Is this for particularly pesky mobs that don't die quickly? Are you actually casting it or does it have an interaction with Blasphemy that I'm not understanding?

Thanks for putting this together!
Last edited by LumpsIsHigh on Mar 23, 2018, 12:36:44 PM
"
LumpsIsHigh wrote:
Prefacing this with the fact I'm playing on HC:

I'm just about to get this fully colored and running. I went with all armor pieces to give me some physical mitigation (around 42% atm). It'll cost me some extra mats to get it all colored but hopefully worth it.

I was wondering about taking out ED? It isn't really used while mapping and you seem to only break it out on bosses. ED does damage for sure, but isn't it mostly Blight that is putting in work on bosses? Any time you are casting ED you aren't casting Blight, seems like it's a loss of damage to do so? Is it in there for some regen against bosses? Just curious and seeing how I could add in some other options on skills.

Lastly, I'm not understanding Abyssal Cry in this set up. You said it was good for large packs of monsters. It's on your scepter so it isn't up while you're leaping around. Is this for particularly pesky mobs that don't die quickly? Are you actually casting it or does it have an interaction with Blasphemy that I'm not understanding?

Thanks for putting this together!

It's good that you went with armor. Make sure you have the flasks too.

ED is purely for bosses and it helps getting them down faster. You have to take into account the fact that breath of the council X2 is 80% increased duration of chaos skills and that is further increased by temp chains on monsters. Meaning you hardly ever have to cast ED and you can just spam blight on top of it.

Leap slamming around is for maps tier 15 and below where you won't really need abyssal cry. In t16 maps or maps that you rolled pretty hard core like 50% extra life, enfeeble, etc, then abyssal cry becomes pretty darn useful.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
"
Simplesim45 wrote:

It's good that you went with armor. Make sure you have the flasks too.

ED is purely for bosses and it helps getting them down faster. You have to take into account the fact that breath of the council X2 is 80% increased duration of chaos skills and that is further increased by temp chains on monsters. Meaning you hardly ever have to cast ED and you can just spam blight on top of it.

Leap slamming around is for maps tier 15 and below where you won't really need abyssal cry. In t16 maps or maps that you rolled pretty hard core like 50% extra life, enfeeble, etc, then abyssal cry becomes pretty darn useful.

Wow, thanks for the quick response!

My first time owning Breath, I was focusing on the extra damage aspect, what you laid out makes perfect sense now.
Hi Simplesim45,

Thank you for this guide, awesome build, very fun to play.
I am at level 73, doing some low tier maps and was wondering the playstyle.

I mean, when to cast abyssal cry and ED. Not sure on high tier maps, but I am killing everything just with the auras and blight.

Also, are the 3 auras applied to all monsters? Am I missing something or by the tree we have only 2 auras?
"
fladsongomes wrote:
Hi Simplesim45,
Also, are the 3 auras applied to all monsters? Am I missing something or by the tree we have only 2 auras?

Nevermind about this, now I see that Whispers of Doom give us the third curse.
"
fladsongomes wrote:
Hi Simplesim45,

Thank you for this guide, awesome build, very fun to play.
I am at level 73, doing some low tier maps and was wondering the playstyle.

I mean, when to cast abyssal cry and ED. Not sure on high tier maps, but I am killing everything just with the auras and blight.

Abyssal Cry is for higher tier maps blue packs if you've rolled crazy map mods and ED is for higher tier bosses.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info