[3.1] Freezing Pulse - Elementalist - Pen Stack - Guardian/Shaper/Uber Atziri Viable

Awesome guide! But Is this a good league starter build or no?
"
Darkmatter97 wrote:
Awesome guide! But Is this a good league starter build or no?

yes
Very nice build, trying this now with my 87 witch.
A silly question regarding haste, herald of ice and aura curse, at what point can one run all three?
Can you help me understand where i am supposed to put the First Snow jewels. I don't see INT on the sockets north of devotion or beside Quick Recovery.
Hey all,

Sorry about being unresponsive. I skipped Bestiary and recently graduated/started work etc etc. I'm currently working on another non-fotm build and plan on making freezing pulse again for Incursion once that is written and burned out. Should have the guide updated within a few weeks. I would rather play through and see changes with experience before updating based on numbers alone. Thanks to everyone who has read and tried this build, hopefully it will be as enjoyable this league as it was in Abyss.
Last edited by lwalker7 on Aug 31, 2020, 2:59:11 AM
I am currently working my way through the storyline with this build, I'm at level 66 and really enjoying myself :)

Thank you for making this, and I am looking forward to your updates. (especially with all the changes GGG have made, including making FP even more powerful, and the ascendancy changes too)

One fun thing you might want to play with if you have time is: Sire of Shards, socketed with Freezing Pulse, and supported by one or more of Volley and Greater Multiple Projectiles. Combined with one or two Snakepit rings, you get around 15+ projectiles striking out in various patterns. You can either get circles (with GMP) or weird front/back combos with Volley. I think it would be fun, but in no way viable, to lightning Warp into the middle of a mob and fire off 15 freezing pulses in a ring. That plus Blasphemy/Warlord's Mark would mean lots of endurance charges to go along with the power and frenzy charges we already get.

Anyway, enough of my BS, glad to have you back and looking forward to the updates.
Thanks for the build OP, had some fun messing about with it in Standard while I'm taking a break from temp league addictions.

If anyone's interested, I updated the build for 3.3 and made some modifications to suit my own playstyle. Sitting at 7.8K ehp with 105K hideout dps, spiking to over 300K tooltip with all buffs up. I can get pretty close to OP's dps numbers if character level, gear and gem levels were better. The recent changes to FP now make it very comfortable to play at long range. Item wise, the changes I made were to use Pledge of Hands, Kaom's Heart, a warlord's mark curse on hit ring coupled with Mark of the Shaper. I also use Vaal Righteous Fire instead of Vaal Haste.

Tree-wise, I picked up the juicy staff crit nodes north of MoM and 2x Intuitive Leap jewels on the left and right side of the tree to save some passive points. I also didn't pick up as many mana nodes as OP due to Pledge of Hands giving me so much mana and the ring enabling me to forgo blasphemy-warlord's mark setup.

My gear and tree for reference:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.3.0/AAAABAMCAQQHBLMFQgceCPQOSA_EEFgRLREvEZYTNRNxFVAWbxa_F6QaOBvIHNwdFCBuJpUnLyepKgssnC0fLdIy0TpYO3xBlkSrRUdFnUlPSVFMi0yzUDBTUlVLVa5VxliuXfJepWHiYqxjQ2ZUaPJqQ2yMcFJ8g3_GghCCm4PbhTKFe4V9idOMNox2jmSPGo9Gj6aP-pBVkPqVIJUulnSXLZrgnaqiAKKjpwinNK6zr5u2hrb6uMq5k7yqvOrAZsHzwwnP3dAf0PXUB9te3I3fbd-w4XPjauOE6-7r9ew47SDvS-_r8B_w1fGK8h33pvrS?accountName=pathofexile003&characterName=SugarMummmy
"
If anyone's interested, I updated the build for 3.3 and made some modifications to suit my own playstyle.

Awesome, thank you!

Do you have a Path of Building pastebin link?
"
Thanks for the build OP, had some fun messing about with it in Standard while I'm taking a break from temp league addictions.

Tree-wise, I picked up the juicy staff crit nodes north of MoM and 2x Intuitive Leap jewels on the left and right side of the tree to save some passive points. I also didn't pick up as many mana nodes as OP due to Pledge of Hands giving me so much mana and the ring enabling me to forgo blasphemy-warlord's mark setup.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.3.0/AAAABAMCAQQHBLMFQgceCPQOSA_EEFgRLREvEZYTNRNxFVAWbxa_F6QaOBvIHNwdFCBuJpUnLyepKgssnC0fLdIy0TpYO3xBlkSrRUdFnUlPSVFMi0yzUDBTUlVLVa5VxliuXfJepWHiYqxjQ2ZUaPJqQ2yMcFJ8g3_GghCCm4PbhTKFe4V9idOMNox2jmSPGo9Gj6aP-pBVkPqVIJUulnSXLZrgnaqiAKKjpwinNK6zr5u2hrb6uMq5k7yqvOrAZsHzwwnP3dAf0PXUB9te3I3fbd-w4XPjauOE6-7r9ew47SDvS-_r8B_w1fGK8h33pvrS?accountName=pathofexile003&characterName=SugarMummmy

Regarding your ascendancy choices: Does the life leech from Paragon of Calamity make much difference?

I'm trying to decide between Paragon of Calamity and Shaper of Desolation. PoC gives me leech and reflect immunity, but SoD gives me guaranteed ignite 6 seconds out of 14.
I don't really want to hijack OP's thread as my variation is not min-maxed. However, you can easily obtain my POB by importing via account and character name which is contained in the passive tree link. Regarding PoC vs SoD, I'm starting to think PoC + LoP is good for early game but that you really want Beacon of Ruin at endgame. I haven't tested it yet but POB tells me I get 140K more Shaper dps when converting to the BoR path. That guaranteed 20% more damage from shock is really OP! PoC's leech and reflect immunity are more QoL than anything else, the other stats are too conditional, and the golems from LoP die versus tough bosses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info