Which is better spark or ice totem?

Planning on goin dual totem build, so I want to know which is better the spark or ice totem build? and why

Also should i use both offensive totems or 1 offensive 1 defensive( skels totem, etc) ?
I have gotten up to 57 with ARC. Very similar to spark it really does insane damage. Spark as well does nice damage. But needs Fork as a support as well as faster casting. Arc Does not.

I did die tho and re leveling with Ice Spear which I find to be horrible. I used LMP and faster casting and its just horrid. Very very low dps I feel like I am the worse in the group every time. I just switch to SPROK and yea easy mode again. I havent taken any special passives to buff either light or ice yet so I can still decide. I recommend taking your health node passives and trying all 3 out. Remember to level which ever gems you are not using in your other weapon slots. GL

So light> ice and between arc and spork which one u would choose?
Also both offensive totems? or 1 off 1 def?
How did u die? is this build safe?

Ty
"
Camaron wrote:

So light> ice and between arc and spork which one u would choose?
Also both offensive totems? or 1 off 1 def?
How did u die? is this build safe?

Ty

I died on merc umm the butcher guy on the way to piety. I was really really rushing because arc just blew people up. I had very low armor and got hit then hooked so pretty much 2 shot. You pretty much set dual arc and curse with conductivity and run in a circle. Have your 3 or 4 zombies our skeles on rares and bosses and one or two spectras. Do get Static Blows if you pick Light. But for damage from what ive seen Light is dominate to Ice.

Only reason I tried Ice Spear is because a buddy told me totems in maps are bad from what he saw other than Ice totems freezing the groups. But its a easy switch to ice because the ice and light nodes are really close to each other. I havent even thought about fire.

Spark is just annoying to me because the entire area is lil sparks
Arc looks nice and you can 3L it to be effective. Spell totem faster cast and arc is just fine
with spark you need fork on it as well.
Also after you get yourself enough health nodes and your static blows passive. Try to buff minions hp. I ran a 4L helm with spectra skele and zombie with extra min health. Zombies had around 5k in act 2 merc. I had like 4 10% nodes and was about to get more. When they blow up it does a nice amount of damage. And you need tanks for your totems

Wow a3 on merc at lvl 57 !!!!
On my marauder i am still a1 merc at lvl 61, i tried brutus and almost died so had to port out

Yah the reason i was thinking ice is the slow which is good, but arc is sounding soo good. Also if i put temporal chains on the arc totem would it slow enemies down as ice does?
"
Camaron wrote:

Wow a3 on merc at lvl 57 !!!!
On my marauder i am still a1 merc at lvl 61, i tried brutus and almost died so had to port out

Yah the reason i was thinking ice is the slow which is good, but arc is sounding soo good. Also if i put temporal chains on the arc totem would it slow enemies down as ice does?

Thats my bad 57 cruel act 3. derp
"
Camaron wrote:

Also should i use both offensive totems or 1 offensive 1 defensive( skels totem, etc) ?

Yes you should use both.

You need to have a backup attack, (at least one), for those situations where your primary attack isn't working.

OB: BazzVone - 83 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI and minions
CB: BazzVfourteen - 80 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI
CB: BazzVtwo - 73 Dual Spork Totem/LS Templar
CB: BazzVseven - 76 Lightning Strike Mara
CB: BazzVfive - 78 Lightning Strike Mara

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info