Stories from Development: What came from the Original Design?

What about:

-Devination Cards
-Trigger Gems
-Status Effects like Maim, Taunt, Intimidate, etc.
It may have been covered in all these replies... But I have been hearing 10 acts are planned since early open beta... Did people really just guess that lucky with such certainty? Or was the 10 acts just something u guys wanted to do but decided you definitely could do in 2016?
Interesting that GGG didn't have vendor recipes, nor maps as an original concept for the game. Because those were added VERY quickly at launch.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
Item Rarities: Yes. Normal/Magic/Rare/Unique were locked in from the start and we avoided the trap of trying to add an additional rarity tier (until Shaper/Elder items happened?)

avoided but can't help it .. yesss.. shaper/elder mods will stay...hehehe.. right? pls? =)
"Level Cap: Yes. The plan of harshly diminishing experience with a cap of 100 was intended from the start. It wasn't meant to be as fast as it currently is now though."

Another xp increase incoming?

Nice to read about all the initial ideas though. :)
"
Ten Acts: No. This was decided in late 2016. Until then, we had five planned acts and a difficulty level structure.

??? Hmm I distinctely remember 10 acts being planned from very early on.

"
cipher_nemo wrote:
Interesting that GGG didn't have vendor recipes, nor maps as an original concept for the game. Because those were added VERY quickly at launch.

They were trying to fix the economy which was a bit messy at the beginning.
Anyway getting rid of Mirrors created a huge economy gap which is not yet fixed.
"
Kavlor wrote:
"
Ten Acts: No. This was decided in late 2016. Until then, we had five planned acts and a difficulty level structure.

WAIT ! WHAT ?!

I was the first and ONLY person to propose act 6 to 8 while there were 3 acts and was about to add 4th !
This forum almost rip my internal organs apart. There were peoples speaking about armageddon, and that I am retarded.

I was the first to suggest additional skill tree fixing some issues into the main.
Believe me I was sorry nearly 2 weeks after the decision to post it in here..

I was the first to suggest skill gem slots into the earrings and the belts.
Again I was cursed as an eretic.

.. more stuff.. and more stuff..

So.. if You remember such things. They were probably from some of this or other of mine accounts posts.
Unfortunately none is still listen to me right when I am speaking.

Pluss I've decided to stop posting ideas about this game since the new company which bought GGG practically does not give a f**k about my posts.
Even worse - they are doing everything the way it absolutely it should not be done ( I am pointing especially to CI kill and ES giganerf ( instead of pushing them up they killed them ) ).

So.. if you are about to blame someone for the 10 acts - blame me. XD
Just one very disappointed PoE fan.
CI casters made PoE to the top, and GGG decided to kill them.
Best decision ever!
2 x Xeon E5 2695 V4 ( 36 cores/72 threads ) / 128 GB RAM / 2 x GTX 1080 / 3 x Philips 55" displays / 1200W PSU / 4 x 512 GB SSD / 2 x 8 TB HDD
Last edited by SonicPLD2 on Jan 23, 2018, 2:04:10 PM
"
SonicPLD2 wrote:
"
Kavlor wrote:
"

WAIT ! WHAT ?!

I was the first and ONLY person to propose act 6 to 8 while there were 3 acts and was about to add 4th !
This forum almost rip my internal organs apart. There were peoples speaking about armageddon, and that I am retarded.

I was the first to suggest additional skill tree fixing some issues into the main.
Believe me I was sorry nearly 2 weeks after the decision to post it in here..

I was the first to suggest skill gem slots into the earrings and the belts.
Again I was cursed as an eretic.

.. more stuff.. and more stuff..

So.. if You remember such things. They were probably from some of this or other of mine accounts posts.
Unfortunately none is still listen to me right when I am speaking.

Pluss I've decided to stop posting ideas about this game since the new company which bought GGG practically does not give a f**k about my posts.
Even worse - they are doing everything the way it absolutely it should not be done ( I am pointing especially to CI kill and ES giganerf ( instead of pushing them up they killed them ) ).

So.. if you are about to blame someone for the 10 acts - blame me. XD

Heh honestly if the first thing they had done was erase the vaal pact, es balanced later would have been easier. Could see ES getting a buff in 3.2 actually, though guessing it'll take longer. real issue with that es was the huge hp with instant leech from vaal pact heh. Which meant everyone went life instant leech... which then they fully removed lol.

as for 10 acts. Not sure where i heard it, though it might have been trickles off from your post with people forgetting about source, idea was the eventually add acts so there would be no boring repetitive storyline (why the heck they would plan for that long term sounds annoying. not having a repeating story makes it a lot more fun to make new characters.... though I do understand that to get to act 10 is something the very casual players that never made merciless end game boss still won't reach.

Hoping they still do more acts... or go crazy and make storyline splits lol. act 6, make this choice, head to alternative act 7-8-9-10 with different story but same rewards.
"
Resistances: Yes. Fire/Cold/Lightning/Chaos resistance were planned as they currently are.

Uh. I don't know why, but I believe I remember 'early design' to have NO WAY of increasing chaos resistance. The idea behind being that chaos damage was the same for everyone in every situation.
Last edited by polimeris on Jan 23, 2018, 2:37:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info