Stories from Development: What came from the Original Design?

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Attributes: Yes. Strength, Dexterity and Intelligence were locked in from the start. The first design had them giving +1 life, +1 accuracy and +1 mana respectively.

Oh, those sweet, simple days when the word 'powercreep' wasn't even in the same garage as the GGG founders...
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Thank you for sharing this... really adds to the connection we make as players with you developers, and the game itself.

Nice to see the thought processes and the "A-ha!" moments :)
I like it!
† You were a good man in a bad situation, Fairgraves. †
See what I am currently after here: 1767138
Thanks Chris! 2797098
I always enjoy reading articles like this.
"
Tutorials: No. The initial plan was that the game would be self-evident to play, but we now realise that players come from a variety of gaming backgrounds and tutorials really help those who aren't core ARPG gamers.

It's never a good thing when your player needs to look outside the game for core game mechanics to be explained because the described function is more or less or ruse or not explained at all.

First two years of me playing was not even knowing that there were any recipes at all and getting trolled in Global because, somehow, I should have known there was a wiki for the game to begin with...and this was before gaming wiki's were even a popular thing. Now I'm in that stupid spot where it takes 3-4 days to get 10 chaos from the crummy recipe because I can't do high-t maps...
Interesting. I wander what’s with the glut of back stories recently though :D
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
The Labyrinth: No.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Great post! Keep em coming.
"
Mystery Boxes: No.

My feelings exactly.
Last edited by Frozen666 on Jan 22, 2018, 8:36:17 PM
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
One day in the future, we may decide to share the full document...

Make it part of a supporter pack. Nicely bound and annotated, perhaps signed like some of the swag back in the day. That'll really piss my wife off again (because I spend so much on this game as it is). :)
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
Last edited by Phaeded on Jan 22, 2018, 9:06:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info