3.1 - Oni-Goroshi AssSlayer

INTRODUCTION
Hello, my name is DonTheCrown and this guide is going to cover the build I made with the new unique Oni-Goroshi

This guide is broken into sections:
Videos - Watch the build in action
Build Breakdown - What's this build all about
Passives / Pantheon / Bandits - What I picked
Links - What skills
Gearing this build - What type of rares to get here
Leveling - how I leveled the character
Videos
Spoiler

Coming soon

Build Breakdown
Spoiler

When Oni-Goroshi first came out I wanted to create a build with it, this is what I came up with. Oni-Goroshi has some pros and cons.
Pros
+ Massive flat physical damage ~340 pdps at 90
+ Massive physical as extra fire ~419 edps at 90
+ These combine to make Oni-Goroshi an approximate 760 dps sword at level 90 which is notably higher than a mirror tier rare one handed sword and is still better than a perfect Starforge.
+ Good crit base weapon 8.5 - 9.5 crit is very solid
Free 6L
Cons
- Sizeable degen on ignite (crit) 11.25% of maximum health at level 90
- One-handed sword without being able to get dual wielding benefits
Since this is in Abyss league we can use Abyss jewels, which scale amazingly for Oni-Goroshi, to scale up massive flat added damage. To benefit the most from flat damage, we are going to use crit to scale that damage. Crits will also ensure that we are igniting things (don’t use elemental focus no matter what PoB tells you) so that we ensure that we are continuously getting Her Blessing. Since Oni-Goroshi has a nice 8.5-9.5 base crit this will be somewhat easy.
While most builds only need to worry about recovering from incoming damage, we need to also deal with the degen caused by our sword. While leech is a good way to recover some life, we need to do more such as some life gain on hit. To me the best ascendancy to do both crit and leech is Scion’s Assassin / Slayer.

Passives / Pantheon / Bandits
Spoiler

Final Tree
Pantheon - Soul of Arakaali + Soul of Abberath

Links
Spoiler

Main Damage
Molten Strike - Multistrike - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Ancestral Call - Concentrated Effect - Increased Critical Damage
Speed Clearing - Note I throw this in a tabula and swap it out for higher red maps
Flicker Strike - Multistrike - Melee Splash - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Melee Physical Damage - Damage on Full Life / Elemental Damage with Attacks
Movement
Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Blood Magic
Auras + Golem
Hatred / Elemental Weakness - Blasphemy / Ice Golem
CWDT
Cast When Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Vortex
MVP - Seriously tho have this
Decoy Totem

Gearing this build
Spoiler

Weapon

Wouldn’t be much of an Oni-Goroshi build without this...
Chest

I use 6L Flicker in a Tabula for speed mapping and switch to Kaoms for harder maps or solo bosses (Elder and his friends for example)
Helmet

Rare with life and resistances
Gloves

Rare with life and resistances
Boots

Rare with life and resistances or Goldwyrm for some MF
Belt

Darkness Enthroned is a great belt, get your two best jewels and jam them in there. I also use
for speed mapping but that’s outside most people’s budgets.
Amulet

This is actually a pretty bad amulet...
Rings

For rings there are a couple options. For leveling and budget you can use a Thief’s Torment, which will allow you to flicker with ease and will do a great job topping you off whenever you molten strike. The downside to this is that it’s two ring slots with no life, so for higher end maps I switched to 2 Elder rings with the new life gain on hit mod ranges. At item level 75 or higher you can get 16-20 life gained on hit, which combined is about 66% of a perfect Thief’s.
Jewels
I personally looked for double flat phys + 1/2 elemental damage mods.

Leveling
Spoiler

To level this build there are a few options. Since you can equip Oni-goroshi right away you can level using it from the Coast onwards. I personally just used Molten strike until level 38 when you unlock the ability to use multistrike. Then I started using flicker strike to level and things went very very fast.
Also note that you can also equip Darkness Enthroned right away too, and jewels with ‘Movement speed if you’d killed recently’ + 1 other good mod will help a lot.
Level 2
Molten strike + Chance to Bleed + Onslaught
Level 4
+ Ancestral Call
Level 8
+ Added Fire
+ Increased Critical Strikes
Level 18
+ Elemental Damage with Attacks
+ Faster Attacks
- Chance to Bleed
- Added Fire
~ Concentrated Effect
Level 38
+ Multistrike
- Faster Attacks
Flicker Strike + Multistrike + Melee Splash + Ancestral Call + Increased Critical Strikes + Melee Physical Damage

Last bumped on Mar 22, 2018, 11:10:59 PM
reserved
isn't it easier to just have another oni in your offhand for flicker and use a Astral plate or another unique chest/belly/abyss chest instead?

Also, how are you generating frenzy charges?
Last edited by SlamBro on Jan 23, 2018, 8:40:52 PM
"
SlamBro wrote:
isn't it easier to just have another oni in your offhand for flicker and use a Astral plate or another unique chest/belly/abyss chest instead?

Also, how are you generating frenzy charges?

I mean, yea you could easily weapon swap and wear a Kaoms Heart, I've just never bothered to. Bloodrage.
Whats your opinion to run Anger with Herald of Ash and a Watchers Eye for Anger Leech?

And maybe equip a Xophs Blood?
Hi,
Nice build.
Bandit choice?
Last edited by edessiex on Feb 15, 2018, 6:18:43 AM
What was bandit choice? Kill all?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info