[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Hello.

Thanks for the guide. Old beta player here. I haven't played since prophecy.
I'm follow your guide to relearn the game. Do you have a lootfilter you can share specific for this build?
Hey :)

Having some fun to try crafting bow.

Wich one are suffix/préfix on elder bow ?
+1socketed gem
+ 2 socketed bow gem
Supportes by vicious projecile
+2 socketed support gem
X%non aliment chaos overtime

How to maximise that with a «multiple crafted mod »?

Thx :)
I've fought syndicate mastermind (no spoilers) for the 3rd time today, level 80 zone this time. I have to say, this is my favorite fight so far. It's very melee unfriendly and some mechanics are confusing if you're doing the fight for the first time - i learned the most important one by watching Tarke's attempt (i know, i'm a wuss). This attempt allowed me to learn a new mechanic:

The mastermind has a teleport slam ability that works unlike most you've seen. Boss can teleport multiple times until finally releasing tons of damage. I was chased for a whole ~1 second and got slammed in a corner (could've avoided slam by going into degen area). I nearly died (~100-300 hp left, ~7000 dmg pre mitigation) but got saved by Kintsugi once again.

My only regret right now, is that i didn't record the fight. No luck with +2 support gems mod unfortunately, will keep chasing it until i finally got it.

"
DirtyLary wrote:
Hello.

Thanks for the guide. Old beta player here. I haven't played since prophecy.
I'm follow your guide to relearn the game. Do you have a lootfilter you can share specific for this build?

I make my own loot filter and update it as i progress, never used any other. You can't go wrong with Neversink's filter tho.

"
dibdib2 wrote:
Spoiler
Hey :)

Having some fun to try crafting bow.

Wich one are suffix/préfix on elder bow ?
+1socketed gem
+ 2 socketed bow gem
Supportes by vicious projecile
+2 socketed support gem
X%non aliment chaos overtime

How to maximise that with a «multiple crafted mod »?

Thx :)

Crafting section gives you all information you need, including what's a prefix/suffix (spoiler - they're all prefixes). The methods i provide are best possible way to approach the crafting - reliable and as cheap as possible.

+2 Support Gems is really rare (syndicate mastermind only), so realistically you will only be able to get the mod through trusted mastercrafter.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Dec 17, 2018, 1:26:46 PM
"
DankawSL wrote:
"
Ruffus_01 wrote:
Spoiler
Hi,

I'm a returning player from a loonng loong time ago, wanted to start fresh in the new league, much has changed since I was gone, so could consider myself a newbee.

First of all, wanted to say thank you for this very detailed guide, I think it's one of the most indepth guides I have seen on these forums, as well on some other games forums as well. Very good job, thank you. If any other players are returning from a long absence or if they are just new to the game, this is the guide to go to.

I have been fallowing this guide and went very smooth so far, but now, lvl 39 in act 4, I just feel a bit weak. Don't want to criticize anything, just want to learn from you more experienced players.

So, staring fresh with just my drops to back me up I made my way to act 4 without any problems. Passive tree is just as you put in the guide, items... well, tried to fit them best as I could as you recommended. Still a long way to go.

Din't buy anything so far and I don't have a lot of currency, but if you please just point out what would be my obvious first upgrades to make my leveling forward smoother, would be great help.

Also, should I look to buy anything at this lvl, or just be patient, try to farm some stuff until I get higher?

Thanks

"Feels weak" is a very broad statement. Build should be fine damage wise, especially if you take it slowly (and most newbies probably do). I suspect you might have problems with defence. At this point you need to start to care about your equipment. Focus on identifying rares and try to find anything with high amount of life and/or resistances. In case you do have problems with damage, you can purchase 4-linked Silverbranch. It should be enough for a long time.

Hello,

Newbie here...very overwhelmed by the amount of systems and complexities of PoE, but I am sticking with it so far. I have been following your guide and wanted to say thank you for providing a detailed write up and answering questions that come your way.

When you say purchase a "4-Linked Silverbranch" are you talking about purchasing a basic 4-link from a vendor in the main hub areas or are you referring to trading with another player? I am currently level 26 & have a 3-linked Silverbranch Crude Bow (unique) that was gifted to me by a fellow friend who has also just started playing. I have yet to find any 4-linked pieces with all green links. Should I attempt to trade with someone to get a 4-linked Silverbranch Crude Bow or is there a way to make my 3-linked into a 4-linked?

Sorry for the newb questions. Your help is appreciated :)

P.S. I'm assuming that the CA set-up doesn't have to be socketed into the bow itself, it can be any piece of equipment with 4-links?

Hi, just managed to buy a 4L (gggg) Silverbranch and I must say it has been awesome, thank you for the help. Finished act 4 (with some deaths, but most of them due to my own fault).

@c1v1d: I'm a noob to, returning from a long hiatus, so I may be wrong, just trying to help. I had a similar problem, just dint have the gear to link CA with the 3 supports recommended in the build. If you scroll just a few answers back, the fact is you don't have to put it in your bow, can be other piece of gear with 4 linked green slots, just to get you started.

In my case, I just got lucky with a few drops and could afford that 4L Silverbranch, but if you dont have the currency to buy it, any other piece of gear would do. Hope I got it right. Again, I don't pretend to be an expert, it's what I understand from my similar question not so long ago.

"
c1v1d wrote:
Spoiler
Hello,

Newbie here...very overwhelmed by the amount of systems and complexities of PoE, but I am sticking with it so far. I have been following your guide and wanted to say thank you for providing a detailed write up and answering questions that come your way.

When you say purchase a "4-Linked Silverbranch" are you talking about purchasing a basic 4-link from a vendor in the main hub areas or are you referring to trading with another player? I am currently level 26 & have a 3-linked Silverbranch Crude Bow (unique) that was gifted to me by a fellow friend who has also just started playing. I have yet to find any 4-linked pieces with all green links. Should I attempt to trade with someone to get a 4-linked Silverbranch Crude Bow or is there a way to make my 3-linked into a 4-linked?

Sorry for the newb questions. Your help is appreciated :)

P.S. I'm assuming that the CA set-up doesn't have to be socketed into the bow itself, it can be any piece of equipment with 4-links?

I meant purchasing one from another player, it's unlikely to find a particular unique item during your playthrough in a new league.

Silverbranch's +1 to socketed bow gems gives as much damage as another support gem early on, so your 3-link has the same power as a normal 4-link. The catch is that you need to have the setup socketed inside the bow to gain the benefit.

4-link (normal or pseudo one) is all you need, you can keep using your 3-linked Silverbranch for a long time. I've suggested the purchase to Ruffus because i expected him to already have a normal 4-link (but he didn't), plus it should be really cheap now anyway.
Thank you both for your help :)
Would these also work for Caustic Arrow?
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Gripped_Gloves

im thinking of crafting a pair of nice ones with Fossils to get the extra damage.
December 18th, 2018
Crafting Section:
* Added new chase elder mod for gloves/amulet: +(13–16)% to Non-Ailment Chaos DoT Multiplier

"
asgar86 wrote:
Would these also work for Caustic Arrow?
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Gripped_Gloves

im thinking of crafting a pair of nice ones with Fossils to get the extra damage.

Attack damage increases don't apply to CA's degen. Only to hit portion.
Last edited by DankawSL on Dec 18, 2018, 2:53:13 AM
Thx for answering and précisions about craft.

I didnt saw it first because it is in the second part of your post and I thougt it was outdated (3.4 title)

Thx to you I am near to reach the utlimate bow. I am looking for a craftmaster for the +2 support gem, and I will link it when done. (I have only unlock +1 support gem atm)
Level 90 so far I love what you propose with this build.
I can improve my supported gem, the different setup and flask but I already feels super powerfull AND resilient with like you said already 1600+hp and 200k dps tooltip without flask/buff.

I love to start Map with damage set up (only 1 arrow), way slower but way safer for betrayal encounter on red map.

Once encounter is done I switch one gem for multiple projectile until boss and I run like a crazy rabbit. A stronk rabbit.

I love it :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info