[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
Jolkien wrote:
So it's probably due to being very new at the game but how do I generate endurance charges for Immortal Call ?

Hi Jolkien, if you are referring to the Cast When Damage Taken (CWDT) + Immortal Call (IC) + Increased Duration gem setup, then you don't need to generate endurance charge at all. Just make sure to keep CWDT & IC gems at correct levels for them to work. You can keep levelling up Increased Duration.

Hope that helps.
So, i've been killed by my ISP once again. This is getting annoying as disconnects were sole cause for my deaths in this and previous league so far (except one death). Still not giving up on HC. I seriously have to find a way to get rid of the random disconnects, one way or another.

"
Drizzle1369 wrote:
Spoiler
Just a quick question. Wouldn't you benefit more from taking the Heavy Draw perk more that you do from taking the Method to madness perk. Heavy draw for 5 points you get a total of 79% damage over time, and Method to madness you get 54% chaos damage. I am not sure if it matters being bow skills related or how big if any the difference between chaos vs damage over time increases work. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Chaos damage wheels now have additonal damage multiplier. Even 3% gives more than almost any node of the tree, in the end game.

"
ryoken0367 wrote:
Spoiler
I found a +1 bow gems bow, but it was only a 3-link. At the time I was using a 4-link setup in my chest (still am for 4 more levels, then I'll have 5-link +2 bow)... Which would be better, do you think: +1 bow gems 3-link, or 4-link setup? Purely a leveling question for those lucky enough to be in that situation.

Thank you again for the awesome build, and all the work you put in!

+1 bow will give you more damage for majority of the time, but your other support gem won't level (unless you have extra space). It's just better to take the 4-link, honestly.

"
Jolkien wrote:
So it's probably due to being very new at the game but how do I generate endurance charges for Immortal Call ?

You don't generate them. Immortal Call has a base duration, which is further increased by support gem. That's enough for most situations.

Later on you can craft boots that can generate endurance charges on kill.

"
NightKarter wrote:
What do you think about new craft mod "+2 to Socketed Support Gems"?

I must've missed it when i looked on the mods two days ago. It's insane honestly. It's even better than 40% non-ailment chaos DoT. 1 exalt is a very small price to pay for this.

About the level 32 CA, nope. Levels above 30 increase CA's base damage by VERY small amounts, 6% for 30 -> 31. The ideal bow would want Level 20 Vicious Projectiles or 40% non ailment chaos DoT multiplier instead of +2 socketed bow gems.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Dec 11, 2018, 3:23:31 PM
Hey!

Love the build and I'm sort of dancing between this and Low Life Righteous Fire right now which is unfortunately extremely expensive and until you hit that gear threshold, -really- weak, especially this league :/

Curious how CA fares in this league for you so far and what sort of damage are you expecting to be able to hit? Watching the videos on the first page, the clear speed is great but the boss killing is a bit slow. Could I be expecting to be -much- stronger against bosses/syndicate members this league with the new crafting options + delve crafting than what's shown in the videos?

Keep up the great work, hopefully I'll be able to post some of my own successes with this build eventually!
"
fakado wrote:
Spoiler
Hey!

Love the build and I'm sort of dancing between this and Low Life Righteous Fire right now which is unfortunately extremely expensive and until you hit that gear threshold, -really- weak, especially this league :/

Curious how CA fares in this league for you so far and what sort of damage are you expecting to be able to hit? Watching the videos on the first page, the clear speed is great but the boss killing is a bit slow. Could I be expecting to be -much- stronger against bosses/syndicate members this league with the new crafting options + delve crafting than what's shown in the videos?

Keep up the great work, hopefully I'll be able to post some of my own successes with this build eventually!

Currently, you can get up to 250k tooltip dps on budget gear - that's same/higher dps than what you could do in min-maxed build previous league. Probably up to ~350k dps with maxed build and ~500k with classic build. Most of my videos were recorded with ~180k dps for reference

Have in mind that those numbers don't include Wither totem or Despair, which increase dps by ~200% against normal bosses and ~160% against shaper/guardians.
Last edited by DankawSL on Dec 11, 2018, 4:01:59 PM
Thanks for the response, that sounds really good actually! I guess its time to sell my RF gear and re-equip my Raider :^)

I am curious though if you've been having any big issues with the syndicate members? I didn't die much on my CA Raider to bosses/mapping but I think I probably collected over 50 deaths since hitting lvl 70 (83 now I think) just because the syndicate members were hitting so hard/running super fast out of caustic clouds which prevented me from killing them until I make a whoopsie.

Is this in very large part because I don't have my uber lab for the Onslaught ascendancy, so my survival isn't even close as good as it should be, or is there something else I might be forgetting/prioritising wrong?
Yep, not having speed/defences from onslaught path is the primary issue with syndicate. Picking up that 2nd node solves nearly all issues.

As for killing and kiting, dodge to sideways instead of backwards. Many attacks like Haku's screen-wide slam hit very far back. Once you start to circle around syndicate members, you'll be able to dodge their attacks AND be in position to attack them during their wind-up animations. For fortifications, i sometimes use Vaal Grace, raid the hideout killing the totems and run back.

Overall, syndicate gets quite easy aftewards. Just don't underestimate their damage.
Last edited by DankawSL on Dec 11, 2018, 4:57:26 PM
"
biaXamseng wrote:

Hi kendo3, after casting either Holy Relic or Golem, i would switch out the key to the other. With HR, golem lasts a lot longer. It's only in fights with bosses and IS as well as Delve that you may have to re-cast golems or HR. But i normally wouldn't worry too much about the two in such fights as i would be busy shooting CA & toxic rain, as well as casting Despair, Ballista, & Wither totem (not necessarily in that order).

thank you for the quick reply. I would have sworn I tried that as know holy relic survives pretty well. just tried again and it worked, so thinking I set it up on a weapon swap and that won't work.

user error for sure. thanks for having patience with silly questions
"
kendo3 wrote:
"
biaXamseng wrote:

Hi kendo3, after casting either Holy Relic or Golem, i would switch out the key to the other. With HR, golem lasts a lot longer. It's only in fights with bosses and IS as well as Delve that you may have to re-cast golems or HR. But i normally wouldn't worry too much about the two in such fights as i would be busy shooting CA & toxic rain, as well as casting Despair, Ballista, & Wither totem (not necessarily in that order).

thank you for the quick reply. I would have sworn I tried that as know holy relic survives pretty well. just tried again and it worked, so thinking I set it up on a weapon swap and that won't work.

user error for sure. thanks for having patience with silly questions

No worries, i have been there before. My only question now is, when should i take out ballista and set up a more permanent skill, such as Immortal Call?
"
DankawSL wrote:
Yep, not having speed/defences from onslaught path is the primary issue with syndicate. Picking up that 2nd node solves nearly all issues.

As for killing and kiting, dodge to sideways instead of backwards. Many attacks like Haku's screen-wide slam hit very far back. Once you start to circle around syndicate members, you'll be able to dodge their attacks AND be in position to attack them during their wind-up animations. For fortifications, i sometimes use Vaal Grace, raid the hideout killing the totems and run back.

Overall, syndicate gets quite easy aftewards. Just don't underestimate their damage.

I do that too (raiding the forts & kill the totems first before dealing with the IS members). In such hairy conditions, i normally cast Ballista at the entrance, blast the door, then go in with Despair, Toxic Rain & CA. Of course, hitting the bottles is a must as mana depletion is a real problem.

As with the case of Transport, i run ahead of them using Toxic Rain to slow them down a bit, plant Ballista & Wither totem in front, & blast with CA (& re-cast Toxic Rain whenever necessary).
Last edited by biaXamseng on Dec 11, 2018, 8:52:20 PM
...You're supposed to ditch Siege Ballista after act 2, where the damage it provides is already irrelevant. I do say that in the guide, same goes to switching gems to final setups - i mention it in "Preparing for maps" part. To be fair, i might remove Siege Ballista completely. I don't use it anymore personally. CA+TR already handle everything pretty easily.

I also don't use Toxic Rain starting from act 8. I would rather reapply CA, place totems in better location and simply dodge instead. Safer that way plus more damage too, since the area coverage is bigger.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info