[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Small news unrelated to this build. I've just released another guide:

[3.4] Crimson Dance Bow Gladiator, Tornado Shot + Siege Ballista | Actually viable bleed build

Feel free to take a look. It's not nearly as detailed as CA Raider one, but for a reason. I have no idea if the build is going to be viable next league, so i released it before Delve ends.

Now about the current build, there's really not much for me to do. I was thinking about creating section for complete beginners. I might actually do it, who knows.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
"
Actually viable bleed build

Hmm, I like this. Only one character per league for me though, maybe next time...

I have just acquired a +3 bow with lv.16 vicious projectiles. 50% more damage 👍

[edit: question removed, figured it out]
Last edited by joshagarrado on Nov 12, 2018, 10:18:13 AM
Hello, i'm new to this game and i took that build for my first character. i can play most maps but keep dying on some boss (maybe lack of their mechanic knowledge). I 'd like some advice on cheaps gears upgrades/passive...
"
joshagarrado wrote:
"
Actually viable bleed build

Hmm, I like this. Only one character per league for me though, maybe next time...

I have just acquired a +3 bow with lv.16 vicious projectiles. 50% more damage 👍

[edit: question removed, figured it out]

Bringing out the big guns i see. I actually saw your question shortly before you solved the problem yourself. Still, i believe Void Manipulation is slightly better than Swift Affliction because it doesn't reduce the duration.

A good trick to use for gem swapping is to have both gems close to each other, with the swappable gem also socketed in your gear. That way you make two short motions instead of dragging mouse across half of the screen.

"
jolrael56 wrote:
Hello, i'm new to this game and i took that build for my first character. i can play most maps but keep dying on some boss (maybe lack of their mechanic knowledge). I 'd like some advice on cheaps gears upgrades/passive...

If this is your first charcter ever, then you're doing really good.

Your gear is mostly fine, but low on life. Elder gloves are good enough, shaped quiver is amazing. Weakest points are amulet and belt for sure, you can easily replace them for something with much more resistances.

And as in tradition, FLASKS. Nobody ever pays attention to them but they're insanely powerful. It would be best if you copied the suggested setup.

About dying to bosses - no build is truly immortal. This one allows you to make mistakes and still live majority of the time, so you can learn the actual mechanics of bosses/monsters during the encounter. You can't completely facetank all their skills, gotta dodge them. It's a good practice for the future characters.
dude, thanks for that awesome guide, but all the skill nodes are not loading properly anymore, can u fix that please? Thanks in advance!

for example in your
"
Levelling and Progression -> Caustic Arrow levelling (Act 1-10)

section, all the links to
"
Passive Tree Progression:
Level ~9 (Act 1)
Level ~18 (Act 2)
Level ~29 (Act 3)
Level ~45 (Act 4-5)
Level ~59 (Act 6-8)

are not working.
Loading stucks at 99%? It's a problem with passive tree that must've appear after Betrayal league announcement. Links in other guides suffer the same problem. I will provide temporary poeplanner trees if the issue isn't resolved in next ~12 hours or so. Won't do it now as i'm really short on time right now. Check back tomorrow.

EDIT: Everything works for me now.
Last edited by DankawSL on Nov 14, 2018, 8:47:08 AM
I have always liked rangers.

Great guide. Will be using it as my starter and endgame for the next league.
Casual Player - who likes microtransactions and hideouts.
Going with this build right now and highly disappointed in damage. I have a +3 5L bow and my damage to a tier 2 map boss is so shiet i could say im struggling. I know I have a lot room for improvement, but tier 2 boss, come on. With curse and wither stacks. +3 is very close to an ultimate weapon, I thought I could at least clear the low tier map bosses efficiently.
Last edited by BillyofAstora on Nov 16, 2018, 9:07:49 AM
"
Going with this build right now and highly disappointed in damage. I have a +3 5L bow and my damage to a tier 2 map boss is so shiet i could say im struggling. I know I have a lot room for improvement, but tier 2 boss, come on. With curse and wither stacks. +3 is very close to an ultimate weapon, I thought I could at least clear the low tier map bosses efficiently.

you're doing something else wrong with the build, I never got past a +2 bow and more or less cruised to red maps before I started having issues

Last edited by CaptainFoo on Nov 16, 2018, 9:18:02 AM
That's the problem, I have no idea how it could possibly go wrong.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info