[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
ruleshellz wrote:
Spoiler
Hi, thank you for your answer back then.

I'm already lv 48 and will take it slow since i'm new to ranger build, (mostly play marauder and duelist build)
I just got this bow recently with beastcrafting.

(dont mind the gems, i just want to lv conc effect and damage on full life support)

Can you please tell me which damage is higher If I put 5 link CA setup in this bow rather than the +2 CA bow? Considering CA will shoot 2 arrow with Death Harp. (I'm not good with PoB, it seems always crash)

Thank you very much.

Nope. Damage from two different CA clouds doesn't stack. Additional arrows only gives you bigger AoE, which is great but not at the cost of the damage output.

You can throw out that Shrapnel shot, no point in using it anymore since you have Blast Rain.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
"
DankawSL wrote:

Nope. Damage from two different CA clouds doesn't stack. Additional arrows only gives you bigger AoE, which is great but not at the cost of the damage output.

You can throw out that Shrapnel shot, no point in using it anymore since you have Blast Rain.

Oh, I see. I thought it stacks. My bad. Haha.
I also thought the same about ditching the Shrapnel, but it seems Shrapnel do well with this bow rather than blast rain. Especially in hallway/building map with narrow alley. I like how Shrapnel just obliterate everything in that map.

What you suggest for the replace?
Thanks for the Trickster tree! The one with the Scion life looks great, may I ask why you take Master of the Arena, since the melee part is completely lost upon us. Is it only for the 20 strength?
"
ruleshellz wrote:
Spoiler
"
DankawSL wrote:

Oh, I see. I thought it stacks. My bad. Haha.
I also thought the same about ditching the Shrapnel, but it seems Shrapnel do well with this bow rather than blast rain. Especially in hallway/building map with narrow alley. I like how Shrapnel just obliterate everything in that map.

What you suggest for the replace?

With... Blast Rain? It has same slightly smaller damage output, but it can deal full damage from afar. It's also an AoE attack, great for clearing packs. Meanwhile, Sharpnel Shot requires you to stand in melee range, otherwise it halves your dps.

Lightning Arrow could be better than Sharpnel for clearing trash mobs with this bow, if you prefer killing off-screen. If you were to use it, then i recommend picking up early pierce nodes. Still, Blast Rain deals too much damage for how versatile it is.

You shouldn't really bother too much with this. Leveling is just the beginning, it won't matter in few more hours.

"
Voidshrine wrote:
Thanks for the Trickster tree! The one with the Scion life looks great, may I ask why you take Master of the Arena, since the melee part is completely lost upon us. Is it only for the 20 strength?

Mostly for 1% life regen. It really helps mitigating small hits/degen, so we can benefit from Damage on Full Life support all the time without using a potion. 20 strength is an awesome bonus as well.
Last edited by DankawSL on Mar 7, 2018, 11:28:23 AM
Would it work with Dendrobate ?
---
Hey, as someone unexperienced with end game crafting I have few questions. You mentioned that when we first respec into CA we need to get +2 5-link bow, does it mean spam alts till +2 and then slam regal for whatever result without any mastercrafting? If so do we do the same for a cheap 5-link staff? Also can you briefly explain what is paragon prefix (+1 level) and when its guaranteed? I've seen on wiki they craft +mana on staff as well to get +1 level, but couldn't find any explanation why. Thanks
Hey, really like this build currenty.
But on which lvl do you have the following gems to trigger all lvl 1?
Cast when Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Increased Duration - Vaal Grace
General announcement: i'll be updating the guide in next few days. There's one thing i forgot regarding Raider's onslaught path - elder quiver and gloves can generate frenzy charges as well. That should make this path much less of a burden when it comes to money. I'll be testing the quiver for sure once i get one and update the guide soon after.

Besides this, i'll be providing skill trees for other ascendancy classes.

"
Kelemn wrote:
Would it work with Dendrobate ?

CA cloud isn't poison, so that chest doesn't really do anything for this build.

"
Gambler92 wrote:
Hey, really like this build currenty.
But on which lvl do you have the following gems to trigger all lvl 1?
Cast when Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Increased Duration - Vaal Grace

My personal preference is CWDT (lvl 3) - Immortal Call (lvl 5). The trigger gem should always be 2 levels below Immortal Call, otherwise it won't proc at all. Besides, level of Immortal Call doesn't really matter unless you have a way to generate endurance charges

Increased Duration should be highest level possible with quality, as level restriction is only applied to active gems.

Vaal Grace should be highest level possible, and you self-cast it whenever you need it. (so breaches, mostly)

"
En1k174 wrote:
Spoiler
Hey, as someone unexperienced with end game crafting I have few questions. You mentioned that when we first respec into CA we need to get +2 5-link bow, does it mean spam alts till +2 and then slam regal for whatever result without any mastercrafting? If so do we do the same for a cheap 5-link staff? Also can you briefly explain what is paragon prefix (+1 level) and when its guaranteed? I've seen on wiki they craft +mana on staff as well to get +1 level, but couldn't find any explanation why. Thanks

You're correct with +2 bow crafting. It's not even necessary to slam regal, only +2 matter.

As for the staff, nope. You won't get to use ED until later on. You should get lvl 21 CA gem first through levelling it yourself or purchasing. If you decide on buying the gem, then well, you can use the weapon swap ED. Still, only 6-linked staff is really worth it.

+1 Socketed Gems is a prefix that's neither attack nor a spell mod. It's one of the only 2 mods like that for a weapon (non-elder/shaper at least). What metacrafting does, for both bow and staff, is eliminating any attack/spell mods from appearing to guarantee rolling Paragon's prefix. As for the mana... you probably guessed already. It's the second non-attack/spell prefix besides +1 gems.
Hi.

So I basically just switched to CA now and so far I enjoy the play style. Though, the damage feels kinda lackluster against bosses. I even went Trickster. You said the damage would be kinda bad without +3 staff and probably also without a +3 bow (and 21 CA gem), right now I'm running a Q19 level 19 CA while leveling up CA's in my weapon swap.

Heres my gear (doing a bit of quant):
Spoiler

My profile is shared. What do you think the best DPS upgrade to look for next? Just leveling CA and eventually grabbing a 6L +3 bow and staff? What did you do in the beginning of league, which upgrades do/did you prioritize.

Thank you in advance! :D
Last edited by Kayer on Mar 9, 2018, 7:14:42 AM
Well, onslaught testing is probably gonna happen later. Unforunately i died doing normal Atziri for challenge, to the tittybitch. Pure rng death: got crit on the edge of the physical firestorm (or w/e it is), stunlocked and hit 3 times in a row despite spell dodge and my position. Almost instant death.

I would've survived easily if i had CWDT-IC setup. Should be back on track pretty soon.

"
Kayer wrote:
Spoiler
Hi.

So I basically just switched to CA now and so far I enjoy the play style. Though, the damage feels kinda lackluster against bosses. I even went Trickster. You said the damage would be kinda bad without +3 staff and probably also without a +3 bow (and 21 CA gem), right now I'm running a Q19 level 19 CA while leveling up CA's in my weapon swap.

Heres my gear (doing a bit of quant):
Spoiler

My profile is shared. What do you think the best DPS upgrade to look for next? Just leveling CA and eventually grabbing a 6L +3 bow and staff? What did you do in the beginning of league, which upgrades do/did you prioritize.

Thank you in advance! :D

Yep, bosses do take some time to kill. Your Wither totem isn't at it's full power yet. Despite everything it's gonna get better as you upgrade your gear and progress through maps.

Anyway, you should look at Early mapping in levelling/progression section. It has everything about gearing up through maps. The next step says you gotta get that 6-link bow, which is true in your case as well. You easily lose at least 15% more damage. They're cheap as hell anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info