[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

September 30th, 2018
Delve League:
* 2 new encounters added to Monster section.
* Fossil crafting is finished. All the possibilities in 1 place, except fossil bow crafting.

============

I might experiment with colors for navigation. Fossil crafting was absolutely awful without the white font. High chance i'll apply it to all other walls-of-text sections.

"
Jjahvo wrote:
Do i place the green dream here?
Spoiler

Unfortunately this spot doesn't have any resistances in radius for Green Dream to work. You'll have to take duelist's jewel slot:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Sep 30, 2018, 2:53:35 PM
"
DankawSL wrote:
September 30th, 2018
Delve League:
* 2 new encounters added to Monster section.
* Fossil crafting is finished. All the possibilities in 1 place, except fossil bow crafting.

============

I might experiment with colors for navigation. Fossil crafting was absolutely awful without the white font. High chance i'll apply it to all other walls-of-text sections.

"
Jjahvo wrote:
Do i place the green dream here?
Spoiler

Unfortunately this spot doesn't have any resistances in radius for Green Dream to work. You'll have to take duelist's jewel slot:

Thank you for the quick reply.

I need few levels to reach those nodes. :/

Last edited by Jjahvo on Sep 30, 2018, 3:02:01 PM
Oh, i expected you to already take the HP wheel out there. You can also use ranger's jewel slot (the one above frenzy charge). Or you can potentially respec some nodes to quickly get the jewel slot (damage or life i guess).
Beware of the fossil crafting route for +3 bow. OP must have had crazy luck or mine is really awful. I've tried like 10 times now, and I've hit +1 / +1 but can't get +1 / +2 on the prefix rolls. Each time is about 7 or 8 chaos for all the fossils so you can blow through currency quickly. Guess I'll just keep using my crappy +2 porcupine bow forever...
"
Kmeleon2 wrote:
Beware of the fossil crafting route for +3 bow. OP must have had crazy luck or mine is really awful. I've tried like 10 times now, and I've hit +1 / +1 but can't get +1 / +2 on the prefix rolls. Each time is about 7 or 8 chaos for all the fossils so you can blow through currency quickly. Guess I'll just keep using my crappy +2 porcupine bow forever...

Ah the magic of bitching on the forums. Hit it on my next set of 5 fossil crafts!

Thank you for all of your help Dankaw! It's great to see someone put so much time and effort into not only maintaining and upgrading their guide but also in helping out others who are following the guide.

I got lucky picking up a new quiver: was looking for just a cheap iLvl 80 Shaper base that had decent stats, so I could craft +1 arrow on it later... and found this one (it was 1/4 to 1/5 the cost of any other +1 arrow penetrating quiver on the market). It was slightly more than I was looking to pay, but already having +1 arrow, I thought it was well worth it. Going to move away from GMP now, and try running with 2 full damage arrows, see how it feels.

I will work on the hat/jewelry... hoping to find drops to replace those instead of buying them, so I can save for the 6L bow and crafting of that. Once I get all that done, I can work on crafting the Quiver better.

I've run a couple of tier 1 maps and feel pretty good. Ran an un-ID'd rare beach and just plowed through it... although the 2x Boss was a little rough with the freezes, small area to kite, and me forgetting to swap SA for GMP, I made it through okay.

Question on flasks, as this is my first character to really run flasks; do you get flask charges back for hitting bosses, or do you just hope you kill them before you run out of charges/duration?
Last edited by ryoken0367 on Oct 1, 2018, 8:23:53 PM
I have a question about PVP.

I don't know if you play PVP or not, but since I switched from frenzy to onslaught, I get RAPED inside the 1v1 arena.

Maybe it's just a matchup thing, but for the past 3 days I would lose almost all matches, opposite of what was happening prior to me changing to onslaught, where I climbed almost to the number 1 in 2 hours.

I know it isn't a big part of the game but I enjoy playing it, should I just switch back to frenzy, I'm not playing DHC I'm in DSC so the only thing I notice in my build is significant dmg fall off, the more defense you mentioned I just don't notice ingame (maybe because I'm not doing guardians and that other super end game stuff)
Last edited by black_dota on Oct 2, 2018, 3:49:43 AM
"
black_dota wrote:

I don't know if you play PVP or not, but since I switched from frenzy to onslaught, I get RAPED inside the 1v1 arena.

Maybe it's just a matchup thing, but for the past 3 days I would lose almost all matches, opposite of what was happening prior to me changing to onslaught, where I climbed almost to the number 1 in 2 hours.

I know it isn't a big part of the game but I enjoy playing it, should I just switch back to frenzy, I'm not playing DHC I'm in DSC so the only thing I notice in my build is significant dmg fall off, the more defense you mentioned I just don't notice ingame (maybe because I'm not doing guardians and that other super end game stuff)

If you're not hitting a rare or killing an enemy, you're not triggering onslaught. So in a 1v1 PVP setting you're not getting any of the bonuses.

I just switched over to the onslaught path and where it really excels is in high level mapping. It's amazing in my opinion how quickly you move through maps and clear, which really helps with keeping Div Distillate up for me.

But yeah, if you're looking exclusively for a better PVP path I would stick with frenzy. It could also be bad luck with match ups. Even with onslaught I usually put a single CA on someone and they die almost instantly from the DoT tick.
"
Kmeleon2 wrote:
Spoiler
"
Kmeleon2 wrote:

Ah the magic of bitching on the forums. Hit it on my next set of 5 fossil crafts!

15 tries, still cheaper than Catarina's method! You definitely were unlucky here, most people get it within 5 tries from what i've seen. Like i've mentioned, it's less reliable but still cheapest on average (especially with exalts being very expensive).

"
ryoken0367 wrote:
Spoiler
Thank you for all of your help Dankaw! It's great to see someone put so much time and effort into not only maintaining and upgrading their guide but also in helping out others who are following the guide.

I got lucky picking up a new quiver: was looking for just a cheap iLvl 80 Shaper base that had decent stats, so I could craft +1 arrow on it later... and found this one (it was 1/4 to 1/5 the cost of any other +1 arrow penetrating quiver on the market). It was slightly more than I was looking to pay, but already having +1 arrow, I thought it was well worth it. Going to move away from GMP now, and try running with 2 full damage arrows, see how it feels.

I will work on the hat/jewelry... hoping to find drops to replace those instead of buying them, so I can save for the 6L bow and crafting of that. Once I get all that done, I can work on crafting the Quiver better.

I've run a couple of tier 1 maps and feel pretty good. Ran an un-ID'd rare beach and just plowed through it... although the 2x Boss was a little rough with the freezes, small area to kite, and me forgetting to swap SA for GMP, I made it through okay.

Question on flasks, as this is my first character to really run flasks; do you get flask charges back for hitting bosses, or do you just hope you kill them before you run out of charges/duration?

Quiver is really decent, chaos res is awesome to have. Craft higher life and you can keep using it like this. GMP will still feel better for clearing, however 2 arrows are not bad at all.

You already have 6-link bow, you don't need to buy another one. Check the crafting section, your bow is on step 2 classic method. I can provide mastercrafting service in case you need it, just catch me online.

You should really finish labyrinth, first normal and cruel take really short time to do so. Just go to top right corner (more top than right tho)

I don't really rely on flasks on bosses, just kite the boss around. He'll be lucky if he hits you. Later on you should be able to have the flasks active through whole fight anyway (~10-12 seconds).

"
black_dota wrote:
Spoiler

Technically, switching frenzy -> onslaught should have no real effect on PvP ability. It's actually even better in case someone uses any type of summon. You won't be able to get maximum frenzy charges to really benefit from frenzy path.

You should try this for PvP. Will give you full phasing and onslaught benefit, instantly:

I picked up the 6-link bow shortly after making that post. Had someone who was willing to take different currency (I had a fair bit of jewelers, not a lot of chaos) in trade, so was able to pick it up sooner than I expected to be able to. Took ~300 Alts and ~65 augs to get the +2 with a decent suffix, and that was only the second time I saw it (first was with mana on kill, which you said can make it hard to keep Divination Distillate up, so I kept going).

Once I get a few more Chaos, and the master levels to remove the life craft (almost there, just a couple more days of Dailies I hope), I'll work on crafting it higher, thank you for the tip.

I did some clearing last night, and 2 arrows feels pretty good. It doesn't spread as much as with GMP, but with full damage on the DoT I would say I'm clearing a little faster than I was with GMP, because I had to wait for mobs to die. The biggest difference for me is I don't have to remember to swap gems for bosses, making those fights *much* easier (because I never remembered). One thing I notice is that arrows are missing a decent amount or I'm really bad at aiming with 2 arrows. I think it's misses because my accuracy seems a little low (88%), is that normal?

I will likely take you up on that mastercrafting service soon, thank you! I need to feel some luck and I'll regal the bow, then try to catch you online to get it finished out.

*Edit* Regaled the bow, and got lucky: Got a suffix (even got a pretty decent suffix, increased projectile speed). If I can catch you online, would love to finish out the craft. I think I have just enough currency to make it happen, just not there on the masters yet.

*Edit 2* Thank you Dankaw, very happy with the end result!

Overall, although I've been enjoying the build since I started it, I feel it's really starting to come together and it feels amazing. Your thorough guide and advice has made the trip a lot of fun, and the build itself is really quite enjoyable.
Last edited by ryoken0367 on Oct 2, 2018, 7:47:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info