[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
SaoDiSeng wrote:
the Scion tree is actually a Raider tree. Pls fix.

I don't think it's meant to be a Scion Skilltree. It just says that the Skilltree uses the Scion Life Cluster.

@ DankawSL
Thanks for your Feedback. I played around a little bit more and I guess for starting out it may be better to take the frenzy charges instead of a lot of jewels.
For Endgame i will maybe try to go for frenzy and 4-5 jewel slots with dropping some life nodes while doing so i would aim for lvl 95.

In case someone is interested I'll provide the PoB.
Note that the trees are rly not that different from DankawSL current tree.

https://pastebin.com/nW736A6T

Thanks for your great work DankawSL!
Last edited by Isaac1337 on Aug 30, 2018, 10:20:26 AM
Heya, thanks for the awesome build guide; I used to play CA MF as my league starter years ago but just got tired when I went on to RF totems (which is nerfed but eh.. :v) and other builds.

Curious question although this is not exactly a Poison-focused build, do you think that the same tree can be used as a Pathfinder and can transition to be a Poison build using the same passive tree? (I was thinking of switching from DoT focused to Poison around mid-game)
played ur build on 3.2 killed shaper with ease.Want to try again 3.4 for the caustic arrow hype.want to go fr pathfinder? will miss huge def tho,+3 bow is good or phys dmg bow.Waitng fr ur update :)
Very interested in your build, looks great! Been looking over it for a while now, as there are a lot of CA builds popping up as you can imagine.. but this one seems time-tested and true.

Looking forward to the updates, as this will likely be my league starter.. If it could do U.elder before the CA rework then the damage it can build up in 3.4 will be intense.
Hi :),

Loving the guide and going to use as my league starter this Friday. Just wanted to see if you had a leveling guide that wasn't based on twink gear. A league starter friendly one or can i just follow the guide as is but ignore the uniques and get the best rares i can for those slots?

Thanks,
Wow, that's a big pile of comments. I'll reply to them all but first - progress on the guide update:

Everything is done except levelling section (oh god) and classic CA+ED section (which shouldn't be that difficult). There will be minor tweaks here and there but nothing major.

There's currently only 1 concern i have, CA mana cost was lowered. That means it might be much harder to control the mana pool for the Divination Distillate. I've deleted mana regeneration from jewellery requirement and the new CA only route has 20% increased mana regen instead of 40% of classic one. It might be enough, or it might not. Let's hope for the best, don't quality your MF flask just in case.

It also very negatively impacts MF setups with Goldwyrm, i'll try to fix it later once i take care of other sections.

"
SaoDiSeng wrote:

It indicates that the build picks up Scion life wheel, i've used that keyword in the older version of the build. I'm changing it in the next version of PoB that i'll share once PoB reflects 3.4 gem changes.
"
Isaac1337 wrote:
Spoiler
"
SaoDiSeng wrote:

I don't think it's meant to be a Scion Skilltree. It just says that the Skilltree uses the Scion Life Cluster.

@ DankawSL
Thanks for your Feedback. I played around a little bit more and I guess for starting out it may be better to take the frenzy charges instead of a lot of jewels.
For Endgame i will maybe try to go for frenzy and 4-5 jewel slots with dropping some life nodes while doing so i would aim for lvl 95.

In case someone is interested I'll provide the PoB.
Note that the trees are rly not that different from DankawSL current tree.

https://pastebin.com/nW736A6T

Thanks for your great work DankawSL!

No problem man, thanks for the kind words!
"
luciel_kun27 wrote:
Spoiler
Heya, thanks for the awesome build guide; I used to play CA MF as my league starter years ago but just got tired when I went on to RF totems (which is nerfed but eh.. :v) and other builds.

Curious question although this is not exactly a Poison-focused build, do you think that the same tree can be used as a Pathfinder and can transition to be a Poison build using the same passive tree? (I was thinking of switching from DoT focused to Poison around mid-game)

Sure, why not. It will require minor changes to the passive tree to better support poison, mostly chance to poison i believe. Nothing that can't be solved within 20 free respec points
"
Joyobroto wrote:
played ur build on 3.2 killed shaper with ease.Want to try again 3.4 for the caustic arrow hype.want to go fr pathfinder? will miss huge def tho,+3 bow is good or phys dmg bow.Waitng fr ur update :)

Welcome back, i'm happy you've had success with my build in the past!

All 5 ascendancies i provide trees for are really good to support new CA. There's only one that's invincible against attacks tho. +3 bow is still best if you want to support DoT, if you prefer poison based build then definitely pick high phys bow.
"
ramz86 wrote:
Spoiler
Very interested in your build, looks great! Been looking over it for a while now, as there are a lot of CA builds popping up as you can imagine.. but this one seems time-tested and true.

Looking forward to the updates, as this will likely be my league starter.. If it could do U.elder before the CA rework then the damage it can build up in 3.4 will be intense.

Yep, the damage potential is massive. It might be almost doubled if you were to use classic CA+ED build. The new CA only focused build should reach same amount of damage as the old build.
"
Spoiler
Hi :),

Loving the guide and going to use as my league starter this Friday. Just wanted to see if you had a leveling guide that wasn't based on twink gear. A league starter friendly one or can i just follow the guide as is but ignore the uniques and get the best rares i can for those slots?

Thanks,

Old non-tweak levelling focused on elemental bow. That should no longer be necessary so i've deleted it. I'm currently in process of remaking levelling section (especially act 1-10). It will be ready before the league starts. Pure CA levelling obviously.

Old elemental bow levelling can be found in archived 3.3 guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Thinking about a trickster version of CA. My skilltree is almost the same with yours.

Im not sure about 2 options in the gem section:

First, i need to wait for pob implement the new HoAG gem. Maybe its a huge QoL for clearspeed. Maybe im gona skip this and will go stone/chaos golem like you.

Second, what u think about goin GMP/SP instead of goin DoFF? Gona focus on dealing daamge with the dot; so we wont get any leach for guaranteed full life. Cheers for the built and hf with the CA meta :D
MAN THIS IS WHAT I BEEN LOOKING FOR.

Thanks for the build and sharing. How is clear speed and survivability?

i kinda die a lot cause i'm a noob and suck.

thanks,
EDIT:

answered :)
Last edited by Edeka on Aug 30, 2018, 4:22:05 PM
Is this leveling guide for standard league? What point of it lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info