[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

So I spent a ton crafting this. Is it as good as I think it is?
Just started this earlier today and having a fucking blast!

Noticed res is not really a worry at all so ended up just getting like 1c jewelry since only thing really cared about was HP.

Just finalized crafting my +3 Maraketh Bow and bought a cheapy +1 quiver.

Been using Malevolence and clarity but honestly don't see any issues with mana unless I am running it wrong, only using Vaal grace, not the actual grace since not enough mana reserved.

What are some key points in upgrades to aim for for the upcoming levels since so capped on res don't see much difficulty asides from quiver/weapon, have about 2ex to my name atm.

Thanks all!

Last edited by Bob123aka on Dec 25, 2019, 4:58:20 AM
Better Damage on full life, or empower level 3? (I can´t adquire level 4 for now)...
"
Vyr75 wrote:
Better Damage on full life, or empower level 3? (I can´t adquire level 4 for now)...

Damage on full life is a bit more dps then empower 3, but I've switched to empower because on red maps it's hard to have constant full life.
"
basta1982 wrote:
As i haven't got the time to play the current league, i decided to check how the build may perform, if you can invest big time into crafting in standard league. So i am currently working on a complete setup, mostly with leftovers from past leagues (played the build the past 3 leagues) and new crafted items.

Currently i already got:

The gloves i'll most likely finish with aisling and for the amulet i need to gather some more currency first. Have to go for boots and rings afterwards, which might be tricky, because i still need quite some resistances (want to cap chaos resistance as well). And of course some divining an hillock quality still to do as well...

It's fun and i am really curious how well the build will perform with this much investment.

Its possible to craft a quiver like that?... or chaos spam lucky...

Last edited by Vyr75 on Dec 25, 2019, 3:13:40 PM
I've gone for the incredibly lazy option (as I'm on MSC) of using a Mark of Submission with a Despair gem as I find I don't need Frenzy to clear maps. I miss around 150-200 HP from a second ring, but since it's still easy to resist cap, get over 5.5k hp, and being on softcore, it saves the hassle of having to keep using Frenzy to get a curse on first when not doing bosses. I can still use the Frenzy-GMP-CoH-Despair option for bosses to not lose the extra damage from CoH boost Despair. Just found it a bit better QoL when mass-farming maps.

This is a really great build though; thanks for making and sharing it. It'll definitely be my go-to for my starter league builds going forward as it was so cheap and easy to get going, and I'm even enjoying pushing towards end-game mapping this league. Only thing that really kills me (around 12 deaths at the moment), other than me being an idiot, is Chaos damage death blobs from Hunter trash that instantly spawns and spits 30 Chaos projectiles at you, or Chaos damage degen pools on very high level Meta bosses that are next to impossible to see.

Thanks again, awesome build and guide.
Loving the build again this league. lvl 92 and no deaths (although im on softcore league). 300k tooltip, 6.5k life.
My greatest treasure so far :p and currently working on crafting a hunter amulet with abberants.

EDIT: Took about 30 tries I think
Delirium IGN: Language
Last edited by reetismatic on Dec 26, 2019, 12:38:24 PM
Running the Pathfinder variant and having a blast. Done this build for three straight leagues and this variant is a lot more fun than Raider was last league!

Do we really need Piercing Shots? I'm thinking of undoing those three nodes, grabbing the other two nodes on the Growth and Decay tree and keeping the last point towards a jewel slot.
"
reetismatic wrote:
Loving the build again this league. lvl 92 and no deaths (although im on softcore league). 300k tooltip, 6.5k life.
My greatest treasure so far :p and currently working on crafting a hunter amulet with abberants.

EDIT: Took about 30 tries I think

How did you craft that amulet my friend?... thanks... Its necesary any item level in the amulet?
Last edited by Vyr75 on Dec 26, 2019, 2:48:41 PM
I just wanted to say thanks for the guide, it is very thorough and well written. it is helping my decidedly casual self navigate the current metamorph league.

I'm playing SSF and in early maps with a few watchstones now, and not having any problems even with my very poor gear. however a couple of questions have come up and I wondered if someone here might know the answers.

First: farming specific Maps - since the Atlas has changed, I want to make sure my understanding is still correct - Basically I'm hunting up imperial Legacy cards. I was not able to make desert my only tier 2, but Dunes is my only complete tier 3. my question is it still true that magic and rare mobs that drop a +1 level map will only drop from the completed maps in the tier up? so that tier 2 maps mobs that would drop a tier 3 map will have to drop a Dunes if it is my only completed tier 3? I'm having trouble getting Dunes to drop, and i wanted to understand whether it is the new atlas mechanic, or my abysmal luck this league. Also, are adjacent maps the best source of the map I want (re: Underground Sea) or do maps now drop by region? Thanks.

Second, and this is more of a general question, why isn't the notable passive Farsight part of this build? The FAQ is pretty clear that if it's not mentioned in the build, it's because there is a jewel that is better. Playing SSF, I'm struggling to think of a jewel unique or otherwise I'm likely to get in SSF that gives me damage over time, accuracy, and attack speed with bows in one place. I'm assuming I'm missing some understanding of the math involved here, because a quick look at the heat map for similar builds on POE Ninja shows this to be an unused notable for the more part - I'm just not sure why. I'm trying to improve my understanding of builds in general, so if someone could fill me in I would appreciate it.

Thanks again for the build - while I enjoyed Blight more for SSF progression, this build has gone a long way to making this an enjoyable league - I have never died so few times with a league starter as with this one and with my skill level, that's actually saying something :-)
We are the people our parents warned us about...
Jimmy Buffet

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info