[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
MKDE wrote:
Spoiler
@DankawSL There something I don't understand. Why do you think I should consider Toxic rain. I thought CA kill monsters faster. I know I don't have mana problem. I can just stack toxic pods, but still I think CA clear map faster.

about DOT/s I'm not sure which one is better.(I bet TR is better) If you can explain why I should go toxic rain that would be great.

Thank you in advance.

I found Aul no rippy mods so decided to try it.

I killed him without dying. This is my first time fighting Aul so its very messy. I know I spam my flask a lot can't really help it :(

I used pantheon Soul of Solaris for this one.

https://youtu.be/-JGGLQzfTpw
I killed every boss with this build deathless. feels good man. I know I know it's softcore :(.

btw I just realized that people in softcore are pushing delve because after depth 6k, there are no mods at all and a lot of fossils nodes. I thought people just do it for fun or trying to push their build. This is so broken IMO. pepehands :(

I meant using TR for delve exclusively, since it has higher damage potential thanks to stackable DoT. For maps, CA should have upper hand due to faster clear speed (many people who used TR when it released also found CA to be better for map clear).

Gratz on killing Aul, this is the first one i've seen from people showcasing their boss kills around here. I like the fact you used Solaris for this fight, it's one of those few cases where it's truly worth changing the pantheon at all.

It didn't look too rippy without extra damage mods to be honest. His phys damage is 75% converted to cold, so any extra X% of phys as elemental mod almost doubles his damage output. Good to know in general.

Yes, extremely deep delves are insanely profitable, all the same nodes everywhere. As profitable as it is, it takes huge time investment to get there. Most people don't spend this much time over entire league's length, maybe even two. Never heard about 6k+ delve not having any mods at all. They don't matter too much at that point to be fair, since everything oneshots you anyway.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
btw I already hit level 100 with CA. so I'm going to try your bleed build or maybe other builds to learn more stuff. I made a lot of currency with this build. had a lot of fun MFing T16 with fortify.

Just want to talk about MF. I think it isn't that important. the fact that you can do every content with this build should make you rich enough. crafting maps with this build is easy, because you can run almost every map mods with common sense ofc.

The most important thing about making currency in this game for me is to play the build you have fun playing.

So Thank you for amazing build. I enjoyed every second playing this build.

I hope one day I can have some eargasm (bleedplosion, shattering, profane bloom etc.) with this build.
Just wanted to say thanks for the build (just took down U.Elder).

i didnt enjoy the leveling experience but once the gear and high 72 range gets in the build became a blast.
Thank you for the great build write up, I am enjoying leveling it currently. I have a question about crafting the bow. Does the base need to be Maraketh? I understand I will lose out on the movement speed if I go with a short bow or imperial. But should I just save up currency to purchase the 6L Maraketh or is it okay to purchase the cheaper and craft?
"
krut0n wrote:
Thank you for the great build write up, I am enjoying leveling it currently. I have a question about crafting the bow. Does the base need to be Maraketh? I understand I will lose out on the movement speed if I go with a short bow or imperial. But should I just save up currency to purchase the 6L Maraketh or is it okay to purchase the cheaper and craft?

I think Maraketh is really good for higher content, you need to dodge everything by yourself. but as a raider you already have a lot of MS so it isn't really needed. In synthesis league I didn't use Maraketh and I was fine and managed to finish all contents. However if I can choose I would choose Maraketh.

If you playing in SC trade league right now. It's really a dead league. Its going to be very expensive to buy 6l elder Maraketh and those bows might have some affix that you don't want.

I'm not sure how you can acquire elder Maraketh except from farming T14+ maps with elder influence and elder scarab. That is how I got my elder Maraketh bow,
or you can just buy elder Maraketh(ilvl83+) and 6 link it by yourself should be cheaper.

tbh 6-link(+3 normal bow) with crafted 40 Chaos DOT multiplier and Empower 3 or 4 should be able to kill uber elder easily.

I'm not OP. This is just my opinion. Hope its help.
Last edited by MKDE on Nov 15, 2019, 2:01:12 AM
"
MKDE wrote:
Spoiler
btw I already hit level 100 with CA. so I'm going to try your bleed build or maybe other builds to learn more stuff. I made a lot of currency with this build. had a lot of fun MFing T16 with fortify.

Just want to talk about MF. I think it isn't that important. the fact that you can do every content with this build should make you rich enough. crafting maps with this build is easy, because you can run almost every map mods with common sense ofc.

The most important thing about making currency in this game for me is to play the build you have fun playing.

So Thank you for amazing build. I enjoyed every second playing this build.

I hope one day I can have some eargasm (bleedplosion, shattering, profane bloom etc.) with this build.

That was quick, another person who hit lvl 100 to the collection. I didn't play bleed bow in a while (3.5 last time) since it's harder to obtain essences required for crafting in SSF. That means i don't know how good it feels nowadays, especially after the nerf to +2 TS proj enchantment. Still should be really solid. You can expect some parts to be a bit outdated.

My stance on MF is similar, unless you zoom zoom through maps at the speed of light there's no reason to invest into it. CA simply isn't fast enough due to it's mechanics. It's easier to make currency just by playing the game like usual.

"
krut0n wrote:
Spoiler

I specify "highest AS base OR Maraketh bow". The "OR" is important. Maraketh isn't the highest AS base but offers something extra, making it noteworthy option to consider. Any bow with base 1.4 AS or better is good enough.

Just buy the cheap, good base. Imperial bows are cheap as hell due to common divination card.
I couldn't find a ton of information on this, but how important is accuracy for CA? If I plan on using pierce on the tree?
@DankawSL I want to give an update on delving at depth 600 with CA. So I tried both SA with good gear and CA with good gear. I can say with knowledge CA raider is way safer. Righ now I can delve at depth 600 easily with Frostwall ofc.

ofc due to our limited in clearing it won't outperform SA in deep deep delve where you delve to 1k and die 1k times. but at depth 600+ with knowledge about nodes encounter and monsters, it's really doable without dying.

The information you used to have about delving certainly help, So if anybody want to delve with this build, I just want to say it's actually not bad.
All the loots at depth 600 is actually really good.

Now at depth: 600. Most of the bosses are dangerous, but it's mechanic fight anyway. Saying that fighting Aul with haste and onslaught is too hard.

I wouldn't go pass depth 700+ for my own sanity. I don't want to just die and try again until I succeed.

If you asking me will I delve at depth 600 in HC. I would say no. I'll stop at 200. Yep I'm a pussy.

one more question for you @DankawSL. Should I try HC again? last time It didn't end well. Will it make me more depressed? There is something I don't like about SC economy, It's feel broken and I can't explain why.

Exilecon is over, thought i would share my views on PoE 2 and upcoming 3.9 league.

Path of Exile 2
Looks absolutely amazing. Seems we're back to darker fantasy setting which PoE should always fit in - and i don't think it's currently the case after release of 3.0 with all the god slaying. I absolutely await the new story.

The next keypoint i love is revamped gem system which is game changing. Current skill system in PoE is heavily limited by links, the more sockets linked the much higher damage output. Many builds can only have one 6-link. GGG added extra ways to obtain extra 6-links, but it still limits your choices quite heavily with reduced amount of possible utility setups. This is no longer the case with new system. It encourages using multiple attack skills for different situations (so primarly clear skill + single target). Keep in mind this build used to use CA+ED in order to beat all of the content. This playstyle might return.

Those are the major points i absolutely love about future expansion. Besides that i see PoE2 as an overall upgrade in almost every aspect. I'm questioning adding extra 19 ascendancy classes, seems like a balancing nightmare. It's still over 1 year away so GGG does have a lot of time to polish their game.
3.9 - Conquerors of the Atlas + Metamorph
Massive shake up to existing atlas strategies, i like it. This means i'll most likely focus on boss killing this league rather than going for level 100. New atlas progression kind of forces that anyway.

I'm not very excited about newest league. It's kinda interesting but at the same time it doesn't seem to have interesting end game. I guess newest bosses do fill that gap. It's all about crafting it seems, and it should be EXTREMELY powerful with the new versions of exalted orbs and catalysts.

Bow rework might shake up build a little. Addition of Arrow Nova support might make CA amazing for clearing open maps, especially if you pair it with fork. Obviously you would need damage overkill for that, but at the same time monsters are about to be buffed so it might take extra investment. New options are also EXTREMELY interesting for bleed. My other guide most likely receives big update this league.

"
Chaseroonie1 wrote:
I couldn't find a ton of information on this, but how important is accuracy for CA? If I plan on using pierce on the tree?

Not much. With 2 arrows you'll pretty much always hit few enemies while aiming at the monster pack. For single enemy you'll be aim at his position / path so arrows can explode there.

Accuracy is good for consistent Cursed Frenzy setup, but that's where accuracy support gem comes into play.

"
MKDE wrote:
Spoiler
@DankawSL I want to give an update on delving at depth 600 with CA. So I tried both SA with good gear and CA with good gear. I can say with knowledge CA raider is way safer. Righ now I can delve at depth 600 easily with Frostwall ofc.

ofc due to our limited in clearing it won't outperform SA in deep deep delve where you delve to 1k and die 1k times. but at depth 600+ with knowledge about nodes encounter and monsters, it's really doable without dying.

The information you used to have about delving certainly help, So if anybody want to delve with this build, I just want to say it's actually not bad.
All the loots at depth 600 is actually really good.

Now at depth: 600. Most of the bosses are dangerous, but it's mechanic fight anyway. Saying that fighting Aul with haste and onslaught is too hard.

I wouldn't go pass depth 700+ for my own sanity. I don't want to just die and try again until I succeed.

If you asking me will I delve at depth 600 in HC. I would say no. I'll stop at 200. Yep I'm a pussy.

one more question for you @DankawSL. Should I try HC again? last time It didn't end well. Will it make me more depressed? There is something I don't like about SC economy, It's feel broken and I can't explain why.

You said you wouldn't go past 500 depth, and yet you're almost at 650 currently. Anyway it's good to learn a bit about CA's performance in depth.

You're so concerned about dying in softcore (where you lose nothing, really) that i wouldn't recommend hardcore. Next league with new boss fight you don't know it might very easily result in death. What you could do is make a test run in HC right now and see how you're doing. Economy is probably dead at this point, but you should be able to buy at least that 6-link bow... i hope.
I think need good rework in 3.9 and new ballistas is viable for this build ?

GGG dont talk about if synthesis league is turn core in next expansion but show in slide together another leagues.

My hype is over 8000 hahaha.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info