[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
Terrutas wrote:
Viewing the new passive tree, didn't we lose a bunch of life by not getting the constitution nodes now? Or am I missing something?
If I understand correctly, we gave those up in favor of Heavy and Deadly draw?

Tree lost exactly 14% increased maximum life (7% is from jewel) which accounts for ~5% of total life pool. The damage gain (~15% more i think?) and some extra AoE is worth it especially before you get +1 arrow quiver. It's a fair trade off. The primary problem i have with the new tree is losing life recovery from flask nodes. Old 3.6 is still totally viable if you prefer that route.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Nah I agree with your decision. I was just wondering if perhaps there was some life gain I wasn't seeing. Thanks for the quick reply. good luck
If u were playing SC instead of HC would you still go raider or would you go for trickster?
Hi guys, total noob here, is getting the poison skills like in your tree a good idea since the chaos damage from the arrows is not poison and you are not intended to shoot a lot, just the necessary to refresh the caustic?
"
Bojaroff wrote:
If u were playing SC instead of HC would you still go raider or would you go for trickster?

Yes, the amount of QoL and avoidance you get from Raider is just amazing. I'm addicted to it. Trickster also got decently nerfed this league, so it's not as dominant as before (but still really good).

"
ael1985 wrote:
Hi guys, total noob here, is getting the poison skills like in your tree a good idea since the chaos damage from the arrows is not poison and you are not intended to shoot a lot, just the necessary to refresh the caustic?

Wording is extremely important in PoE. All of these "poison" nodes also work for any DoT or Chaos damage caused by bow skills.
Trickster got decently nerfed, but is it still one of the top performing ascendancy, or do the Pathfinder and Raider ascendancies outshine it? Thanks.
hello again!
any huge changes?
nerfs?
Level 75, top 50 when i logged off. Some stuff i noticed and potential changes to the build:

* Animation cancelling is amazing, also effectively a boost to clear speed.
* Dash also feels great. Once you get used to it and get sufficient gear, then you just zoom through the game quickly. Definitely gonna add to the build, or at least for leveling.
* League mechanic is scary, big mobs have really strong attacks that you should better avoid
* In earlier act it's very tough to decently clear legion content. They're scattered too thin. As you progress through acts and density increases - so will your clearing abilities. Additional arrows (GMP or +3 arrows) are going to be necessary to tag all monsters in the map.

* Evasion seems to be nerfed quite badly with accuracy changes. I've been getting hit much more often than before the patch. Heavier investment might be necessary.
* Later on i'll test if Flesh and Stone can change stances without Blood and Sand.
* Passive tree now gives 35% increased AoE. It makes quite big difference, i'm considering using Efficacy over Concentrated Effect and focus on single arrow. Gonna test it out tomorrow.

Some other stuff worth mentioning:
* Legion mobs drop A LOT of rares. I think it was my smoothest levelling so far gear-wise.
* Imperial Legacy card (6-link imperial bow) drops in T1 Desert map. It might be worth farming it, i know i will attempt to do so. Definitely best way to obtain 6-link quickly, as maps that drop The Porcupine card are very high tier this league.

"
Gesangvoll wrote:
Trickster got decently nerfed, but is it still one of the top performing ascendancy, or do the Pathfinder and Raider ascendancies outshine it? Thanks.

It's mostly a matter of preference. Trickster is strong in general with sustain, mitigation and damage. Raider's QoL, speed and defences are great and make all the difference.

Legion is dangerous, i would only suggest tanky ascendancies this league.

"
fuksdelux wrote:
hello again!
any huge changes?
nerfs?

Passive tree got changed, that's kinda it. I've made summary of other noteworthy stuff above.
Last edited by DankawSL on Jun 8, 2019, 3:52:59 AM
I'm a new player and have a question on the Bandit Rewards for this build. I saw the skill tree that is in the OP mentions level 93, so if you choose a Bandit Reward that isn't the 2 passive skill points, can't you still get all the nodes in the tree you want anyway?

And for most Ranger builds, why is Kraitlyn seen as bad, when it seems tailor made for evasion builds? Why do you recommend Oak vs. Alira?

Last question, is the skill tree the most up to date on the main post? Thanks for this write up so far it’s been helpful as a new player!
Most guides should and will provide final passive tree for level 90-95. At 95 the xp gain really starts to drop and people simple make a new character instead.

Kraityn's reward is not worth it stat wise, you can very easily replace it. Killing all bandits is default choice for majority of builds. Crit builds pick up Alira for crit multiplier. Oak is quite OK defensively with 1% regen and 2% phys damage reduction, that's why i left it as an option.

Yes, the guide is as fresh as it can be.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info