[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Hey ! I wanted to thank you for your guide ! You have done a great job with many different sections helping new players.

I wanted to ask which bow is the best in end game, the elder one or a synthesys one with +1 gem implicit.
If the elder one is still better, what about +1 gem +1 bow gem or +1 gem + 1 support gem ?

And if you have time i'll take any tip you'd have on my gear.

Have a great day!
In Synthesis League section i clearly state that synthesised bows are stronger. However the market prices are complete scam (multiple times the crafting cost) and self-crafting is confusing to majority of the players. Elder bows are simple to craft but are slightly worse.

To remind, Synthesis is not going core.

About your gear: seems really good overall
* Your quiver is missing life, it's extremely important
* You're missing Cursed Frenzy setup
* You're not utilizing second weapon slot to level gems (and i do mention it in the levelling guide).
* Your passive tree is not following guide's suggested tree.
* Because you skipped Druidic Route notable, you have problems with mana and are forced to use mana flask.
* Utility flasks have wrong mods (again, it's important point)

I also really hate term "the best" in PoE. It equals to item that's basically unobtainable for 99% of the players or even less. It might not even exist in the first place. Everyone wants to be "the best", but without huge commitment it's only wishful thinking. Most of the time it's simply better to use worse items/builds, because they're usually much cheaper while their power is not far off from top builds/gear.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on May 18, 2019, 10:16:09 AM
Hey !

Thanks a lot for your reply ! I forgot about 2nd weapon my bad ! I'll multicraft the quiver for the life roll ! And yeah i know i didn't strictly follow the passive tree, i think i started with one to do the other one afterwards. I'll add flask mod right away!

Have a great day !
Hey! what do you replace vicious projectiles with after you get the elder bow?
i play this build since tommorow and ask me whats the best time to change the leveling items:

Iam now level 33 and thinks get a little harder :)

Can someone give me advices at all :D
Very fun build. I wanted to use the Synth Event to try a ranger/bow character & felt like trying pathfinder - enjoying it a lot & may even play it next season (depending on melee changes), although I can see why you recommend raider.

I found your explanation for the skill duration nodes, but would like some info on your reasoning for the 16 passive points spent getting Art of Gladiator & its follow ons.

For 15 points, you could pick up 4x jewel nodes and Blood Drinker. You could then use jewels which all have +life, and with a mix of evasion/dps nodes for their 2nd/3rd affixes (I'm ignoring 4th due to expense).

You'd end up ahead by 2-10% life, some evasion, and ~30% damage, at the cost of some strength (which you could spend the 16th point on iff needed), attack/projectile speed (which you could do via jewels), global accuracy, life regen & movement penalty reduction.

Is this a situation where you're recommending the simpler option over a marginally superior alternative that's fiddly to set up? Or is there another reason?

Also a quick noob to evasion question - is there a cap at 75%, or is it just coincidence that I'm struggling to get more at that number? PoB shows it going higher but with flask up I've yet to manage to get it past 75% in-game.
"
Sonnyyx wrote:
Hey! what do you replace vicious projectiles with after you get the elder bow?

I only ever mention 6 support gems, Empower being the last since it's drop only gem and needs lvl 3 to be any good. You should have it BEFORE acquiring elder bow.

"
PattyWin wrote:
Spoiler
i play this build since tommorow and ask me whats the best time to change the leveling items:

Iam now level 33 and thinks get a little harder :)

Can someone give me advices at all :D

There's a levelling section that explains everything. Blood Acqueducts is the moment where most builds are preparing their real gear, this one is no different.

"
Lakh wrote:
Spoiler
Very fun build. I wanted to use the Synth Event to try a ranger/bow character & felt like trying pathfinder - enjoying it a lot & may even play it next season (depending on melee changes), although I can see why you recommend raider.

I found your explanation for the skill duration nodes, but would like some info on your reasoning for the 16 passive points spent getting Art of Gladiator & its follow ons.

For 15 points, you could pick up 4x jewel nodes and Blood Drinker. You could then use jewels which all have +life, and with a mix of evasion/dps nodes for their 2nd/3rd affixes (I'm ignoring 4th due to expense).

You'd end up ahead by 2-10% life, some evasion, and ~30% damage, at the cost of some strength (which you could spend the 16th point on iff needed), attack/projectile speed (which you could do via jewels), global accuracy, life regen & movement penalty reduction.

Is this a situation where you're recommending the simpler option over a marginally superior alternative that's fiddly to set up? Or is there another reason?

Also a quick noob to evasion question - is there a cap at 75%, or is it just coincidence that I'm struggling to get more at that number? PoB shows it going higher but with flask up I've yet to manage to get it past 75% in-game.

Your jewel suggestion... you lose quite a lot, don't you think? The benefit is really minor compared to all QoL you get (especially life regen that i greatly value) at no cost. Now consider this is beginner friendly guide with realistic gear and goals. The necessary items are reduced to minimum. BiS gear and how to craft it can found in crafting section, so veterans are not left out.

The tree itself fits perfectly for level 100, where you can pick up three 2-socket jewel slots.

Evade chance caps at 95%, it's only possible with Raider or very heavy investment into evasion and +X% evade chance items. This build is for Raider after all and is optimized for this ascendancy. Realistically, Pathfinder won't reach that number.
As i've done in the past, i wanted share my thoughts on the league plus new potential changes to the build it might provide.

League itself can't fail like Synthesis league did. GGG used good old "click thing and kill lots of mobs with good rewards". Considering league mechanics, it's basically Breach v2. Unless bugs/glitches/crashes appear, i can't see it being hated. Oh well, the bosses could end up overtuned i guess. The wait time might trigger some people too.

Legion doesn't seem to introduce any new crafting systems. The only possible changes i see are in passive tree and uniques (doubt this one). The unique jewels could also provide strong potential bonuses.

Other than that, i already shared potential improvements to the guide earlier. Nothing changed since then. I'll probably start working on some of the stuff i mentioned soon.

Oh, and Jonathan hinted some changes to bleed/poison. My other guide might become much more active as a result and would require more attention, especially with all potential changes.
Whats the reason to grab the fury bold node, if we respec the points around ballistic mastery?

Iam happy for every advice on my gear / gems / tree

)
Ascendancy Order: Way of a Poacher (1st Frenzy) -> Avatar of Chase (Onslaught) ->
-> respec Way of the Poacher (merciless lab) -> Avatar of Veil (Phasing)

2nd must be named Rapid Assault, or?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info