[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Last league it was like 2-4C
Ive loved playing this build so far but i find myself at level 90 with 200k tt dot and 169k pob dot, i followed the tree nearly to a tee and have a +3 bow, lvl 3 empower, and 21 ca.
pls help
PoB: https://pastebin.com/FVWXY8b2
Last edited by officialduck on Mar 12, 2019, 10:53:14 PM
"
Spoiler
Hello. Wanted to say thanks for the guide. Ive tried this build many times first time I feel confident.

I looked through many Posts.

I have a 6 link Chest and a 6 link bow what should I be running? I always just see 1 6 link covered above. Or Im blind and sorry... :(

On Frenzy I just never see myself using it wouldn't Agony Crawler put it up easier then using a different Skill? . I just have had no need for frenzy at this time it just sits there. Bosses already dies supper fast from CA and Totems.

Thanks
Simple

I mention multiple times in the guide to use crafted bow. My own end game gear does't have 6-linked chest, because it's almost pointless.

Frenzy is there to stay. It will get very handy eventually.

FAQ: How about scaling Herald of Agony minion?
A: This build does not focus on poison and therefore Herald of Agony isn't going to be very reliable or powerful tool. The opportunity cost is simply too high.

Primary issues are virulence stack generation and high mana reservation cost (4-link+) or underwhelming damage (3-link or worse). You can convert the build to include the scorpion, but it's not worth it at all.

"
Gesangvoll wrote:
Kintsugi is insanely pricey atm....

Not really. Nearly everything can be obtained cheaper than direct purchase, you just have to be smart about it. Search Deadly Rivalry IV, it's the prophecy chain that drops Kintsugi. Fulfill prophecy, do some more during mapping and eventually you will hit that last one. Or you can buy last chain, but the price increases a lot.

Also early on in the league people always overprice items. It's normal, the price will drop soon.

"
officialduck wrote:
Ive loved playing this build so far but i find myself at level 90 with 200k tt dot and 169k pob dot, i followed the tree nearly to a tee and have a +3 bow, lvl 3 empower, and 21 ca.
pls help
PoB: https://pastebin.com/FVWXY8b2

What am i supposed to help you with, get more damage? More defence?

You're missing Jade Flask of Reflexes that i SPECIFICALLY said is required. Your passive tree isn't the same as what i provide. Gem setup is a mess, your blink arrow setup is... i don't know what it is. Wither totem setup is incomplete. No Vaal Grace, no CWDT setup (you should have one already tbh). You should use lvl 20 -> lvl 1 20% quality recipe to gain damage in the long run, cheaper that way.

Your gear is really good so there's not much to improve. Only the jewel is straight up useless, get a decent one.

Damage wise, your PoB doesn't have frenzy charges checked. Empower 4 is best bet to increase your damage. Synthesised +1 gems bow is next best upgrade, but atm it's expensive and i will create guide for it eventually.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Mar 13, 2019, 8:15:12 AM
Not bad for day 6 in the league:

"
Krazy_X wrote:

also my first craft ever ;)
https://clips.twitch.tv/RoundFairAsteriskFloof
"
fuksdelux wrote:
"
Krazy_X wrote:

also my first craft ever ;)
https://clips.twitch.tv/RoundFairAsteriskFloof

I actually bought my for 2.5ex as i don't realy like to gamble on crafting. I will try to make a +4 (with the new implicit) later on the league once i have enough currency to throw on it.
You sound really annoyed so first of all im sorry about not looking as extensively into the guide as i should have, i never saw the curse on hit setup or the vaal grace and i thought the jade and stibnite flask were the same thing.

i made the changes to fit the tree exactly and switched my gems, also got frenzy charge gloves and a way better jewel with chaos, dot, and non ailment-

sorry about the jewel/gems in the pob at the start of the league im just trying to level a bunch of gems to sell-

either way ty for info will try now
"
iRoN wrote:
Regarding the Quiver:

Rain of Arrows - CoH - Despair <----------- Works

Toxic Rain - Increased Duration - GMP <---- Works

Ice Shot - GMP - Increase Duration <------- Works

Frenzy - MA does not work as charge generator, as you only get a charge for the first shot it fires, all other shots fired by the MA do not give charges.

Toxic Rain - ID - MA <--------------------- Works

allthough ID seems overkill since u recast it all 4 seconds anyway, im currently running it with withering touch, but i have no clue if that fucks over the wither totem.

EDIT: I take back what i said about ID it feels way better with it ! :D

I highly recommend trying out Maloney's Mechanism for this build.

Toxic Rain - ID - MA is great.

This gem set up basically guarantees that your Mirage Archer is up at all times. Toxic Rain provides additional clear speed and improves your QoL by slowing everything around you.
Hi

Have just started playing this build and am really enjoying it,the only issue I have is the ammount of loot that I have to sift through to see what is good or not for the build,I tend to have issues in that area of knowning what is good or not..lol.I was wondering if you may have a loot filter set up for this build and if so would you be willing to share it.

many thanks for the fun build and the time it took you to make this guide.

Avi.
I reworked the build a bit and im very happy with those items maybe you can try them too!

espacially the maloneys mechnism with toxic rain, mirage archer and withered touch is sooooo good.!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info