Self-Found Gems Challenge (updated for Bestiary!)

"
JoakimBackryd wrote:
Started this yesterday...

Nice to see more people giving this a try. Good luck with the findings!

Jolsen26 your new Witch is looking good, nice uniques and good gems so far... also a couple of defensive auras... they are goind to help a lot! Have you already dismissed ACT V Kitava?

My Jug is level 75 now. I have completed Mercilless Lab (a single time so far) and doing Tier 3 maps at the moment. Found a couple of utility gems lately but unfortunately no major findings.

EDIT: Just found Skullhead unique helmet, nothing major but at least it has flat life and resistances.. so it's a very good improvement over the normal helm I had.
Last edited by FrancescoV on Feb 2, 2018, 6:29:46 PM
Well. I made it into Act 6. Nearly died to both Innocence and Kitava, but made it though.

Have lots of options. Not sure what I'm going to do exactly.
Just got to level 80, never though I would make it that far.

Doing Tier 6 maps. Currently what is hindering me is that I still have a 4-link attack.

Since I'm not using currency from previus chars getting a 5link chest takes time, but I'm slowly getting there... converting some of the other currency I think I lack just around 25-30 fus.

Recently found this nice stygian vise:

"
FrancescoV wrote:
"
JoakimBackryd wrote:
Started this yesterday...

Nice to see more people giving this a try. Good luck with the findings!

progress is beeing made, found a Firestorm gem... and that usually is a good skill, but i have to low int to use it even at level 1, and if i swap my strength amulet to an int amulet i can't use Molten Shell gem, the decisions :) frustrating, but at the same time fun

a little later i found my first green gem, and beeing a ranger i realise that i need to use mostly green gems since the others will always be at a low level because the lack of strength and int. A Frost Blade gem, so that made me swap my bow to a mace. It's a skill i have never used, but now i love it :). I also found a Molten Strike that seems to give better damage output against single target but Frost Blades is much better at clearing groups.

Also found an unique amulet, The Ignomon, that seems the be kind of useful right now.

I did decide to help the bandit that gives +15% to all resistances, because they seem to be hard to come by :)
Good work so far JoakimBackryd. Hopefully you'll get a good support for your main attack.

I'm still alive and slowly progressing, level 83 now, doing tier 7 maps.
Now I have a 5-link attack, even if I'm still missing some key gems like elemental damage with attacks support... damage is good enough to progress.

Found a couple of Liches, but unfortunately my dps was too low to take them down in time.

Hopefully I'll soon find a nice unique ring, I'm still using 2 normal coral rings.

Last edited by FrancescoV on Feb 7, 2018, 5:33:29 AM
started this yesterday. still at ACT 1 didn't have much time to play. found 4 gems so far: fireball,arcane surge support,ice shot and minion damage support.
also found a really good staff to go with fireball+arcane surge

Spoiler

keeping ice shot if i find anything to link with it,getting spell damage passives for now..
Nice! Yeah I've got one character into act 6 and my last died to Kitava. I was trying to go with Templar to get the psuedo 5links from the hierophant class with the hope of getting some kind of spell totem. I actually had some good stuff for scorching ray. Probably should have switched to that. Oh well.

Gonna try Scion a bit before the new league. Got an early ice shot which is super helpful to take down abyss packs which drop a lot of stuff.
Just posting to say that I have lost interest in going on with this challenge for now.

With the new League approaching I usually take a break from PoE.. in oder to have a good fresh start without accumultated fatigue and don't get burned out too soon.

My Jug is still alive though, level 85. Who would have thought I would make it this far.
Never found key gems like Ele Dmg with Attacks Support or Multistrike, but found a couple of good uniques like Essence Worm ring.

Hope to see you again with the SSF gems challenge later in the Bestiary League!

Last edited by FrancescoV on Feb 18, 2018, 3:25:30 AM
Nice! Very impressive! I ripped by best character at like 72. Died to merc izaro. Pretty disappointing as I could have went much further if I just got my 2 extra totems.

I'm done as well. We'll see if Beastiary has any new additions to the challenge!
Hi, I updated this for Bestiary!

The beastcrafting of uniques should make this very interesting!

Be sure to post your progress as you go if you try it out!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info