3.1 NEED HELP Frost Blade's Shadow - Assassin

Hi all,

Ive made a build with complete self found gear. And passive tree, at the moment I got 60.000 dps around 6K evasion, and 3.500 life.

I was wondering if you guys could help me get this build to a higher level for mapping.
Could you look at my gear, passive tree to see some improvements?

Sometimes I get one-shoted by some thing, but my build is getting better, as i find new better items.

Thank you very much !!
Kind Regards,

Passive Tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAOHBS0F-QqbDHMNjRCSERoRgRR1FfAWvxewG60byCM2I9MmlSoLLOEuUzIBMjIzkjY9OrNAoEMTQzFHBkp9SotM_04qUdlTEFVLVvVXVFuvXfJeE2HiYetirGOnZ6BsCGyMbWxvJ3BSc2t07XX9eOt6U3rvexSBrIRvh3aJ04wLjDaOio9gkAqTqJS4lWaVzJfQmmqbJp2qotmpeaxmsJKw2LGzshm1SLk-uXzIzM96z93Tb9N-1ELYdtrB227b591G32_kaucK53To1uyw7T_uDu9O73rvj_GK-WP8xf-T?accountName=Phosphore&characterName=RBalboa
Last bumped on Jan 23, 2018, 8:04:17 AM
Honestly Ice Bite really doesn't do much and only works better if you have Frenzy charges, and for Shadow they can't really go Frenzy charges more Power Charges instead and the Assasin Acendency is about Power Charges, but even people i see using it in builds i don't see what the difference is... definitely isn't great having 2 of them either, and ditch one of the Added Cold Damage gems too i think the one in your gloves because you only need 1, don't try to go too Health based either or take giant detours on your tree wasting points on Dexterty nodese, i know you see YTubers and then other people doing that but all the nodes you need are there on the Shadow tree for the most part, there's like some Life there and some with Evasion too, and i'm not sure you really need Minion Elemental Resistances support, and i would ditch one of your minions because you have 2 and with such a limited amount of gem sockets you need the space for the right gems, you shoiuld have a Melee Physical Damage Support too, if Multistrike isn't working either put it in one of your weapons, you don't need 2 Elemental Damage gems either see you only need these gems for YOUR attacks, you don't support both yourself and your minion at the same time, if you were solely a summoning build it would work out great but Frost Blades needs all the slots it can get to support it, i'm not sure if Increased Area Of Effect does anything though, i tried it myself and i don't really see a different.

Use Ancestral Call with Frost Blades too because it really helps, i'm not sure you need Pirece Support any more with Multistrike but from my own build i think Multistrike needs to be linked to Frost Blades to work, ditch one of your skils too because you've got 4 there which is too many, you've got your Frost Blades, Whirling Blades, Molten Strike and Shock Nova, it's just too many... id keep it to Frost Blades, Whirling Blades and Molten Strike, 3 is all you can do with this build max if you also hope to get off trigures, id try adding another Cold Penetration gem because the main issue most people have is gettng through the monsters Elemental Resistances and they get MUCH higher especially bosses, i was thinking of trying that out myself because Cold Penetration is already really good and makes the world of difference. Also Forst Blades isn't a DPS build and i know people try to aim for high DPS with it still but it's a Physical Dmg build not really based from DPS so of course it's going to be a lot lower, your sacrificing valuable support for Frost Blades just to get higher DPS, i know the bit you DO have counts to it but mainly the Physical Damage counts, also Frost Blades is a 2 phase skill, phase 1 is when you shoot it and the hit and then phase 2 is the Chain where the Projectiles come out so if on your tree you don't have at least 3 Projectile Dmg nodes selected you need to do that, people will argue you don't need it but since the second phase is Projectiles you OBSOLOTELY DO need it, choose the node with Projectile Speed too because it DOES help the speed of the Projectiles chaining, make sure you have those Elemental Dmg nodes selected at the start of the Shadow tree and Trickery.

Generally the Ranger tree has too many Dexterty nodes and it's just a waste of Skill Points spanning out too much from the Shadow tree, your Attack Speed will Compensate for the DPS too.
More info, i was playing around with my Frost Blades Assasin and if you Link Power Charge On Critical Strike i think to Critical Strike Damage Support or Peirce Support or both you will get Power Charges, it helps our your Critical Strike a lot, try linking Assasin's Mark and Curse On Hit with Frost Blades, i did it in my Tabula Rasa, definitely go for Hypothermia rather than Ice Bite.
"
XenaGirl wrote:
More info, i was playing around with my Frost Blades Assasin and if you Link Power Charge On Critical Strike i think to Critical Strike Damage Support or Peirce Support or both you will get Power Charges, it helps our your Critical Strike a lot, try linking Assasin's Mark and Curse On Hit with Frost Blades, i did it in my Tabula Rasa, definitely go for Hypothermia rather than Ice Bite.

Hello,

Thank you so much for you're answer and support.

I wil try out the gem options like you stated. Most of them are indeed placed wrong, or are just leveling up gems, like the 'Added Cold Damage' im going to get 20% on that one also, and then replace it temporary with my lvl 18 one.

Im mostly looking for a more - defense strategy upgrade now, since I once-shot almost anything , (even in tier 10) just made it to there. But i can get one shotted aswel by some attacks, like the Abby's monsters. Ore some map bosses straight up one-shot me.

Kind Regards,

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info