How much Critical Strike Chance and Physical Dmg do i need for Frost Blades?

Help no longer needed, you can close this thread
Last edited by XenaGirl on Jan 21, 2018, 5:56:34 PM
Last bumped on Jan 21, 2018, 3:54:16 PM
Ok since no one responded, saying its not a dps build is wierd. everything you build is a dps build unless you make a support character. its a matter of how you scale your dps. I have a frost blade raider and its lvl 95 and its a non-crit build. Frost blade gem says that 60% of you physical damage is converted to cold, meaning the more phys you scale the more cold damage you will have, and if your going crit side of things. you want to go for crit chance and crit multi on your skill tree. however its more complicated that your question...

if you are scaling off phys nodes you want to take a weapon that has high crit and high phys damage base. meaning the crit chance on your weapon and the physical weapon damage.

When you increase your crit chance with items (like rings or ammys) or nodes that scales off of your weapon crit chance. a good base crit for you would be 7.0 or higher crit chance. if you can get 8 thats good or 9 would be amazing.

I am not a crit build but i play frost blades, and i am currently lvl 95 as a raider

but you also want to take elemental penetration, socetting a cold pen in your links is very strong. it wont tell you on your tooltip how much it increases your damage but its alot because monsters/bosses all have resists and tool tip doesnt factor that in. so if a monster has 0% cold resist you will hit them in negative resists witch multiplies your damage a lot...

ask me questions in game if you want
Take a took at my Shadow's tree and tell me what you think, i've gone one-handed weapon nodes which has Physical Damage and some for Ailments which helps Freeze and Slow i think, and i've gone to the sheild nodes for better defense which do help, i'm very low elemental resistance atm though and has been a struggle to get them up, i only managed to get my DPS up a bit and that's when Onslaught is active but when not active my DPS is under 1k which is so low, i maanged to get it going now since i have a Tabula Rasa with Assasin's Mark and Curse On Hit and i've got Power Charge On Crit too which is pefect for the Assasin Frost Blades and Shadow's can't really go Frenzy anyways they're Power Charge unless your a Trap build then you could do more Frenzy but Assasin is best for Frost Blades so yeh i'm definitely going Crit based, i dunno how to get my DPS up any more though... i definitely need better gear too although for now my Unique boots are giving me some DPS so i dunno if i should switch them yet, are the One-Handed Weapon nodes only for if you're fighting with swords and not doing an Elemental build? i'm trying to make use of all the nodes that are there already in the Shadow tree since Ranger has too many Dexterty nodes and would be a waste of points detouring too far down, i'm deifnitely going into the Ranger tree when i can but i won't be going past Thick Skin. Also i'm using a Ewar's Rapier which has Crit Strike and Multiplier on it.
Last edited by XenaGirl on Jan 21, 2018, 3:15:38 AM
My Main Hand Crit Chance is 15.6% is that more than enough? Rapiers aren't really higher DPS though unless i go for just normal ones and upgrade them to a Rare, i've been trying to pick up some good Rare ones too incase i should just ditch the Ewars Rapier but it's hard to find something with Lightening and that's given me a few hundred DPS, Lighting dmg is decent DPS which is on my boots so that's why it's giving me some DPS, i did find a Whyrmbone Rapier with more Lighteing Dmg and Physical Dmg plus some Cold dmg and Ligtheing Ressitance, should i switch to that?

It takes some chain, elemental dmg and attack speed off me though but i'm sure once i got to the Sword nodes and lvl up my Acendancy i will have more, i'm definitely gonna get a better hood or something it's not that great, i was just wearing it for the reistances, it's a shame they don't make higher physical dmg Ewars they would make a great sword through out the game. Who are you in my friends list, it says i have you added already but i can only see whatever character your online as.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info