[3.1] Crit Facebreaker Ice Crash Build - Pending for test - 4 Millions DPS to Shaper yeah flame me.

Eyy TL;DR comes before actual text: https://pastebin.com/F9bjKxUS

So far 3.1 has been an enjoyable experience for me with the new maps, Elder vs Shaper, Abyss jewels, and of course the op belt (yeah Stygian Vise > Headhunter imo).

Aside from that, Breach v2.0 is actually giving me PTSD with all the monsters that can one shot even a 10k life character with full endurance charges, and once in a while you prolly would just get absolutely destroyed by the craters left ( why are these impassable terrains btw?)

So after the seventh death in half an hour to the grasshopper-alike monster I decided to make a build that would really be decent for Abysses clearing, as well as capable of breezing through other contents. Certainly, we do not overlook the clear speed and aesthetic factors.

To clear Abysses safely you need a safe build (duh!), and the first thing that came to my mind was Ancestral Warchief Chieftain/Berserker (Aspect of Carnage cucks you hard but the Warcry healing is insane). Also, the thought of Facebreaker damage-scaling just somehow feels very good (right? 1000% legacy Facebreaker \(^◡^)/ )

However, I probably would just uninstall the game before act 5 if I were ever to play the braindead AC again (yeah I said it you only need a partially functional front cortex to play the build).

Thus I went back and discussed with my three best friends - PoEWiki, poe.trade, and PoB. So what I found was that if one is to play unarmed (too lazy to elaborate why I came to the conclusion that unarm is more fun that weapons, maybe not, but nevermind) he can only select from a limited pool of skills.

Perhaps out of these skills the one that looks inherently aesthetics is Ice Crash. Wild Strike effects and Infernal Blow explosion look awesome too but Ice Crash has its plot armor. On top of that almost every single cold skills would be compatible with Herald of Ice, and gore HoI looks PogChamp.
(1 min break to shout out that writing a build or bs in general is actually tiring)
(1 min hasn't ended so note that all nonsense that I wrote so far maybe removed if I have the decency to update later)

Anyway, as mentioned in the title, this is only in the crafting phase and has not been tested ( since I'm impatient and can't stack up to 13ex for a Lycosidae without squandering my currency on meme stuff) therefore I just keep the stats/nodes/anything not so tight and all are in the above PoB pastebin link.

Did a 2-handed Ice Crash Raider last league and got completely destroyed because IC is just so shit compared to E Q J U G G, both dps wise and survivability wise. This time round same thing happened, until I decided to switch the build to crit-based, solving the poor accuracy problem with Lycosidae the opaf shield (can still get >90% accuracy w/o access to the shield anyway).

Guess what, crit build is still shite because GGG cannot be bother to add more unarmed nodes into the game (and neither have they added crossbows too :< ). Then I add in Rigwald's Curse to the build and that amulet literally increased the dps by 300% MORE ("more" sounds good man).

Add Frenzy Charges, Flasks, and chilled effect for the Hypothermia support and now I have 1.5mil DPS on Shaper/Guardians. Assuming that the total DPS is the sum of DPS of all three stages then we have in total ~4mil DPS in total. Seems good, right? With that much dps dealt all things should be chilled/frozen and yeah we are quite safe.

But then considering how Ice Crash is so trashy I still don't quite believe in the numbers and while I feel really thrilled to test out the build I'm not willing to farm a freaking Lycosidae just to see how the build turns out.

So being a convenient beta cuck I'll just post the link to my build here and ask if ANYONE CAN LEND ME A LYCOSIDAE PLEASE ?

Just kidding please help me look through the build and see if anything can be improved. So far the % is low (160-170%) and don't get me start on the res (SPOILER: Act 10 white mobs will make you vaporized in no time)

On the other hand, if you're willing to scale down quite a plenty of damage nodes and get more life, swap out Abyssus for something safer like a rare helm, then the build can still potentially be viable and tanky enough (again I'm lazy to fill in an example tree but it should have half the amount of damage which is 2 millions to Shaper and approximately 6k5 life with BotB).

Just realized that I haven't applied the 40% Ice Crash dmg enchant on the helm but wouldn't matter much imo xD

So yeah take a look and feel free to cuck me :>

Last bumped on Feb 14, 2018, 3:37:28 AM
I did this build with scion, slayer for the leech and assasin for the crit. heaps of life from the scion wheel and slayer leech huge qol cause huge damage hits works best for leech. Crit from assassin made me almost cap.

Issues came endgame bosses with abssys, but otherwise its near tier 1-2 clear speed and 1 shots t12 bosses. Use watchers eye for conversion and saves some points. but watchers hatred is BIS
"
uqkaspa wrote:
I did this build with scion, slayer for the leech and assasin for the crit. heaps of life from the scion wheel and slayer leech huge qol cause huge damage hits works best for leech. Crit from assassin made me almost cap.

Issues came endgame bosses with abssys, but otherwise its near tier 1-2 clear speed and 1 shots t12 bosses. Use watchers eye for conversion and saves some points. but watchers hatred is BIS

How do you solve the attack speed problem? With 8 frenzy charges as a raider it still feels very clunky to shield charge around, let alone slamming with IC.
Hatred Watcher's eye is insane with any 2 mods from: converted, pen, base crit; but that only exists in my PoB dream :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info