[3.1 AHC] Oni-Goroshi Chieftain | Molten Strike Weapon Swap

I'm putting this here mostly for suggestions. I'm currently level 79 with 6.3k hp and things are going smoothly, no real problems, though higher level content seems to pose too many 1-shot threats. Running up to t10 maps with no trouble, higher level content is spoopy.

tree
link
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAHcA9YEswUtBsMLYQxfDjwS4ROlFCAUcRZvGJEaOBpVG6ocpx0UIq8kqiW8JvMnLy3SMn4yiTboNuk4UzpSOtg8LT38R35QR1OlWGNZ818_YSFjF2SjZU1mnmebaGVo8nIPcql07Xasdud35XzZffWCm4Nfg8yE2YTvhmCHKYzPkFWRzp8-ogCi6qajrKquPq9sr423Prl-u-28n702vWC-p8BmwQfEFcT2xgTGrsbYz37Xfti92sHbT9-_4MPjauRR6hjsOO8O8B_z3fZI9zL46_rS_Ev-Cg==?accountName=ToBeSomebody&characterName=TeeOniChan

Running Resolute Technique and relying on Chieftain ascendancy and some extra ignite from the tree.
Igniting definitely isn't an issue, even in avoidance maps. Running Blood Magic, though I may consider getting some mana leech and running Anger + Purity of Fire just to help with the mitigation of Her Blessing. As it stands now no real issues with sustain, though. Iron Grip for strength bonus to MS projectiles.

gear/gems
weapons

Weapon swap for waveclear/boss kill. I saw some people using Immolate over Added Fire, though Iin most cases I can't see Immolate beating out the AF multiplier. Thoughts?

clothes/jewelry

Helm: Got lucky on the enchant, might have thought to try Devoto's but the resists are too good to pass up.

Body: Cheapest of three options between Gruthkul's, Belly and Kaom's. I think Kaom's would be the best choice here. High life/resist/armor chest would work as well.

Rings: Necessary for sustaining Her Blessing, though one could be replaced I think. The hit to regen would hurt, but shouldn't kill.

Belt: +1 max end charge might be the end goal, otherwise one just like this should be fine. Possibly perseverance if resists can be balanced elsewhere.

Boots: Kaom's Roots might be a good option, otherwise life/resist with regen enchant.

Gloves: I know the 20% melee damage doesn't affect the meatballs, mostly using these for the life and resists.

Amulet: Xoph's Blood possibly BoS for this one, though the new Impresence with Flammability (and not Gruthkul's) could work as well for uniques. Otherwise high life/resists.

flasks

Wise Oak would be good to fit in if you've got Perseverance (replace Silver flask). Dying Sun is a good fit for the build overall. Lion's Roar can be a bit weird, but using it to push immobile bosses against walls can be super nice.

I took Oak as I was able to benefit from each of his buffs.

Waveclear's fine, boss killing is pretty quick. Still feel pretty squishy once I get into red maps, especially with spoopy mods. Ideas?
Last bumped on Jan 8, 2018, 9:06:23 PM
Going RT on a 9.25% base crit weapon makes me want to cry tho

Not getting point blank on Molten Strike makes me want to cry even more !
Last edited by Samir316 on Jan 8, 2018, 5:06:53 PM
I hadn't taken Point Blank into consideration. I've never done a Molten Strike build before. With two Wild Strike jewels, the potential radius increases to 7.5-30 units, right? I'd need to run Conc. Effect on my clear skill to ensure I'm not reducing damage down to 10% at the furthest travel range. It'd work well enough with the single-target weapon swap I suppose. Better than Faster Attacks?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info