[3.1] Crit Warchief Facebreaker Tri-Totems (1m+ Shaper/Guardian dps)

Here's another little build made viable by Abyss jewels and on a relatively small budget.

With Abyss League came new jewels where a particular combo of stats can give you 3 things you really want for this build: Crit chance, Life and flat physical damage. A lot of it!

Scion is in a particularly good spot for this, as they have relatively low point cost to get more nodes, without too many points being waste for useless stats.

The ascendancy options are perfect for this as well, with Hierophant giving you 1 extra totem if it's in a helmet and easy power charge generation with totems.

Assassin gives you access to both more base crit chance and the shadow area for quite a bit of life, crit and physical damage.

Required uniques

Your primary damage scaling and conveniently with some crit multi on top.

Your single most expensive purchase until later. Absolutely required due to our horrendous accuracy without it.

Your cheap pseudo 6L and our triple totem source and a decent chunk of flat physical damage.

Your source of an immense amount of base crit chance with Unarmed attacks
We don't actually take any claw nodes since we're quite short on points.

Also, claw crit multi does not get converted, so they're not as efficient to take as we'd like.

Jewels

Here's the Abyss jewels that makes it all possible:

Since YOU never crit, your totems always have the bonus crit chance.

They give me a total of:

+34 to 59 Physical damage to Attacks
+263 to Maximum Life
+222% increased critical strike chance.

Add another 90-120% crit chance from Boot lab enchant and you're looking at a hefty amount!

The jewels were bought at a cost of 2 alchs to 10c, making them relatively cheap to get.

Ascendancies

Hierophant: Slighty better than a 50% More Damage modifier for us, as it the source of our 3rd totem AND power charge generation (50% chance means it's very, very easy to get max power charges from putting down totems)

Assassin: Mainly for the Base Crit Chance and the path to take the physical damage and crit nodes at the Shadow starting area

Links

Helmet: Ancestral Warchief + Increased Critical Strikes + AoE/Conc + Maim
Ruthless instead of critical strikes will give you higher dps, but less reliable crits, meaning your clear speed will likely suffer. Until later upgrades!

Shield: Shield Charge + Faster Attacks + Fortify
Just your standard mobility boost.

Boots: Lightning Warp + Lesser Duration + Portal + Flame Golem
There are probably better golems for dps out there, but I feel flame golem runs into the enemy and kills itself less than the others. Lightning Warp is very useful against some guardians and in certain maps with gaps.

Gloves: Hatred + Herald of Ash + CWDT + Enfeeble
A very simple CWDT setup is the only thing we really have room for, as a BoR FB build is very starved for sockets.

Chest: I use a Dialla's Malefaction as my chest in order to level gems in the blue sockets. Useful to hold conc/aoe for gem swapping on stronger bosses.

My Current Gear

As you can see, there's plenty of room for upgrades.

My Current Tree

For bandits, take Alira, since the flat mana regen and crit multi are very good for us. The resists allow us to lower the cost of our gear considerably.

We have a whopping 51% to all resistances from tree and Alira reward.

Current Passive Tree

And now for the fun part:
Future Upgrades

There are some clear cut upgrades since we're both a crit build and running Hatred.
That is the wonderful Watcher's Eye variant with base crit chance if you have Hatred on. It is quite expensive and would increase the budget considerably.

That would allow us to swap our Increased Crit gem for Ruthless while still maintaining an acceptable crit chance. That will give us quite a dps boost.

Other upgrades include a 790%+ pair of Facebreakers. If you can get some with Vulnerability on hit, that would be even better. Though that is likely to be very expensive for not a whole lot of dps boost against Shaper and Guardians, due to their immense curse resistance.

Let me know what you think of it :)
IGN: HowDoIShotBows
Last edited by idiocyincarnate on Jan 3, 2018, 10:27:08 AM
Last bumped on Apr 19, 2018, 7:04:29 AM
solid build
i will rate it 8/10 (8 because it's totem, ppl hate totem)
Hi, im busy with my real life job, so please leave pm if you want to buy or offer for any item in my shop.
Im alway online at 10h30PM in GMT+7, but i will try catch if in your time if you want.
IGN: WhoFearWillFall
"
vjru5zl0v3 wrote:
solid build
i will rate it 8/10 (8 because it's totem, ppl hate totem)

That's true. Ancestral totems are quite limited by their mechanics.

Delay for totem to pop up.
Delay for the spirit to pop up.
Delay before the AI starts attacking.

I wish GGG would buff the speed of which they become active and maybe give them a bit of stun resistance >.<
Good totem build in my opinion.
Maybe was safer to do Chieftain? to be on the safe side?
Interesting use of those jewels. One concern is when you crit with your Shield Charge. Do you notice much of a drop in DPS when this happens?
"
Seufari wrote:
Interesting use of those jewels. One concern is when you crit with your Shield Charge. Do you notice much of a drop in DPS when this happens?

Not really, packs die no matter if the totems crit or not. I generally try to avoid shield charging right into a pack. Tends to hurt ME more than them :P
Thanks for your build... do you have some videos?
I played a Hierosin Scion last league but used Hegemony's Era instead of Facebreakers. Was a really solid and surprisingly fun build, would definitely try the Facebreakers/Griswald's approach. Clear speed is pretty good because you just drop 1-2 totem and Leap Slam away, and can easily spam multiple totems to build power charges.
Hi there :)

1. What are Cons of your's build?

2. How to Level and Leveling Tree?

3. Build presentation videos?

Looks nice and I'm thinking on it :)
Quote: "
Your cheap pseudo 6L and our triple totem source and a decent chunk of flat physical damage."

where is it written that this Helmet give you a 3rd Totem?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info