[3.1] Theory Craft Cyclone Poison/Viper Strike

Sitting at work and decided to theory craft a build that could have potential to be god tier hopefully.

We will be using cyclone as our main clear skill and could be used on bosses, but that won't be necessary. We will use cyclone for clear mainly and viper strike for single target.

Links
Viper Strike - MultiStrike - Vile Toxins - Poison Support or Added Chaos. Helm

Cyclone - Faster Attacks - Vile Toxins - Added Chaos - Increased Critical Strikes - Maim Armor

Maim is your 6 link minus that for a 5 link and if you only have a 4 link remove increased critical strikes.

Blasphemy - Despair - Ice Golem Weapon

Herald Of Ice - Curse On Hit - Assassins Mark
Ice Bite Support Boots/Gloves

Spell Totem - Faster Casting - Increased Duration
Contagion Boots/Gloves

Fortify - Faster Attacks - Whirling Blades Weapon

Weapons
The Wasp Best
Mortem Morsu

These two claws are the key part of this build.

I'll update it more when I get home but I have added the skill tree to this. Don't have access to certain things right now to add more details.

Skill Free
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAPGKMHwOSLVI2sGui7DYz914GYo4ZK_WBxX9AhFvV42BRfRLHMGgFfZieQAGUUc-z73m7T831Co4PLb5pNo7kUdw1ICzo6MJIOjWFAkTbSaItzA2PRvIeu907QUt028uU7IZMgHPekz_Z6BKfYd245-SgJoXk5Bd8m1sotkwcUt43ajDOoAiP2zIDHaCtNHTfiaVYeJVSxEv62OJ0yoLcFJ9df66DPKly52qYqxsjFuvFr8NjWqM9W_IFN1IuNkBCaOKjb9aGsMzTZKNfSP273p6fwZwLiP_3udUJP3uDoTFm7URlvzFIupOKud0BbW0xUMxjDbUIzpC

The idea of this build is high single target with decent clear speed. I'm going to be leveling this build starting tomorrow and constantly updating this build guide. Once I hit maps and end game with it; I'll have a better idea if others should try this as well.

If you guys think it's a decent build. Let me know what you think. If you have any tips to make it better, also let me know. Excited to try this out actually.

I haven't added all the types of gear just yet since I'm on my phone drifting this. I'll update it when I get home tonight.

Last edited by gfuseking on Dec 29, 2017, 6:08:31 PM
Last bumped on Feb 5, 2018, 9:47:46 AM

The Wasp Nest with added chaos damage by corrupting would be good.

Also what about
?

The Embalmer unique gloves looks legit too.
Yeah I plan on using that jewel but I haven't looked into everything just yet. Thank you for the idea though :). I'll try and get some leveling done tonight and I have a 3 day weekend so I'll be able to get the char into end game some what.
Last edited by gfuseking on Dec 29, 2017, 7:08:55 PM
Hey, I did pretty much that last league.

Was my final gear. I highly, highly recommend against using Cyclone. It is really unsafe with Poison as your main source of damage, as it ramps up and the enemies get too many hits in. Also doesn't feel great to clear with it since claw range is really small, even with the weapon range corruption. Never played a classic Cycloner so I can't say how the difference is, but it felt pretty bad on any maps that aren't tight like Sewers. I would rather recommend something like Blade Flurry or Spectral Throw instead, so you can do damage from a distance. Damage was pretty nice overall, just survival was somewhat of an issue (low leech + enemies getting too many hits in).
Last edited by Casmiel on Jan 8, 2018, 6:02:01 PM
I came to that conclusion and converted to GC miner early on
I take it you bailed on this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info