3.2 Maze of the Minotaur run:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVuKy6dvONs
old video - 3.1 Abyss league:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBobKvB4t0Q

pros and cons:
Spoiler

pros:
- high clear speed (T1-T16)
- immune to bleed, freez, shock, stun (optionally ignite, poison) - 100% flask uptime
- SC/HC viable
- lots of fun

cons:
- problem with bosses when u have no souls

EN version:
Spoiler

mechanics:
Spoiler

The basic item in my build is a fairly non-popular Soulthirst Cloth Belt.

Its main aim is to get as much as possible out of the new abbility - "souleater" - which is given by the said belt.

"Souleater" increases the attack speed and the cast speed by 5% per each enemy killed near to you so you can make the most of it by prolonging the duration of the buff as long as it's possible and by eliminating packs of mobs as quick as it's possible.

"Souleater" works all the time while the flask works so I have chosen a flask of the longest duration - Sanctified Mana Flask, whitch has a mod called "saturated".

This mod decreases recovery rate by 33%, which means it enhances the duration of the flask effect, giving you 20,9 sec of the basic flask effect duration. I have managed to prolong the duration up to 35 sec by:

passive skills: "Druidic rite" ("20% increase Flask effect duration"),

and then in a quite non-typical way: using "temporal chains",

which slows the character but at the same time it prolongs the duration of the effects that are in operation. I have enhanced the "temporal chains" by 40% using passive skills "Curse Effect"(3x5%) and "Skittering Runes"(1x15%) and a gem - "Curse On Hit Support" - which increases the effect of Supported Curses by 10% when it is 20% quality.

I use "Temporal Chains" by wearing Shackles of the Wretched Chain Gloves.

You can ask here: does it make sense to prolong the buff effect if it slows our character by nearly 30%. I have dealt with this issue by choosing "Juggernaut" ascendancy and "Unstoppable" passive skill, which completely eliminates the unwanted consequence of the "temporal chains", additionally giving you 14% increased movement speed.

Okay, so we have got a flask which works for 35 sec but it also produces a lot of Mana so the effect may be interrupted when Mana level reaches the maximum. To avoid that, I have used "Blood Rage"

skill along with "Mind Over Matter" keystone. Thanks to the "Mind over Metter", 30% of the damage dealed by "Blood Rage" is taken from Mana before Life. "Life Regeneration" of around 6% prevents hp loss while Mana cannot be restored. The effect is enhanced by a mod "(40-50)% increased Physical Damage taken" from "Abyssus Ezomyte Burgonet".

Abyssus itself also hugely increases your DPS. "Fevered Mind Cobalt Jewel" can also turn out useful as it increases the Mana cost by 100%.

Problem solved - Mana will never be fully restored so the Flask effect will not stop too early. On the other hand it creates the next obstacle - how can you attack with no mana? The solution to this is "Soul Taker Siege Axe"

thanks to which you can continue to attack an enemy even when your mana runs out. The weapon itself can cause quite nice damage - the DPS can roll up to 336, provided you've got high attack speed (1.8-188) and low avg dmg, which goes well with an Abyssus. More than that, high attack speed allows you to move quickly using the "Shield Charge".

So now when you enter a map, you start the "Blood Rage", dash into a pack of mobs with the "Shield Charge",

cursing yourself with "temporal chains" and you use your special flask, followed by all the remaining ones and we get quicker and quicker (the order of using the flasks is very important because the first one gives us the "souleater"). The maximum I have reached in this way is obout 400 souls which gives "2000% Increased Attack Speed".

Offensive:
Spoiler

Mods that increase the DPS by the most are the ones that increase the avg dmg, which are:

"Adds # to # Physical Damage to Attacks", "increased melee physical damage", "increased melee damage", "increased melee physical damage with axes", "increased melee physical damage while holding a shield", "increased attack damage", "Increased physical attack damage", "increased area damage"

"Increased attack speed" affects the DPS only if we don't have a stacked buff from the souleater. E. g. with 100 souls we've got 500% avg dmg which gives 600% basic attack speed, so additional 5% of increased attack speed from the tree will increase the DPS only by 0,83%. Not worth it.

We use the "Resolute Technique" keystone so we avoid all the mods for crits, simply because they won't work.

Defensive:
Spoiler

With around 5500hp it is worth to make sure there is not too much damage caused to our character, especially when Abyssus increases the physical damage taken by 40% or more. To ensure this, we've got:

- 6 x endurance charge - 24% additional physical damage reduction
- "fortify" - decreases the damage taken from hits by 20%
- "enfeeble"

Obviously, the build forces you to ensure proper healing, which you can achieve with:

- "15 life gained on hit" from jewels - works perfect with big packs of mobs, especially with attack speed from the souleater. It gives an effect comparable to old "Vall Pact"
- around "1.6% life leech" from "Blood Rage" and passive skills.

PL version:
Spoiler

mechanika:
Spoiler

Bazowym itemem w moim buildzie jest dość mało popularny pas "Soulthirst Cloth Belt", a głównym jego założeniem jest wyciągnięcie jak największych korzyści ze zdolności, jaką daje nam owy pasek, czyli "souleater".

"Souleater" to zdolność, która zwiększa "attack speed" i "cast speed" o 5% za każdego przeciwnika zabitego w pobliżu, więc najlepszy efekt osiągniemy poprzez maksymalne wydłużenie czasu działania buffa i jak najszybsze likwidowanie packów mobów.

"Souleater" na graczu utrzymuje się przez cały czas działania potki, wybrałem więc taką o najdłuższym czasie działania, czyli "Sanctified Mana Flask" z modem "saturated" zmniejszającym "recovery rate" o 33%, a tym samym, zwiększającym "duration", co daje 20,9s bazowego czasu działania potki. Czas ten udało mi się wydłużyć do ok. 35s. poprzez:
zdolności pasywne: "Druidic rite" ("20% increase Flask effect duration"),
a następnie w dość nietypowy sposób czyli za pomocą "temporal chains", który poza spowolnieniem gracza wydłuża czas trwania innych efektów na nim. Efekt "temporal chains" zwiększyłem o 40% zdolnościami pasywnymi "Curse Effect"(3x5%) i "Skittering Runes"(1x15%) oraz gemem "Curse On Hit Support", który z quality 20% daje "10% increased Effect of Supported Curses". "Temporal Chains" zakładam na siebie za pomocą rękawic "Shackles of the Wretched Chain Gloves".

Tu pojawia się pytanie, jaki sens ma wydłużanie czasu buffa jeśli kosztem tego nasza postać zostaje spowolniona o blisko 30%. Problem ten rozwiązuje wybór subklasy "Juggernaut" i zdolności "Unstoppable" która całkowicie niweluje niepożądany efekt "temporal chains", dodatkowo dając nam 14% dodatkowego "Movement Speed".

OK, mamy teraz potkę, która działa przez 35s, ale generuje ona też znaczną ilość many, więc efekt może być przerwany, gdy poziom many osiągnie maksimum. Aby tak się nie stało wykorzystałem skill "Blood Rage" w połączeniu z keystonem "Mind Over Matter". Obrażenia zadawane przez "Blood Rage" w 30% są przekazywane na manę. "Life Regeneration" na poziomie ok. 6% zapobiega utracie życia, podczas gdy mana nie jest w stanie się zregenerować. Efekt ten jest potęgowany przez mod "(40-50)% increased Physical Damage taken" na hełmie "Abyssus Ezomyte Burgonet". Sam hełm daje też ogromny buff do DPS'u. Przydatnym może okazać się też jewel "Fevered Mind Cobalt Jewel ", który zwiększa koszty many o 100%.

Problem załatwiony, mana nigdy się nie uzupełni, więc działanie potki nie zostanie przerwane, ale to stawia kolejną przeszkodę - Jak atakować nie mając many? Rozwiązaniem jest topór "Soul Taker Siege Axe", dzięki któremu możemy atakować nawet, gdy brakuje many. Sama broń ma całkiem przyjemne obrażenia - DPS rolluje do 336 przy wysokim attack speedzie (1.8-188) i niskim avg dmg, co świetnie współgra z Abyssusem. Dodatkowo duża prędkość ataku pozwala na szybkie przemieszczanie sie za pomocą "Shield Charge".

Teraz wchodząc na mapę odpalamy "Blood Rage", wpadamy w pack mobów shield charge'em, zakładając na siebie "temporal chains", po czym odpalamy naszą specjalną potkę, a tuż po niej wszystkie pozostałe i rozpędzamy się w szalonym tempie (kolejność użycia potek jest bardzo ważna, gdyż pierwsza odpalona potka daje nam souleatera). Maksymalnie udało mi się w ten sposób złapać ok. 400 dusz co daje "2000% Increased Attack Speed".

Ofensywa:
Spoiler

Mody, które najlepiej będą zwiększać dps to te które zwiększają średnie obrażenia broni czyli:

"Adds # to # Physical Damage to Attacks", "increased melee physical damage", "increased melee damage", "increased melee physical damage with axes", "increased melee physical damage while holding a shield", "increased attack damage", "Increased physical attack damage", "increased area damage"

"Increased attack speed" wpływa na DPS tylko, gdy nie mamy nastackowanego buffa z souleatera. Dla przykładu przy 100 duszach mamy "500% średnie obrażenia broni ", czyli 600% bazowego attack speeda, więc dodatkowe "5% increased attack speed" z drzewka zwiększy DPS zaledwie o 0,83%. Nie warto.

Używamy keystona "Resolute Technique", więc unikamy też wszelkich modów do critów, gdyż zwyczajnie nie będą działać.

Defensywa:
Spoiler

Przy ok 5500hp warto zadbać o to, aby nasza postać nie brała na siebie zbyt dużo obrażeń, zwłaszcza że Abyssus zwiększa otrzymywane obrażenia fizyczne o min. 40%. Do tego służą nam:

- 6x endurance charge - 24% dodatkowej redukcji obrażeń fizycznych
- "fortify" - zmniejsza otrzymywane obrażeniaod hitów o 20%
- "enfeeble"

Obviously, the build forces you to ensure proper healing, which you can achieve with:

- "15 life gained on hit" z jeweli - genialnie sprawdza się na dużych packach mobów, zwłaszcza przy attack speedzie, jakiego daje nam souleater. Efekt można porównać do starego "Vall Pact'a"
- ok. "1,6% life leech" z "Blood Rage" i pasywek.

actual gear and skill setup:
Spoiler

passive tree:

Live stream:

Last edited by MerdAL on Mar 9, 2018, 12:31:37 PM
Last bumped on May 26, 2018, 8:43:22 PM
Amazing Build!
I approve this build.
it looks really good but Diablo III still better!
Last edited by szymu on Dec 29, 2017, 3:33:25 PM
N
O
T

B
A
D
!
D E L E T E T H I S !!!!
Have you tried this with cyclone? Seems like it'd be pretty sick and you'd never have to stop moving.
Today my character died because I accidentally overlevel immortal call gem and it couldn't work with cwdt. It resulted in instant RIP on racecourse boss's reflect. Do not make the same mistake ;/.
I recover mana to quickly, how do i stop that?
"
I recover mana to quickly, how do i stop that?

1. U need to avoid mods like "increased mana recovery rate".
"Mana leech" and "mana gained on hit" make build unplayable.

2. Abyssus makes it very easy to keep mana low.

3. Try to find "soulthirst" with lowest roll for "increased mana recovery from flasks". It's 20%. Obviously low "reduced flask effect duration" is still prior.

4. Use mana flask without quality.

5.* If u still have problem, u can use "Fevered Mind Cobalt Jewel" for 100% increased mana cost of skills.
Last edited by MerdAL on Jan 26, 2018, 10:28:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info