How do you make sword Duelist PVP viable?

Hello, I have lvl 80+ sword cyclone duelist (slayer), PvE is totally fine but when i wanna do some daily quests for Leo, it totally sucks. Before I leap slam to my enemy to get closer so i can start leeching I am usually already dead. Even tho i have 76% fire resistance + all ele res capped, it takes about 2 seconds for some random guys to bring me down with their scorching ray. I bought blight and scorching ray to try out the spells and they do like 20DPS or something, so I guess it has some kind of nerf for duelist(?)
I was searching for duelist PVP via Google and YouTube, I tried searching these forums as well but I didn't find anything viable for 2h sword duelist
Can you guys please suggest me any skills for PVP so I can kill someone in Leo's dailies? Winning a BO7 open dueling seems almost impossible to me. My record is like 0-0-7. You can call me James Bond.
I'd be grateful for any ideas, I'm still fairly new to the game and even tho I feel like my PvE build is fine, I'd like to enjoy some PVP from time to time even if I'd have to spend currency for that.
Last bumped on Feb 4, 2018, 4:28:06 PM
Try using glacial hammer Mr.bond.
You should probably buy a tabula and 6link Blight.
Haha, the fuck is with these threads lately.

Go re-spec your tree from the "melee" passives to spell/projectile ones, hell even keep using your sword just for shits. Sounds absurd I know, but so does thinking there is a Duelist specific nerf to throwing on a random set of spell tagged gems.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
MullaXul wrote:

Go re-spec your tree from the "melee" passives to spell/projectile ones, hell even keep using your sword just for shits. Sounds absurd I know, but so does thinking there is a Duelist specific nerf to throwing on a random set of spell tagged gems.

I loled
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
"
MullaXul wrote:

well, since you can craft essence spell damage or +elemental level on swords... GGG knew all along!
HEll with the 20% culling he might even kill quite some people using a random 6l weapon with spell essences slapped on it.

"
so i can start leeching

you won t leech shit in pvp Mr Bondage, just look bloodless on tree and other items.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Dec 29, 2017, 9:04:03 AM
melee exist in poe pvp?
HAHAHA WOW WHAT AN OUTRAGEOUS STATEMENT!
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
Step one: trade your sword in for a wand
Step two: find a big bag to put the ears of your enemies in
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
"
...Before I leap slam to my enemy to get closer...

I can't believe the responses you're getting, I used to have respect for the bountiful pvp population here, but this is basically sexual harassment. Any way, for some actuallyal assistance, don't use leap slam use lightning warp for style points.

"
...i can start leeching...

Use an aoe gem on your leech so it is more likely to hit, an accuracy gem wouldn't go amiss either, people in pvp tend to have massive, meaty evasions.
"That's nice cupcake" ~ Rlowe, 1984 - RIP in pieces, least we 4get
"""Everyone is an asshole and I'm awesome" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016" ~ philophil, 2016" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016
"Fuck." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"...post-ironic thread..." ~ Rlowe, 2017

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info