(3.1)Abyss Cospri Assassin Antics! (theorycrafting)

UPDATE!
Spoiler
build has changed significantly! Thanks to some feedback and some testing I have completely overhauled the build.

First things first. This build is not cheap. it is based around the abyss uniques and cospri's malice combining to create some projectile insanity.

The build so far:

Gear:
Spoiler

links:
Spoiler

frost blades-multistrike-elemental damage with weapons-increased critical strikes-faster attacks
herald of ice
hatred-enlighten
whirling blades
cast when damage taken-immortal call
arctic breath-elemental focus-greater multiple projectiles
freezing pulse-elemental focus-greater multiple projectiles

current tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAHRBAcFQgW1Bx4OSA-rD8QQkhGWFr8ZihqNG8gjNiP2JIsk_SaVKgsqWyycLR8wfDIyNj031DpYO3xDNkV8SVFJsUyzUUdS7FMQVUtVxlsmXfJh4mJaYqxqQ2yMbWxwUnmhefZ_xn_7gl6D24TFidOLmYwLjDaNfY2_kyeVIJUulwaXl5gjm7WdqqEioS-iQKKjrrOv67Q4tMW4yrlvuXy747xvvOq-isHzwuzDOsSiz93QH9mG35jjhOUZ51TssO0_7-vw1fGK9Pj79f66_94=?accountName=Naeblis720&characterName=ExponentialCrits

pob link for planned build:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/nbvaM0R2

flasks:
Spoiler

Jewels you want:

Life/Spell Damage/global crit chance/fill out your resists <--in this order

also inuitive leap for good charge generation while clearing.

for single target:

Switch out frost blades and elemental damage with weapons for dual strike and life leech.

These are the changes so far, any feedback would be appreciated!

Old build for those who are curious:

Spoiler
So I'm working on a build, and just to start it off, it is not cheap. The idea behind the build is to make use of all the new abyss uniques and create a build that makes use of all the benefits they provide. I started off with an inquisitor version of the build which i will link, but I think that an assassin will be the best way to go with it.

So let's get into it shall we?

The reason I made this build:
Spoiler

These Items when coupled together give you an insane NINE extra abyss jewels, and ALL of them scale off of having abyss jewels socketed in your build.

The mechanism for proccing all the other things in the build:
Spoiler

Cospri's Malice allows you to deal some great damage and scale spell damage as your main source so that the effects from the other abyss uniques are not wasted. mainly lightpoacher, but using cyclone to proc your crit strikes with cospri's gives us a way to utilize tombfist's bonuses from having the two different abyss jewels socketed in it.

Abyss jewels we are using:
Spoiler

In the gloves

In the belt

the rest go in the available slots as necessary. the reason for this balancing is pretty clear for the gloves, and it was what i needed for resistances in the belt.
These jewels are in my tree:

mainly you are looking for life, some resistance and global crit. flat dmg added to spells is a bonus! also, we need ONE ghastly eye jewel to max out our bonus from the boots. intuitive leap is used for some bonus life and some extra charge generation.

planned skill tree for assassin:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/fnGrvYH1

links:
Spoiler
cospri's main hand: discharge->elemental focus->concentrated effect
Cospri's off hand: Glacial Cascade->elemental focus->culling strike
chest:Cyclone->increased critical strike->curse on hit->Assassin's Mark->Faster Attacks( this is also technically linked to elemental penetration)
other links:
Cast When Damage Taken->Immortal Call
Hatred->Enlighten
Whirling Blades->Blood Rage

Current gear:
Spoiler

The rings and amulet could be upgraded obviously to a higher crit/elemental damage setup.

Important things to note:

I am not sure if my links are at maximum efficiency, I may need to swap to a different curse setup.

Something other than glacial cascade may be better for the offhand weapon, Idk, but at this point were looking at a pretty high dps from this build being entirely possible. I may just go with dual discharge but I need to look at it closer.

Any feedback or advice is appreciated. Hope you enjoy the super expensive weird build ive come up with. Let me know what you think and what improvements you think are possible!

inquisitor version:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/dFFiQjth
Last edited by Naeblis720 on Jan 1, 2018, 2:05:18 AM
Last bumped on Jan 1, 2018, 2:08:09 AM
complete overhaul 12/31. changed base skills as well as cast on crit setup and completely changed the talent tree.
Last edited by Naeblis720 on Jan 1, 2018, 2:05:55 AM
Can you make a short video showcasing how this build works ? need to see if this is PC performance friendly .. :D i'm guessing not.
"
zazoumar wrote:
Can you make a short video showcasing how this build works ? need to see if this is PC performance friendly .. :D i'm guessing not.

ill do a video. ill tell you my pc is not the greatest and i live in the mountains so my internet is kind of hot garbage. that said its passable and when it DOES lag ive been decently survivable. Ive only played the inquisitor version so far, as im currently leveling the assassin to inherit all the gear. but once i have the assassin at an appropriate level i will gladly post up some videos.
why not discharge in 2 cospri?
"
Drascklerj wrote:
why not discharge in 2 cospri?

If you link two equal gems they'll share their own cooldowns with each other. 2 gems 1 cooldown if you know what i mean
Last edited by Fitfirar on Dec 28, 2017, 4:50:59 AM
double post oops
Last edited by Fitfirar on Dec 28, 2017, 4:50:10 AM
is this build good for bossing? aiming endgame this season
Interesting idea.

I've been theorying up something centered around Cospri's, Lightpoacher and phys spells myself.

You're using Discharge, how do you intend to maintain charges if there's nothing around to kill?
Using abyss sockets for resists and crit chance is very inefficient, especially on Assassin.
Since spells will be doing most of your damage, Tombfist is doing very little other than sockets.
The gems socketed in lightpoacher support the skill. If you're focusing elemental Phys to Lightning will help convert it.
The chest gives elemental penetration. Ideally you want to be socketing and triggering your biggest elemental dps there.
There are 2x 5 point jewel sockets on the tree... and it's also a level 100 tree. Drop those and it's a bit more realistic.
You could drop the gloves and maybe the belt for a rare stygian, freeing up lots of gear affixes for resists and other stats.
Using a curse on hit ring will save you 2 gem sockets.
Enlighten is absolutely not necessary on Hatred here. Herald of Ice would help your clear speed a lot.
"
Icaros wrote:
Interesting idea.

I've been theorying up something centered around Cospri's, Lightpoacher and phys spells myself.

You're using Discharge, how do you intend to maintain charges if there's nothing around to kill?
Using abyss sockets for resists and crit chance is very inefficient, especially on Assassin.
Since spells will be doing most of your damage, Tombfist is doing very little other than sockets.
The gems socketed in lightpoacher support the skill. If you're focusing elemental Phys to Lightning will help convert it.
The chest gives elemental penetration. Ideally you want to be socketing and triggering your biggest elemental dps there.
There are 2x 5 point jewel sockets on the tree... and it's also a level 100 tree. Drop those and it's a bit more realistic.
You could drop the gloves and maybe the belt for a rare stygian, freeing up lots of gear affixes for resists and other stats.
Using a curse on hit ring will save you 2 gem sockets.
Enlighten is absolutely not necessary on Hatred here. Herald of Ice would help your clear speed a lot.

These are all valid points and led to the changes ive made to the build. I intend to keep tweaking, but id like to keep the abyss set in it. if only because im silly and want to just use the entire unique set. (may as well since ive got it). a curse on hit ring is definitely in the works, i think you are right about enlighten and im looking to do an overhaul on the gem setup in terms of the secondary gems, but i need to do some more testing first. the character is currently lvl 77 and handling maps decently well. I just need to do uber lab to really put things to the test.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info