3.1 Poet's Pen Cold Berserker

"
RoyalTee wrote:
Love the build so far but I'm confused about what gems to use outside of the 6 gems in the Pens and the 2 auras (Hatred and Purity of Fire)

For some reason I have freezing pulse and vortex in my helmet, I have no idea why. In my boots, I have 2 empty slots, frostbomb, and increased AOE which... again... I have no idea why I'm using these. I'm never casting these things as I'm just spamming frenzy so what am I supposed to put there?

Thanks.

some gems like freezing pulse and vortex arent used, i just put them there so they keep lvling. frost bomb otherwise is great for bosses since it reduces cold resistance you can also add spell cascade on top of area, just drop frost bomb at the boss every few secs for tougher bosses.
Shaper Down ?
"
WOWcrew wrote:
Shaper Down ?

No, that been said i didnt even try since i had summoner which was made for those bosses.

I think this build can do it but wont be good at it.
"
Shareware wrote:
"
WOWcrew wrote:
Shaper Down ?

No, that been said i didnt even try since i had summoner which was made for those bosses.

I think this build can do it but wont be good at it.

yea, this build can do shaper i would think, just not as optimal/easy as other classes have it. i've actually been able to start filling out my atlas with this build, it's working wonders with all the freeze/slow.

also, frost bomb is a must. the -% resistance is huge against bosses/abyss mobs.
Hello, i'm a little new to the league so i may be super wrong but had the idea of taking 5l frostbite with the frenzy setup and curse on hit, and changed one controlled destruction with cold penetration support so i get to freeze monsters at higher rate, and the lost dps in the wand with cold penetration support is gained from the negative cold resistance as i read somewhere it is multiplicative, is it worthy or a bad decision? by the way still level 63 and thanks for the build it is pretty fun ^_^
"
Gharbouch wrote:
Hello, i'm a little new to the league so i may be super wrong but had the idea of taking 5l frostbite with the frenzy setup and curse on hit, and changed one controlled destruction with cold penetration support so i get to freeze monsters at higher rate, and the lost dps in the wand with cold penetration support is gained from the negative cold resistance as i read somewhere it is multiplicative, is it worthy or a bad decision? by the way still level 63 and thanks for the build it is pretty fun ^_^

controlled destruction also is a multiplier, while cold pen is multiplier its additiv with other sources of cold pen. Curses get heavyly penalized at bosses where they matter the most, thats why i think the 16%more attack speed (essence craft on gloves) which is also a multiplier to attackspeed is the better choice.
How life? We can try to change something. If we cant add leech, then maybe try to go other ascendancy? Ye i know it will lower APS but poe big game. We can try to fix this build, it was amesing to playing!
"
Barmaley65 wrote:
How life? We can try to change something. If we cant add leech, then maybe try to go other ascendancy? Ye i know it will lower APS but poe big game. We can try to fix this build, it was amesing to playing!

going elementalist, inquisitor or something like that will probably work just fine.
berserker is just not worth it anymore.
What about Dyadian Dawn? We always chill because of frostbolt....
"
Fraudik wrote:
What about Dyadian Dawn? We always chill because of frostbolt....

could work, still wouldnt stay berserker thou.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info