[3.1] Ahn's Might Glass Cannon Frost Blades(1.9m Shaper DPS)

"
Nah I just use blood rage because it's free attack speed and there's zero downsides to it because we're Slayers. I ditched Ahn's Might right when I had enough exalts to buy decent swords. Although, your 330 pDps sword may not be enough because I'm assuming it doesn't have any base crit on it.I remember scouring the market finding cheap swords under 10 exalts that could replace my Ahn's but it was pretty impossible. If you don't have PoB I really recommend getting it because it's pretty easy to plug in swords from poe.trade and see if it'll increase damage from duel wielding 2 Ahn's Might. I think it has an error right now if you replace replace 1 Ahn's Might or remove the frenzy jewel, It'll still give you both of the bonus for 50% crit mutli and 500 accuracy so keep that in mind. When you fully replace your swords you should also note that you're now freeing up a jewel slot so that could give you a huge DPS boost as well.

An example of said jewel

Huh, you know what's strange, when I use blood rage I don't actually end up generating any frenzy charges, I thought this was from the pacifism jewel but now I don't understand because I should still be getting 2 frezy charges if I'm not mistaken. The 330 pdps sword is actually an ahn's might, I have dual mights but one of them has lower pdps is all. I've been trying some t14+ maps and while I kill stuff fine I keep getting one shotted by random BS, it's kind of hilarious honestly, think I gotta drop down to t10s for now and just run them until I get to 90 or so and then give it another go.
"
Jeretino wrote:
I have a 1 handed sword that has a total dps of 460 ( eDPS + pDPS ). I was wondering if I should get rid of my ahn for it?

Generally I would say you'd need at least 2x swords that have 360+ PDPS with 6%+ base crit chance to beat 2 Ahn's. But 330 PDPS swords are fine too if you can cover it with a decent jewel.During mapping though, the damage shouldn't really change because the frenzy charges cover up the missing damage but you may suffer some boss DPS. Having real attack speed is amazing once you get rare swords though because 1.3 base is a joke. Also never look at the DPS of a weapon alone. You only want PDPS because we're based on converting physical damage to elemental.
Last edited by OrangeLeaf on Jan 6, 2018, 2:37:40 PM
"

Huh, you know what's strange, when I use blood rage I don't actually end up generating any frenzy charges, I thought this was from the pacifism jewel but now I don't understand because I should still be getting 2 frezy charges if I'm not mistaken. The 330 pdps sword is actually an ahn's might, I have dual mights but one of them has lower pdps is all. I've been trying some t14+ maps and while I kill stuff fine I keep getting one shotted by random BS, it's kind of hilarious honestly, think I gotta drop down to t10s for now and just run them until I get to 90 or so and then give it another go.

You should have 0 Maximum frenzy charges with 2x Ahn's Might and jewel and that's what you want in order to get crit multi bonus and accuracy at the same time. Make sure you're running a basalt while mapping too because it helps a lot. But if you're still having problem I recommend getting a chest that has physical damage converted to cold damage mods because paired that with our 81% maximum cold res thank's to taste of hate, It's really effective. Your Abyssus is at 45% increased damage taken too and if I were you I'd pay the premium and buy a 40% helmet (It's only 30c anyways) because that 5% is huge.
Ah cool, I completely misunderstood blood rage, I thought it generated frenzy charges and not flat attack speed for some reason, I can't wait until I can afford nice pdps swords because the mights are definitely a little slow. I have a couple divines as well, might try and reroll the abyssus for giggles and see if I can get a better roll, didn't even realize it went that much lower. As far as the chest goes, I checked for one like that and they're crazy expensive unfortunately, I'm trying to 6l a belly just for some extra life but about 1k fusings in and no dice yet.
"
You should have 0 Maximum frenzy charges with 2x Ahn's Might and jewel and that's what you want in order to get crit multi bonus and accuracy at the same time. Make sure you're running a basalt while mapping too because it helps a lot. But if you're still having problem I recommend getting a chest that has physical damage converted to cold damage mods because paired that with our 81% maximum cold res thank's to taste of hate, It's really effective. Your Abyssus is at 45% increased damage taken too and if I were you I'd pay the premium and buy a 40% helmet (It's only 30c anyways) because that 5% is huge.

Well, I took your advice and picked up the 40% abyssus and it also has 119% crit multi which is a decent damage upgrade and about to run some maps. I realized that I'm a complete shmuck and I wasn't utilizing vaal haste at all for some reason and I kept forgetting to drop orb of storms for bosses or tough packs, now that I've been on top of that I'm absolutely melting shit and it's great. Gonna try to run some t14-15 maps just to see how the damage feels there but holy crap why didn't I use vaal haste? I'm so dumb, thanks for the help dude.
What kind of bandits and pantheon gods do you take? :)
I take Lunaris because you'll mostly die when regular mapping if the map mods are nutty and Gruthkul or Tukohama because likewise. Abberath for burning ground immunity is okay too because the degen is kinda annoying if you add that with your Blood Rage degen. And I took 2 passive skills because I didn't have a problem with resistances but if you can't afford good resistance gear then allira is fine as well.
Does the Arakaali interaction between CWDT - Blood Rage - Immortal Call, and the 50% increase to leech cap/rate no longer work? Hard to test it.
Still works for me but I only use it on 60% less recovery maps. I'd rather have the 8% damage reduction on regular maps.
Hi, I just tried your build yesterday and it's insanely strong.
However, I could only buy a budget body armor with RRRRGB, so I will replace Hypothermia with Increased Critical Damage Support / Increased Critical Strikes Support?
Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info