[3.1] [Blade flurry] 1 Ex budget frost blades / Blade flurry build, all content viable

Hé ! Your guide is really fun to play, thank you for this one.

Maybe I do not know how to use my character, but I can not go further than t3. Can you look at my character's page & tell me what you think?

Once again thank you for this fabulous guide, thank you for your help.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/DiabineLya/characters
"
DiabineLya wrote:

Maybe I do not know how to use my character, but I can not go further than t3. Can you look at my character's page & tell me what you think?

Privacy setting -> Click in box near "Hide Characters tab"
"
Kryshlom wrote:
"
DiabineLya wrote:

Privacy setting -> Click in box near "Hide Characters tab"

Oh sorry, it's good
pretty much done with the build i guess. i hit level 90 and i haven't had any problems with mapping and bossing. all that's left is to min-max my gear (steel rings with life and WED for damage and better evasion-based gear to increased char eva) and get all my gems to 20/20 and hope for good corruption results. this is my first char in the league so i pretty much started from scratch

current gear:
"

POB pastebin link: https://pastebin.com/5saffRD8

jewels play a big role in my dps as my 4 jewels acoount for about 240k in my dps

at full buffs, POB dps puts me at 1.13m for blade flurry, wildstrike hit is 515k, elemental explosions from wildstrike is at 146k. with vaal grace up, i'm at 74% dodge, 71% spell dodge (thanks to oskarm). i went with a defensive 4l CWDT setup instead of an offensive ancestral protector since i felt that DPS was already sufficient. i wanted to balance out the huge amount of DPS with enough survivability as well so i went with a CWDT>IC>ball lightning>blind setup. in case anyone was wondering, with ancestral protector, fully buffed blade flurry damage was at 1.36m.
i have followed your guide and currently have 620k FB dps fully buffed and over 1.5m with BF :) thank you for tips ;)
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
Not the OP you asked, but each of those skills reserve 25%, so you should have 25% left to play with. I switched to this build from sunder, and before running arctic armor at 50% i was having mana problems. So i grabbed the leech nodes at the bottom right of the tree, and have been good even since.

Oh right my bad, i messed up the skills ... I'm trying to have HoA + Hatred + Artic Armor running together (with an enlighten support i'm leveling it could be possible and maybe a bit more mana).

And yes you are right about the mana leech node, it's really so much better with this single point spent for it !
Hey, I've been using this build and was wondering why even though I have a 46% chance to ignite enemies I almost never see them ignited anymore and don't get Her Embrace active anymore during maps? Anything I'm doing wrong?
Currently using a 5L BoTB at the moment and I wanted to upgrade into a 6L to boost my damage. The problem now is that with my current setup,(capped res, 5.2k hp , really low armor/evasion like 18%/18%) my survivability is pretty low and I would frequently die. (Rarely oneshot but a large chunk) I'm using abyssus and my endgame goal is to just farm T14 vaults so I was wondering, would it be better to buy a 6L BoTB ,6L Lightning coil or a 5L shaped armor since 6L is way too expensive. T11's are fine but I'd often die. Is kaom's heart also another viable option? I could just use two onigoroshis which I don't mind :D
Last edited by Channi on Jan 22, 2018, 12:22:48 PM
"
Channi wrote:
Currently using a 5L BoTB at the moment and I wanted to upgrade into a 6L to boost my damage. The problem now is that with my current setup,(capped res, 5.2k hp , really low armor/evasion like 18%/18%) my survivability is pretty low and I would frequently die. (Rarely oneshot but a large chunk) I'm using abyssus and my endgame goal is to just farm T14 vaults so I was wondering, would it be better to buy a 6L BoTB ,6L Lightning coil or a 5L shaped armor since 6L is way too expensive. T11's are fine but I'd often die. Is kaom's heart also another viable option? I could just use two onigoroshis which I don't mind :D

I tried running an abyssus as well but i felt that the damage i take is a bit too high for my liking. if you really want to run an abyssus, i'd suggest getting a lightning coil and run a blasphemy enfeeble setup to offset the increased damage taken.

based on the POE wiki, the computation of physical damage with abyssus is initial damage scaled by modifiers > evasion and dodge check (fail) > block (fail) > damage shift (lightning coil, elder mod) > elememental resist application on element shifted damage (if any) > %phys reduction = damage taken value * % increased damage taken depending on abyssus roll = final damage taken

assuming that you don't have any armor except for a 40% abyssus (whose armor value is cut in half due to acrobatics) , if you are hit with a 100 phys damage, you will take 140 damage.

now with lighning coil and level 20 enfeeble, a 100 phys hit will be cut by 37% (enfeeble is a 37% less modifier which applies before defenses) so it will be 63 phys incoming. this will then be shifted (lightning coil), turning into a 44 phys, 19 (technically 18.9) lightning damage. the lightning damage will be cut into 25% so you're looking at 44 phys, 5 lightning (4.75 actual) lightning damage. then the % increased modifier from abyssus comes in so you will take 62 phys damage and 5 lightning damage for a total of 67 damage

I ran some calculations in the EHP calculator and POB in order to show the differences in DPS and EHP between my current gear and an abyssus setup and the results were promising. by switching to an Abyssus+LC+Blasphemy setup, i gained 200k on my Blade Flurry with similar gear (replacing the OSkarm with a rare with 50+ int, 10% attack speed and T1 life roll and replacing ammy and ring to cap lightning res while maintaining other offensive stats). meanwhile EHP with Abyssus+LC+Enfeeble is also significantly higher compared to a pure evasion setup. here are the links to the EHP calculator (values are based on life, evasion, and armor of char with existing gear and Abyssus+LC gear:

Normal setup

Abyssus+LC+Enfeeble setup

POB Links

Normal setup = https://pastebin.com/YsMZLTxd
Abyssus+LC setup = https://pastebin.com/vVpnbH5S
Last edited by anton2k4 on Jan 22, 2018, 2:25:52 PM
"
anton2k4 wrote:
"
Channi wrote:

I tried running an abyssus as well but i felt that the damage i take is a bit too high for my liking. if you really want to run an abyssus, i'd suggest getting a lightning coil and run a blasphemy enfeeble setup to offset the increased damage taken.

based on the POE wiki, the computation of physical damage with abyssus is initial damage scaled by modifiers > evasion and dodge check (fail) > block (fail) > damage shift (lightning coil, elder mod) > elememental resist application on element shifted damage (if any) > %phys reduction = damage taken value * % increased damage taken depending on abyssus roll = final damage taken

assuming that you don't have any armor except for a 40% abyssus (whose armor value is cut in half due to acrobatics) , if you are hit with a 100 phys damage, you will take 140 damage.

now with lighning coil and level 20 enfeeble, a 100 phys hit will be cut by 37% (enfeeble is a 37% less modifier which applies before defenses) so it will be 63 phys incoming. this will then be shifted (lightning coil), turning into a 44 phys, 19 (technically 18.9) lightning damage. the lightning damage will be cut into 25% so you're looking at 44 phys, 5 lightning (4.75 actual) lightning damage. then the % increased modifier from abyssus comes in so you will take 62 phys damage and 5 lightning damage for a total of 67 damage

I ran some calculations in the EHP calculator and POB in order to show the differences in DPS and EHP between my current gear and an abyssus setup and the results were promising. by switching to an Abyssus+LC+Blasphemy setup, i gained 200k on my Blade Flurry with similar gear (replacing the OSkarm with a rare with 50+ int, 10% attack speed and T1 life roll and replacing ammy and ring to cap lightning res while maintaining other offensive stats). meanwhile EHP with Abyssus+LC+Enfeeble is also significantly higher compared to a pure evasion setup. here are the links to the EHP calculator (values are based on life, evasion, and armor of char with existing gear and Abyssus+LC gear:

Normal setup

Abyssus+LC+Enfeeble setup

POB Links

Normal setup = https://pastebin.com/YsMZLTxd
Abyssus+LC setup = https://pastebin.com/vVpnbH5S

Wow thanks so much for the calculations! I figured that I could just run a double onigoroshi setup on the switch and put a CWDT setup in my chest instead so I wouldn't need a 6L. If thats the case, I'd probably just buy a shaped chest and switch weapons for ST and mobbing :D Thanks so much for the calculations! I'm also planning to use a Taste of hate so it'll also help mitigate more damage.
Last edited by Channi on Jan 22, 2018, 9:55:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info