[3.1] Scion Death's Oath Discharge - Work in Progress

This is not a guide!

Hey i tried to do my very first own build. Maby you can help me to make it viable.

Gear

Spoiler

Uniques:
Spoiler

Weapon:
Spoiler

Cospri's Malice with Discharge + Controlled Destruction + Increased Area of Effect

Body:
Spoiler

Death's Oath with Void Manipulation + Arcane Surge + Concentraded Effect + Less Duration + Swift Afflication + Efficacy

Boots:
Spoiler

Inya's Epiphany with Assasin's Mark + Enlighten (Lvl 3) + Despair + Blasphemy

Amulet:
Spoiler

Rares:
Spoiler

Helmet:
Spoiler

Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Concentrated Support Effect
Maximum Life
Chaos Resistence
*optional* if needed* Elemental Resistance
*optional* increased Area Damage

Shield:
Spoiler

increased Spell Damage
Maximum Life
Elemental Restinces

Gloves:
Spoiler

Socketed Gems have #% more Attack and Cast Speed (for the movment Skill)
Maximum Life
Elemental Resistence

Rings:
Spoiler

Maximum Life
Elemental Resistences

Possible Skill Tree:
Spoiler

POEPlanner:
Spoiler

https://poeplanner.com/AAsAARUACxAAAIeboaLZCPTIFIngtNG86u98-wmFe_fX4YjAZjrhJpXrY5u1hMXv6xNtBLM9X1VLjDa1SHzl9W_aYhQJSROHE5f0gptYB_baES0y0VAwsNhwUmHiPAWTH13yeC-mV03jnL7yRevukyc8KOw4_klqQxa_GGo1kv6PbAtVxrc-LJxQQvAflKCDCYnTdwe-gHyDmjvYveZYTLMNH8M6Z_ycpGh0Go_-CkGHl5VGcVKvbRl2grGQaowOSDpY2E0RL91fGYoqC2-eRUcki1-wKwpmVLfWHapSUwQHg9v56NAfrJgPq8pKu00gbttZn9_bXiaIUzXIDCL0ogC3MC2oAwTiralI8tKmMjE1GnoJ2cpGsVsAAAAAAA==

Path of Building:
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/uqPUKw3S

Ascendancy:
Spoiler

Witch Ascendancy (Occultist)
Shadow Ascendency (Trickster or Assassin)
+ 2 Passive Points

Gem Setup:
Spoiler

Chest:
Spoiler

Void Manipulation + Arcane Surge + Concentraded Effect + Less Duration + Swift Afflication + Efficacy

Weapon:
Spoiler

Discharge + Controlled Destruction + Increased Area of Effect

Boots:
Spoiler

Assasin's Mark + Enlighten (Lvl 3) + Despair + Blasphemy

Helmet: *have to be in helmet*
Spoiler

Cyclone + Cast on Critical Strike + Discharge + Increased Critical Strike

Gloves:
Spoiler

Shield Charge + Faster Attacks + Fortify + Increased Critical Strikes

Shield:
Spoiler

Vaal Haste + Summon Ice Golem + Increased Duration

Possible or completly impossible?
Last edited by MaddEye92 on Dec 25, 2017, 1:38:47 PM
Last bumped on Jan 5, 2018, 7:17:12 PM
without voll's protector, you will never be able to kill any monster above magic, because your really only power charge generation is the scion "chance to gain when you hit full life". if that doesnt give you pcharges, then yu stuck on the monsters, cycloneing, praying to god to help you kill any monster somehow, so you then will have MAYBE a channce to get any pcharges from your assasins mark, and then maybe proc the dicharge, if u hit, and you crit aswell. AAAAND thats only 1 pcharge. so you probably wont be able to kill even white monsters, but if you do, you still wont be able to kill higher life monsters. without pchare on crit and volls, rare monsters and bosses are totally forgettable. Last, you are probably increasing spell, and elemental damage, and deaths oath is dealing chaos damage and damage over time, as far as i know, so you would have no damage to neither of them, or one of them, so the other one would be useless.
decide if you want to build on death oath, or discharge, but both doesnt work.
Plus, both discharge and above all death oath are advanced build that I would not suggest for people that does fully understand the subtle details of this game. I have a death oath build with very good gear and I struggle in red maps.
Discharge build is easier to build but you need a lot of currency to make it powerful and not squishy at the same time.
Arcane Surge, Less Duration, and Swift Affliction don't work with Death Aura. Less Duration and Swift Affliction because Death Aura isn't a duration skill, so they don't support it, and Arcane Surge because you don't spend mana for it, so it won't trigger.
"
Thezanman wrote:
Arcane Surge, Less Duration, and Swift Affliction don't work with Death Aura. Less Duration and Swift Affliction because Death Aura isn't a duration skill, so they don't support it, and Arcane Surge because you don't spend mana for it, so it won't trigger.

I'm playing a Death's oath occultist build, and , yes, these support gems works. Less duration and swift affliction works with death aura but only when u socket arcane surge.

"Additionally, Arcane Surge Support can be used in a socket to support the Death Aura. While this gem does not provide any direct damage increase (since the Aura is not a casted spell), the hidden "duration" tag that it adds will enable use of the following support gems:

Swift Affliction Support
Less Duration Support"

Copy/paste from poe gamepedia.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info